What I'm having for dinner. (1 Viewer)

Which woman will marry a guy who has such a diet? It looks like vomit! This repellent mixture + the Gallagher brothers' pictures... I'm about to feel sick. :D

Plus the secret ingredient in the sauce of this wretched shit is napalm. That's why it eats in to damn near everything it comes in to contact with. Wait till nervas breaks out a can of Campbell's Spaghettio's for the finest in vomit-like cuisine.

Chef Boyardee. VERY similar to boeuf bourguignon, American style.
Are you sure, David ? :D Just look at this picture of bœuf bourguignon and then look again at the vomit above :D:

Bueno-et-le-B-Bourgue.jpg

That's what it smelled like last time I was there, anyway. I only ate bread. Everything else was some combination of brains and pancreas, and I'm just not down with that.
That was in the Middle Ages. Since then, French gastronomy has evolved.

Oh please... the yanks don't know shit about food.

Shit.

These are people who'd rather eat mash potatoes from a packet than actually peeling and boiling them.

Sigh.

Can we just agree that perhaps food is the only thing the French know about?

ROC, you are hereby challenged to defend that statement. Chow on your wallabees and all that, but I know more about proper food technique than your festering bunghole.

It's true.

My festering bunghole is completely fucking clueless when it comes to 'proper food technique'.

But if we are going to persist with stereotypes and consign the French to the status of brain eating surrender monkeys then I feel compelled to throw my truly insignificant weight behind the idea that maybe you yanks know even less about 'proper food technique'.

What the hell does 'proper food technique' mean anyway?!

On second thoughts, don't worry about it. My wallaby is ready.

WALLABY STEW

Poor Dad he got five years or more as everybody knows
And now he lives in Maitland Jail with broad arrows on his clothes
He branded all of Brown's clean skins and never left a tail
So I'll relate the family's woes since Dad got put in jail

cho: So stir the wallaby stew
Make soup of the kangaroo tail
I tell you things is pretty tough
Since Dad got put in jail

Our sheep were dead a month ago not rot but blooming fluke
Our cow was boozed last Christmas Day by my big brother Luke
And Mother has a shearer cove for ever within hail
The family will have grown a bit since Dad got put in jail

Our Bess got shook upon a bloke he's gone we don't know where
He used to act around the shed but he aint acted square
I've sold the buggy on my own the place is up for sale
That wont be all that isn't junked when Dad comes out of jail

They let Dad out before his time to give us a surprise
He came and slowly looked around and gently blessed our eyes
He shook hands with the shearer cove and said he thought things stale
So he left him here to shepherd us and battled back to jail

I never knew the proper spelling of wallaby. Cheers for that.

As for technique, it is a je ne sais quoi - you either have it or not.

There, French taken care of and I'm off the proverbial hook. Or not.

FYI, I make killer mashed potatoes, and I don't peel them.

I haven't known anyone who has made potatoes out of a box since the 1960s. Maybe after you guys get something newer than Happy Days on TV there you'll see what really goes on here. ;)

Whether the French know anything about food depends on whether you enjoy their kind of food, and I do not. Though I had some excellent Greek food in Paris. Made by Greeks, not Parisians.

Everything I ate that was prepared by Parisians was shitty, and that's not an exaggeration. They didn't seem to give a good god damn about what they plopped onto the plate. As long as you had to wait two hours for it, they were happy. A few years later I was in France, but safely outside of Paris, and I had one or two edible meals.

Overall it was mostly borderline garbage that I wouldn't pay $9 for at the Sizzler on Western Ave. "French food" as something to aspire to is a lie. The first time I was there, in 1984 I saw a fucking McDonalds in Paris, and the line was out the door. The myth of the superior French palette just seems like tourist board bullshit to me.

But then people who think too much about food, and how it always has to be unique and different and challenging are weird to me anyway.

As for cooking magazine glamor shots of bœuf bourguignon, in America we have jobs. We don't sit around at cafes for three hours in the afternoon, then decide we are too blue to return to work and go home to cook for three more hours. We're too busy making money so we can pay some idiot Frenchman to live in our outhouses and cook bœuf bourguignon for us. That's how we roll.

Yeah right.

Mash potatoes from a box was what I witnessed in NYC 6 years ago. The flat mates of the guy I was staying with could not be persuaded to go downstairs and 1 block south for fresh 'produce' as you septics so charmingly call it.

I have 3 friends from uni days living in New York now and I can get signed affidavits verifying the general crappiness of food on offer. Maybe we could sue?

I travelled the US in 2000 from NY to SF from Chicago to New Orleans and can say I've never seen worse food on offer generally.

Third world countries in south east Asia eat better.

That's why you have the highest obesity levels in the world. We are 6th.

1) USA: 30.6 percent
2) Mexico: 24.2 percent
3) UK: 23 percent
4) Slovakia: 22.4 percent
5) Greece: 21.9 percent
6) Australia: 21.7 percent
7) New Zealand: 20.9 percent
8) Hungary: 18.8 percent
9) Luxembourg: 18.4 percent
10) Czech Rep: 14.8 percent

The French aren't even in the top 20, so Beefaroni = bad. Brains in vomit = good. :D

Someone without dreadlocks would be served a different, not tampered, food, in France. A meal worth eating.

Doesn't Franco American make BeefaRoni?? Oh no, worse, Spaghettios.

spaghettiosvchef.jpg

I travelled the US in 2000 from NY to SF from Chicago to New Orleans and can say I've never seen worse food on offer generally.
Third world countries in south east Asia eat better.

You didn't eat in the right places. If you're ever in L.A., I'll take you to some great places for Mexican food or barbecue.

And some of the best food I've ever had was from street vendors in Bangkok.

Everything I ate that was prepared by Parisians was shitty, and that's not an exaggeration.

I love me some French bread, French toast and Fren... uh, freedom fries.

Escargots are an abomination.

I'd rather eat bull testicles.

How could you possibly visit four of the finest restaurant cities in the U.S. and come away disappointed ? You were born without taste-buds ! We need to host a telethon or something to raise awareness of your pitiful condition.

The wife's a foody so she researched ahead of time and we ate some fine food on our travels.

But the general stuff on offer (on the beaten track, if you like) was just dreadful.

If you're going to have telethon for me can we make it cash for books?

The wife's a foody so she researched ahead of time and we ate some fine food on our travels.

But the general stuff on offer (on the beaten track, if you like) was just dreadful.
Well, we had the same experience then. Just opposite. I didn't get anything good until I got out of Paris. The general rule I developed was the fancier (and more expensive) the place, the less edible the food.

But as Gerard so helpfully pointed out, I did have dreadlocks both times I went to France (no so common on a skinny white American lad in 1984, so I probably looked homeless), and I was probably a pain in the ass to feed. "Yes, my good man, I would like the pancreas, but with no pancreas or pancreas juices, the brains, but hold the actual brains, and the bœuf bourguignon without beef. And make it snappy boy, I don't want to sit here for the rest of the day waiting!"

I wore a beret to Paris thinking I would fit in, and Americans asked me for directions all day long.

This is all a goof to me anyway because fancy food is lost on me. I grew up in the country. We didn't have bœuf bourguignon in Mahtomedi or Grand Marais.

If you're ever in L.A., I'll take you to some great places for Mexican food or barbecue.

I will sooo take you up on that one day (I hope!).

Glowy Joey has real potential.

Anyone else here tried Kangaroo meat? It's very good when prepared properly.

It's just fun to tease Ambreen. I like Ambreen. She's stubborn and proud, even or especially if she's rushing into a dead end street.

It's true the French make the best baguette, but when it comes down to real bread, no one in the whole fucking world can beat us. Us, you understand, Paul Bocuse? You know it. Admit it.

Still the French have a crazy variety of very fine cheese, at a Cora Supermarket you have 16 meters of about 500 different kinds of cheese to choose from. They come over here to buy bread in locust swarms and send packages to their poor relatives who don't live that close to the German border and can't afford the journey. Oh, how happy they are once they've tasted their cheese on our bread. But they're even more ashamed of their own baguettes and punish themselves with Sado-Maso Sex Games. This has been going on for centuries and is the true origin of Marquis de Sade.

The French are a strange bunch...
I have nothing against them, as long as they leave some bread in the shelves.

You'll be served.
I'll charge one kangaroo for that, but leave the head at home. I'm not French.

And can someone please send me a jerk chicken?
I'll never forget the red face of the English woman when she read the sign for jerk chicken.
Supertasty. I'd like to have a Negril jerk chicken.

I love how this thread has gone from what we are having for dinner, to us strong heartily defending our countries of origin; ROC has even stepped it up a notch and provided factual evidence.

Bottom line, I like my steak and mashed potatoes... even if they come from a box. And as for what I'm having for dinner tonight, it's pizza, from the always classy Little Caesars.

pan fried trout in olive oil and a mixed green salad with feta cheese and raspberry vinaigrette dressing.

Yeah... that came out wrong. But I think I actually do have a few Banquet country fried steaks in boxes in my freezer; only 88 cents for a TV dinner, gotta love Walmart.

As for a vagiterian, that would be an interesting lifestyle to say the least...

I like you too, Mark!

I love how this thread has gone from what we are having for dinner, to us strong heartily defending our countries of origin; ROC has even stepped it up a notch and provided factual evidence.
That's the President-Dictator who began all this by denigrating French food whereas nobody had talked of French food.

Hey poor skinny white trash with dreadlocks, next time you come here, ask for Maité and she'll cook you one of her specialities, like this one:

[This video is unavailable.]

Or marry me and I'll cook you boeuf bourguignon without beef whenever you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing duking it out here tonight was Domino's, Mc Donalds, or Del Taco and Del Taco won, MACHO size! But now I feel like I'm gonna be sick. But the Lakers won their first game of the playoffs, so I think I'll be ok.

I bought a can of that variety Sunday- somehow I feel I'll be very disappointed when I open it up.

I believe the lady should be reimbursed on the portion of the can that was taken up by the rat but not for the whole can.

Rat in a Can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back