What I'm having for dinner. (3 Viewers)

Do I have to explain this again? Beer goes in the "drinking" thread ,food in the "dinner" thread.

The moderator gets very upset and forces us to watch videos of Asian marionettes if we don't play by the rules.

Actually, I've been jonezing for some hot marionette-on-marionette action these days.
The Asian chat rooms are full of undercover Interpol agents and I can't trust anybody.
This is all I can find :

tawp-03.jpg

Dude, that's stop action action. Comparing stop action with professional marionetting is like saying there's no difference between a fry cook and a master chef!

Beer.

Late dinner.

Of beer.

Do I have to explain this again? Beer goes in the "drinking" thread ,food in the "dinner" thread.
Beer.

The moderator gets very upset and forces us to watch videos of Asian marionettes if we don't play by the rules.
Beer.

This is all I can find :
Beer.

Dude, that's stop action action. Comparing stop action with professional marionetting is like saying there's no difference between a fry cook and a master chef!

or a micro-brewer and a brewery.... BEER!:)

While eating, I was watching Supersize me.
Like we would say here, "rien de nouveau sous le soleil", this film relates things that everybody is aware of. But there is one scene I found surrealist : the one with the former obese man working for Subway who goes from schools to schools to tell his story about the nightmare he daily lived when obese, his fight against that and Subway's divine intervention thanks to which everything got better and better for him. He keeps repeating to kids that Subway isTHE solution against obesity. And some of them really believe him, we see a fat teengirl talking with him with her mother and thanking him and Subway again and again...It's just aberrant that such persons can be allowed by headmasters to promote grotesquely a take-away chain within schools.

A freak appears at 41min30 : Don Gorske, a John Lennon looking like BigMac fan who made his marriage proposal on ...a MacDonald's parking.
http://plus7.arte.tv/fr/detailPage/1697660,CmC=2535786,scheduleId=2511162.html

Last edited by a moderator:
We have some fresh strawberries and pineapple for the fruit salad.

Leg of lamb with fresh rosemary and garlic inserted into slits around the outside.( sounds like an Eminem song.) Basil, oregano, thyme, and half the spice rack spread on the outside with olive oil, cooked on the rotisserie.
Pita bread and plain yogurt, pasta salad and all of the usual things that go with a big leg of lamb feast. Red wine and cocktails.
Oh a photo.
lamb375_jt.jpg

Damn K, that looks like a fantastic way to cook. My wife and I are about to buy a house, and it has a fireplace. I need to get some details about how to use it as a cooking hearth.

So, starting to box stuff up, and it'll be take out for a little while. Tonight: Wonton soup, chicken satay, and some duck Pad Thai. Plenty of leftovers for us both tomorrow lunch.

'scuse me wrong photo

Please don't let me mislead you. Sorry about the photo I got from Google but I was going for leg of lamb.
I have a Charmglow my oldest daughter bought for me that looks like this( see below) and since I live in So. Cal. we get to use it a lot.
AAAACskFXLQAAAAAAA54tA.jpg

But it would be awesome to have one in the house.
Dinner was perfect. Just had to stop the rotisserie to use the meat thermometer for a perfect medium rare. Thyme garlic and black pepper. Red wine.

Last night it was poached eggs, potatoes, and toast. I'm one of those "breakfast anytime" people. And I like to buy those brown eggs that are from vegetarian/grain fed, no antibiotic, free-range hippie hens. They hug trees and smoke pot in between laying eggs. Its pretty cool.

That's funny, I only buy chicken that comes from birds that volunteered to be butchered by a small sect of transexual Trappist monks that live in a secluded West Virgina holler. The shit is expensive, and you have to have connections to get it, but you can taste the free will.

lol:D

I need to find one of those laughing emoto's but I'm just to damn lazy so that'll have to do.

Did I eat?:confused: Oh yeah, lunch for dinner.
Salmon, (wildly living free range on a farm) grilled, with a cilantro pesto on top of corn, beans an onions.

The last time I ate animals and fishes was in 2002. I very exactly stoped feeding myself with these poor little things in december 2002, more than six years ago now, wow. Fond of flesh since my early childhood, I suddenly became fond of vegetables, discovering how tasty they can be
bave2.gif

I'm one of those "breakfast anytime" people.
And I'm one of those "crisps anytime" people...Yesterday, I ate some on breakfast :D

After giving up meat and fish I realized vegetables were living things, also, so I stopped killing them too. I now mainly exist on Cheez-its and jello.

I'm on a strict chewing gum diet for 25 years now and once I met a tiger in the jungle of Bali. " I would just love to tear you to pieces and feast on your flesh " he said " but I can smell cherry flavoured Wrigley's so you must be the chewing gum guy all wilderness is talking about." He led me deep into the jungle and introduced me to apes and sheep and ... ehm... uhm... the story's done.

Since I don't want to kill animals or vegetables, I now live on a diet of synthetic vitamin pills and water...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking about cutting out meat but not all of it. I still like chicken and fish so maybe I'll just cut out animals with ears. I still won't eat a seal though.

I never eat anything that has a soul, a face, takes a shit, or makes use of photosynthesis. I mostly eat those little Jello pudding cups and Taco Bell.

Me too. As chips, fries, hash browns, baked, mashed.... is there even a bad way to prepare a potato ? Or is that the Irishman in me talking ?

sp037.jpg

Olive oil a tin of anchovies and garlic simmered in a pan. I added some sliced black olives tomato sauce, basil, oregano, black pepper, red pepper flakes and some shallots. Stirred in some red wine a bit of the water from the cooking linguine. Mixed it with the pasta. Mm delicious and easy.

YUM!
And I am so proud that all of you spelled potateoe correctly!:confused: Good job!
I do love me a greasy veggie crisp! Who needs ears and snouts?
Though a toasty deep-fried hamster is tempting. CRB:)

Mushroom fried rice with pork, and a piece of garlic bread. Delicious Chicago tap water (pharmaceutical traces included !) over ice to drink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back