Your *strangest* Buk Piece (2 Viewers)

hank solo

Just practicin' steps and keepin' outta the fights
Reaper Crew
Founding member
I was thinking about starting a thread with the subject 'What weird things are part of your Bukowski collection?' because I am sure some of you have things that form part of your collection which aren't books, mags or anything literary but still have some link to Bukowski that made you buy them one time.

Then Lttr Prssd joined us and started the 'Your Rarest Buk Piece' thread to make us all sooooo jealous; so here you are, here's a similarly named thread for you to tell us all what odd things you have on your shelves in Bukowski's honour or whatever...

30 empty bottles (mostly of wine) stacked from tallest to shortest in the freezing basement of my ex-girlfriends dad's house, which is my room.

not rare and perhaps not that odd, but I have 2 Bukowski magnetic poetry kits.

picture.php

but they were free. I won them in a contest.

not rare and perhaps not that odd, but I have 2 Bukowski magnetic poetry kits.
That's cool. I'm a bit jealous. Were they ever mass produced? I figure if I rip off Buk in my writing, it may as well be magnetic. Right?

I don't have much strange stuff... Except my copy of Crucifix that is signed twice. Maybe.

That's cool. I'm a bit jealous. Were they ever mass produced? I figure if I rip off Buk in my writing, it may as well be magnetic. Right?

I'm guessing they were produced for reps to give away as freebies, etc. but not intended for sale.

I have some of the masonite from the closet of Bukowski's Delongpre bungalow....

The plan is to grind it up and make it into paper. Thanks to a very nice buk.net member for sending it to me.

Bill

i had posted these in the "best gift ever" thread but it seems fitting for this thread as well....
linda sent these items to me:
CIMG2232.jpg

here's buk wearing the shirt
scan0010-2.jpg

night torn mad hc 1st
hankkkkkk.jpg

and a get well card
scan0002-3.jpg

and then there's the photo linda sent from her garden
scan0002-4.jpg

and a picture of one of the buk poetry billboards
scan0001-4.jpg

i saved the package she sent it all in as well...
scan0008.jpg

so that's my strangest buk pieces i suppose...and favorite!

Yup, james wins another thread. No matter how many times I read that note, it just keeps getting better. That is truly awesome.

Buk's shirt with the letter and pics will be a hard act to follow! So far, James is the leader of the pack...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hooch is right, James! Give the shirt to me and you'll never be called a show off anymore. I'll carry that burden for you instead...:rolleyes:

james, you lucky bastard!
again i'm happy this helped you so much getting well.

my 'strangest' piece are some leaves of grass that grew out of Hanks grave.

Here's a real oddity. In 2001, someone at Barnes & Nobel had the bright idea that a good way to promote books would be to reproduce famous dust jackets on chocolate bar wrappers. I'm not kidding! A few test bars were made and then the idea was abandoned. Here's a chocolate bar with the cover of WOMEN reprinted on the wrapper.

Women 1.1.jpg Women 2.2.jpg

James, great great great.!Love it even more the second time--the picture of Buk with Linda with the beer...Life as celebration indeed!

And NY Mark, just printed up the Women chocolate bar! Thanks!

Here's a real oddity. In 2001, someone at Barnes & Nobel had the bright idea that a good way to promote books would be to reporduce famous dust jackets on chocolate bar wrappers. I'm not kidding! A few test bars were made and then the idea was abandoned. Here's a chocolate bar with the cover of WOMEN reprinted on the wrapper.

You know those candy bars didn't have any nuts.:p

Here's a real oddity. In 2001, someone at Barnes & Nobel had the bright idea that a good way to promote books would be to reporduce famous dust jackets on chocolate bar wrappers. I'm not kidding! A few test bars were made and then the idea was abandoned. Here's a chocolate bar with the cover of WOMEN reprinted on the wrapper.

Wow, that's really something special! Maybe it wasn't such a bad idea after all. I mean, if they could get people to read more books...

Yow, I don't know if this is more strange than a Women candy bar, but this is probably the most oddball thing I have around here:

cows_in_art_class.jpg
CowsInABottle.jpg

Well if you make it yourself then you get double points :p

Nice mug! - I think the drawing is made from a photo in The Outsider...

Btw, We could make our own official Buknet mug!

A bit hard to sell a chocolate bar when the wrapper reads HAM ON RYE though. :)

You Get So Alone Sometimes it Just Makes Sense would be perfect on a candy bar. The women know what I'm talkin' 'bout.

Ham on Rye R O C is right. No candy wrapper for that.

I have some of the masonite from the closet of Bukowski's Delongpre bungalow....
The plan is to grind it up and make it into paper. Thanks to a very nice buk.net member for sending it to me.
Bill, that is one of the greatest ideas ever, in fact brilliant. The only thing cooler would be if you could steal his ashes and sprinkle them into the mix ... :)

Man, when you gots people like James around, you abdicate the right to brag. His SHIRT? Jeez, amazing.

You've got to be fucking kidding!!! and besides the thing looks more like Dennis Miller.

That bobblehead doll is from Greg Smith, of Motherroad Publications; publisher of Bukowski, Plymell & Michael J. Phillips...

Still, I have to say that the bobblehead looks like MJP more that Bukowski. You be the judge.

a982_1.jpg

10448_mjp.jpg

Bill

Yeah, he made 300,000 of those, but when alternative man didn't become a best-seller he had my name covered over with Bukowski's. I couldn't blame him. Business is business.

It certainly does'nt look like Buk! - Jezuz, what's next? Buk as an action man? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back