What I'm having for dinner. (4 Viewers)

I made a pesto chicken pizza on naan bread. pan fried the mushrooms, onions and peppers first.
didn't have any sun dried tomatoes left, which pissed me off.
love me some sun dried tomatoes.
and I didn't have one ounce of booze today.

Wow, that sounds good! I had homemade stuffed peppers, and a nice cauliflower with cheese sauce.CRB:)

Sorry for the double post. What were the peppers stuffed with? I'm guessing the classic ground beef with rice in a green pepper. Good stuff.

For a variation, try chicken and peas with lentils or cous-cous in a red pepper.

Or, shrimp/scallops with sliced water chestnuts and Thai curry coconut milk in an orange or yellow pepper.

the thing about being broke is that it forces me to make things from scratch.

so tonight is jambalaya and corn bread.

Some sort of dish from Hungary... potato slices and chopped up sausage amongst brocolli and onions and whatnot... put on the stove for quite a while to wallow in sweet grease.

the thing about being broke is that it forces me to make things from scratch.
so tonight is jambalaya and corn bread.
That's a good idea.

I too am broke but we have a freezer so I found some Gorton's Fish fillets

430allnat_cajun_p.jpg

There was also some plain old pollack in the freezer so that's cooking too.
I put some Old Bay seasoning on that and some EV olive oil.

oldbay.jpg

sun dried tomatoes - I FUCKING LOVE THEM TOO!

I once lectured a friend of mine for almost one drunk hour on the amazing personal qualities and properties of the tomato, in all its forms. Don't get me start on Onions. Or broccoli. Jesus.

I have no idea what I am going to have for dinner. I might have a bowl of chicken noodle soup with extra pasta in it. But, I feel, I might need something more substantial, I was quite drunk last night, and had sex for throughout most of the evening and into the wee morning hours. I need steak or something manly like that. Sadly, I can't afford such a thing today.

Try grilled peanut butter and jelly. Use the George Foreman grill. That's at dinner PB&J is mostly a lunch sandwich.

falcune said:
Oh, yeah, I forgot to tell you I tried that George Foreman PBJ sandwich and it was f'ing marvelous like Marvin Hagler.

Amen. I tried that tonight and it was epic. Revolutionary.

Thanks for that, Gerard. I've taken the liberty of naming it a Knucklehead Sandwich in your honor.

Those Gorton's Fish Filets are damn good. Tonight we had a home-cooked meal that would've cost at least $20 per plate in a restaurant: 2 petite filet mignon, grilled ($6.99), mixed green salad ($3.99), 2 baked potatoes (about two bucks) with sour cream (a buck-something) and green onions (about a buck).

Amen. I tried that tonight and it was epic. Revolutionary.

Thanks for that, Gerard. I've taken the liberty of naming it a Knucklehead Sandwich in your honor.

Thank you but the honor goes to the real Knucklehead of the 21st century Jon Scieszka who wrote a book by that name. I just heard him on NPR on Saturday morning.

I had perogies and turkey kielbasa for dinner ( left overs)

103-205548_t150.jpg

I had turkey with gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberry juice, pumpkin pie last Thursday.

I imagine a lot of you did also. Except the ones who live in all the communist countries in Europe.

With chopsticks, I am eating out of a frying pan, a cold stir fry with tofu, cauliflower, snow peas, rice noodles, garlic, onions, and it is just great!:)

Pizza; and if I'm lucky, some chili from my next door neighbor. Witnessed his creation; and dang, it had everything but the proverbial kitchen sink...all types of peppers, meats, spices, etc. Does anyone here have a secret chile recipe? If one is posted, I will give mine up to the masses...

Pax,

homeless mind

I just got chastized (in a friendly way) for not posting in over two weeks, so I figured this was as good a place as any. My wife and I are both good cooks, and we made some great meals over the holidays: an excellent chicken parmesan, broiled tuna with pan-seared scallops on the side, and Greek lemon chicken soup with homemade cornbread.

We shopped yesterday, and tonight we have our choice of grilled pork chops, salmon steaks or chicken breast. Whatever we have, I'm sure it will be good.:)

Well I'll put my two cents in: tonight it was tuna-melts and canned clam chowder (damn fine). Last night was a banner night in the Scribbler house...Porterhouse steaks, baked potatoes and gravy! All choked-down with a giant glass of whole milk (drinking alcohol variations and eating must be separated for me...as I'll always pursue one or the other TOO enthusiastically...disabling half the fun).

I just had a hot roast beef sandwich smothered in gravy AND some sort of melted cheese (American, I believe.) Drizzled over it with mashed potatoes and a delicious gravy. Probably about 1000 calories. I ate at Peter Luger steak house last week and this Diner tonight made Luger's seem like eating at a Sheetz or a Sonic. Also had some chocolate mousse for dessert. 4 days into the New Year and my healthy eating resolution is shattered.

I remember when there were mostly vegan posts on this thread.

I had my soup and I had one hell of a time getting the 'r' out of all of the turkey soup.

Tonite it was some more soup. ( Turkey ) extra 'R' and a homemade hamburger with Kosher pickles and mustard and ketchup. Washed it down with Merlot.

Grilled onions, of course.

What's with the "R" that keeps vexing your attempts at soup enjoyment ?

I have access to a well-behaved, but very protective dog that is not afraid to defend the right of free citizens to partake of soup without unwarranted interference by "activist chefs".

Just let me know.....

Before I go to bed, I will attempt to mix Hamburger Helper, rice, and beer.
Not literally, even though it would make me a hero in the "Alcoholic Marathoner's Poverty Cookbook". Just saving time on a busy day tomorrow.

Tonite it will be homemade tukey soup. With french bread on the side. The broth was simmer with shallots.

#6,TUKEY soup that's what the 'R' thing is all about.

I may have called it tukey soup when I was 3.

Now I plan to have tuna casserol for dinner, with peas. Salad with Italian dressing. More wine.

Slamon baked with herb sauce, Asparagus spears, leftover cole slaw and a salad of fresh romaine lettuce and tomatoes Italian dressing. (store bought Tuscan House Italian by Kraft) Merlot.

Diner. I had the fried scallops. Man, they were big ones;.defeated the usual special "morselness" of them. My boy had pancakes and bacon. 45 years and I've still learned nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back