What I'm having for dinner. (4 Viewers)

okok... In order to make gG's ale, you get to make ginger syrup and candied ginger. How fun for you!!
I like eating raspberries with this.
Let me know what you think!

Thank you gigi, I just received a couple of bags of fresh raspberries yesterday so I making raspberry liquer. It calls for lemon zest which is one of the most refreshing smells. Mmmmm.
The cilantro sounds very good.

Once again welcome to the forum.

Thank you gigi, I just received a couple of bags of fresh raspberries yesterday so I making raspberry liquer. It calls for lemon zest which is one of the most refreshing smells.

Oh yum! Now you should post the liqueur recipe! My mother used to make cherries jubilee that really lived up to its name. It was essentially Molotov cocktail material!

Once again welcome to the forum.

Garsh, thanks Gerard! I'm enjoying myself here - everyone is so helpful and nice.

So you boil the linguine and cook the bacon(turkey bacon, lots less fat) to a crisp. You cook some brocoli in the microwave. On the linguine you put some garlic powder, black pepper and some olive oil. Crumble the bacon (turkey bacon, it's healthier for you) onto the linguine and place the brocoli crowns around the edges of the linguine.

Pick up the knife and fork.

You cook some brocoli in the microwave.
I see we have an emergency here. Bro. Dude. Get yourself over to the grocery store. Look for that little spot where they sell Pyrex measuring cups and aluminum turkey pans. Look around for one of these:

steamer.jpg

Now find a pot that contraption fits into, pour in some water (water level should be slightly under contraption), dump in your broccoli, cover the pot, get that thing boiling, reduce the heat - but you want it to continue to boil - then wait about 10 minutes.

You'll never microwave broccoli again. That machine is for making popcorn and cooking cats and babies (that's what I heard anyway, a friend of a friend of my cousin saw it happen). Not for cooking vegetables.

^excellent contraption. I only wish it came in a bigger size. But I like to cook my babies on a vertisserie.

franklinchef.jpg

Deliciously tender with a crispy crust, and all the baby fat drops to the bottom of the pan!

Hey Black Swan, what's a Porto?

:confused:Hey Black Swan, What is a "porto"? I've heard of Port wine, and Portobella mushrooms, but not Porto! :confused::confused:

porto is the same as port wine.
Just the portuguese word for it .
To be savored like and with a cigar, cheese or chocolate.
From the region of Porto I believe.
I prefer the tawny's , aged in the barrels.
Colors are a pleasure to look at, like jewels.

Around 6:00 P.M., it was 1/2 can of veggie soup and some pretzels.
Plus a handful of smoked almonds.
OK - maybe two handfuls.

mmm....heart healthy for a change (not counting the sodium)...

Tonight I made seared shrimp and broccoli on pesto linguine. The recipe is you buy good ingredients, cook them for the proper amount of time, and mix them in appropriate proportions with the right amount of thin-sliced onion, minced garlic, herbs and spices.

Huitlacoche is considered a delicacy and some Mexican restaurants serve it here in Chicago, I think. A few years ago, some place in the Wicker Park neighborhood made a big splash with it. One reviewer raved about it's earthy/nutty flavor and pointed out that mushrooms are a fungus too. But I can't picture that shit on a pizza, myself...

Hey man, if people will eat raw fish, why not corn fungus?

Tonight we had thick hamburgers cooked over open fire on the grill. On onion rolls, with cheese. And watermelon (not cooked on the grill).

The grill is a big four burner propane-fueled monstrosity, half the size of a 55 gallon drum. I never in my wildest dreams would have thought I would own such a thing, but I was a vegetarian for 25 years, and I'm making up for lost time. The grill helps with that. I have a lot of steaks left to eat. Wish me luck.

Tonight we had thick hamburgers cooked over open fire on the grill. On onion rolls, with cheese...I never in my wildest dreams would have thought I would own such a thing, but I was a vegetarian for 25 years, and I'm making up for lost time. The grill helps with that. I have a lot of steaks left to eat. Wish me luck.

Good luck. Now, just make sure to cook those fuckers rare. If not, you might as well be eating shoe leather or overdone tofu fried in rancid suet.

Best food ever is unconventional surf and turf with grilled corn on the cob. For example: Lamb rib chops, marinated in Worcestershire and crushed rosemary and garlic on the grill with hot grilled/seared scallops, and one (nay, three) of those tiny-kerneled ears of white and yellow corn rolled in copious amounts of butter.

Why don't we have a drooling smiley?

Good luck. Now, just make sure to cook those fuckers rare.
What do you take me for, a hillbilly?! ;)

Usually we grill steaks, the hamburgers are okay, but a good grilled steak - lawdy mama!

Does kind of make you useless for a few hours though, eating big slabs of meat. But I can live with that.

I had Chicken Curry & Vegetable Korma over Basmati Rice. Also, Samosas with Raita. All Homemade...
Dining choices are improving in your neck of the woods, eh ? ;)

I'm jealous!

The kids made rotisserie chicken with ginger and garlic inside the skin and a little sesame oil on the skin. Something about fathers day.
Aww - a belated Happy Father's Day to you, and Bill, and all the other Dads on the board. I just LOVE those recipes that call for tucking herbs and spices under the skin of poultry. One time, my brother made a pork-loin roast that featured slivers of garlic inserted all around it. He brushed the skin with olive oil and dusted it with herbs....Mmmmm. And if I remember right, the occasion was Father's Day. Dad approved, of course.

Dining choices are improving in your neck of the woods, eh ? ;)

Well, the Indian place has been there for a while. Other than that we are swimming in a sea of white bread all you-can-eat, belly-up-to-the-troth restaurants. The only sushi place in the area is one where they also throw the shrimp at you, which people seem to love. My point being that even our sushi place is a national corporate restaurant chain. Just like our Ponderosa.

Bill

A customer brought in fresh Pacific Albacore and Yellow Tail Tuna.
Marinated it in orange juice, soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, oregano, garlic, black pepper. On the Bar B Que for 10 or 11 mins and drink a little bit of white wine with a salad.
Life is good! Customers love salesmen, as they should.

Wow - that sounds good. Nothing like marinated/grilled fish to salute the end of summer and prepare for October. We made grilled talapia fish tacos on Sinday night.

Tonight I had salted/roasted peanuts-in-the-shell, tuna(w/hard-boiled egg white and celery) sandwich, and some tortilla chips reclaimed from the back chair in the kitchen - still crunchy... good enough....

tonight,
homemade
organic curried vegetable soup with barley and lentils,
baked halibut with olive oil and squid sauce,
over green leaf lettuce and tomatoes with olive oil and red wine vinegar.
was a real pleasure.
with a cold beer.

tonight,
homemade
organic curried vegetable soup with barley and lentils,
baked halibut with olive oil and squid sauce,
over green leaf lettuce and tomatoes with olive oil and red wine vinegar.
was a real pleasure.
with a cold beer.

Squid sauce? I would try that, my kids love crazy stuff like that. My oldest daughter is in the Navy and is called a Squid.

I'm going to go to Canada to eat.

There's a Spanish restaurant right down the street that serves fantastic Tapas, and one of the dishes is squid in its own ink. Funny, it looks a bit like uncooked ziti with blueberry sauce, but I can assure you that it does not taste like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back