A Deep & Gorgeous Thirst (1 Viewer)

Hosh

hoshomccreesh.com
Okay -- I've put off the bragging for long enough. My drunken opus (approx 350 pgs) is officially available for PRE-SALE over at Artistically Declined Press. BoSP has been tapped to do the hardback & clamshell special editions.

It lasts from July 22nd to August 16th. The book is officially released on September 16th, 2013
(We need a month to make them, so pre-sales of the special editions close mid-August.) Please please please read this: The pre-sale is the only time we will sell the special editions -- so, if you want one, don't put it off too much.

1) The DrunkSkull Flask/Clamshell Edition: $100 + shipping
http://artisticallydeclined.net/offerings/79134-a-deep-gorgeous-thirst-drunkskull-flask
The Coup d'Grace, the top-of-the-line! It includes a handmade hardback copy of the book, housed in a custom-made clamshell + extras like: a letter and/or watercolor from the author, an unpublished drunk poem broadside, a murder of promotional goodies, and hidden within -- an 8oz DrunkSkull flask, engraved with the book's logo.

2) Signed, Lettered Hardback Edition: $40 + shipping
http://artisticallydeclined.net/offerings/79133-a-deep-gorgeous-thirst-signed-lettered

As it suggests -- a signed, lettered hardback, handmade by bookmaker extraordinare Bill Roberts of Bottle of Smoke Press. It will likely include an unpublished drunk poem broadside, and a host of whatever extra goodies we've got laying around as well.

3) Signed, Numbered Trade Paperback Edition: $20 + shipping
http://artisticallydeclined.net/offerings/79132-a-deep-gorgeous-thirst-signed-numbered-trade
A trade paperback copy, signed and numbered, with a broadside, and a little extra or two thrown in for good measure.

The Regular Trade Paperback Edition: $14 + shipping
http://artisticallydeclined.net/offerings/79131-a-deep-gorgeous-thirst

This special pre-sale price lasts until the book's release on September 16th, 2013.
(n.b: $16+ shipping after the book is released)

The standard trade paperbacks will not only be available through the ADP storefront, and elsewhere online, but will be available for order from any of your local bookstores (it's being distributed through Ingram) So go in and tell your local that, if they knew what was good for them, they'd order 5 copies.

It's some of the best writing I've ever done, and I think you fine ladies and gents might find a little something to raise a glass to in the book.

I just ordered me one of them HBs.

Roxanne Gay's book ended up as one of the books of the month in my local Waterstones (Brighton, England), so maybe we'll see yours in there too.

Well done on this Hosh

Well, this purchase will be a whole lot more fun than the hot water heater I had to pay for this weekend. And BTW, how can i get my hands on some stickers and buy a t-shirt? I just spent too much of my work time surfing those sticker/t-shirt pics. Ha! I need to put those stickers throughout Philly.

Last edited:
I got ya covered, PhillyDave. Will send out soon... Any and everyone who wants some stickers to vadalize either their stuff or their hometown drop me a message with your address, and I'll send them out.

What, no non-paper version for the technorati and digital elite?
Well, I don't know...maybe eventually. Do people read anything but smut on eReaders?

Well, my overflowing bookshelves welcome the Kindle (and the Nexus), since it's difficult for me to wedge any more books into them (on a side note, about once a year Carol and I say, "We have to go through these shelves and get rid of some books!" then we spend an hour or two rearranging everything but removing nothing). I only buy paper if I have to. And honestly, I've passed on some books that were paper-only in the past year.

Not on things like this, of course. But mass-market stuff. This I'll still buy and I'll just have to use the jaws of life to get it onto the shelves. But FYI, I'm not alone in preferring digital these days. It's a market, might as well serve it.

Well, I don't know...maybe eventually. Do people read anything but smut on eReaders?
"50 Shades of Gray" and whatnot... Hey, it's a crossover thread w/ worst/most overrated books!

Well, my overflowing bookshelves welcome the Kindle (and the Nexus), since it's difficult for me to wedge any more books into them
Someone told me, a couple years ago, that they decided what format to buy like this:
If it's a book you're willing to box up and carry from hous eto house for years: buy paper
If it's a book you want to be able to reference quickly when needed, but otherwise might not want to physically carry (read: the unabridged OED) buy it for the eReader.

I think that's a terrific approach.

eBooks, and even an audio version was mentioned in the contract...so it's a possibility.

it looks fantastic!
It is.

And I hate braggart assholes...but it really is some of the best writing I've ever done.

Thanks. I plan on getting sticker pictures at Buk's former residence and some of my favorite watering holes.

Yeah, i'm going to a bachelor party Saturday and it's starting out for dinner at a really posh steak joint in center city, The Capital Grille. Restaurants and the Philadelphia Art Museum are about the only classy things in Philly. Assuming I get a few stickers in time there should be some ridiculous photos. :?:

Okay, I promise this is the last reminder for the PRE-SALE.

Two days...

That's all that remain...then the special editions are gone. We aren't making extras -- and I only know of 1 or 2 book buyers getting copies...so chances of buying one later are, well, greatly reduced.

Here's the clamshell edition (to be made by Bill and me!)
http://artisticallydeclined.net/offerings/79134-a-deep-gorgeous-thirst-drunkskull-flask

Other editions can be found at the bottom of the same page.

And thanks, truly, to everyone who has already ordered...I appreciate all the tremendous support!

Okay. But I'll make sure you're prepared. We don't want another Houdini incident on our hands.
No...no we don't.

By the by, there's a drunk poem in the book about the time my buddy, while aiming for my gut, actually crushed in what I've taken to calling one of my "ball garages" (as in one of the two garages where a ball parks)...not good times! Tell me again where the Wordsworth or Ezra Pound or e.e. cummings poem about THAT is? I rest my case, your honor.

Yeah, you spend all kinds of time thinking about my ball garages... Not gonna get me in your basement Buffalo Bill!

It is worth me printing some bookplates that you can stick in there. Signed helps them sell?

Hosh is coming here in about a month to bind the hardcovers and clamshells. Maybe we;ll make some up...

Bill

Signed can help sell. If I could find a way to make it a "local author" thing even though he isn't actually local... But I could probably fake something.

I mean, we're all local. Planetwise. And Hosh, you... you do live on Earth, right?

Quick query from one who works in a corporate bookshop... Since they're from Ingram, are they returnable to the publisher?

Also, as someone who is a manager at a corporate bookshop... I don't give a shit, I'm ordering 5 anyway... I know what's good for me.

The regular trades ordered through Ingram would be. As the special editions are coming from ADP/me, they wouldn't. At least that's my understanding...but the gut-punch stands on the special editions. A gut-punch guarantee!

Signed can help sell. If I could find a way to make it a "local author" thing even though he isn't actually local... But I could probably fake something.

I mean, we're all local. Planetwise. And Hosh, you... you do live on Earth, right?

Well, the publisher is Artistically Declined Press from Phoenix, Oregon. Is in Oregon local enough? Local Publisher?

As for earth -- I vacation there. Most weekends and holidays. For 40 hours each week I'm in another dimension...

I may even have a corporately mandated sign to go with it...

Well well well...we're halfway to a beer commercial then!

But seriously -- that's really awesome of you. If you do get it in the store, you gotta send me a picture of the book on the shelves. I have never seen one of my books in a bookstore!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back