Ananda Osel/Joseph Osel: Article about a emerging genre of poetry. What does everyone think? (1 Viewer)

He's got what he wants, which is attention. This type of net.kook doesn't care if that attention is positive or negative. Though they almost always prefer negative, as it reinforces their delusions of martyrdom. "Look at the way they hate me. Their hate is proof that I am great."

But like others we have seen - and more of the same that we will see in the future - when you actually look, there's nothing there. Trying to point that out or trying to reason with someone so wrapped up in their delusion is pointless. You can say 'black' all day long and all they will hear is 'white.'

Ananda Osel's many conversations with himself sprinkled across the web are initially an entertaining diversion, but ultimately boring. Just another schoolboy Quixote tilting at windmills.

Ambreen - In this case, some Google researching was required to expose the hoax. People who try to sneak their poetry onto the web under fake names deserve to be called out and mocked. It's part of keeping a forum like this as honest as reasonably possible.

Under other circumstances though, I agree with your strategy to either ignore or delete.

[EDIT] Once again, I failed to see there was a Page 2 on this topic and I posted a reply that looks a little silly in its timing and placement. You can't acquire this awkwardness I tell ya' - you gotta be born with it.

Well, we tried just ignoring you,
Ignoring me by answering to my posts about Kate Bush and Beth Ditto ? You lack coherence, my dear "proud lesbian". :)

but that approach obviously didn't work very well because you're still here.
Yes, I'm still here, leaning toward this computer. For your greatest happiness. :)

Seriously, isn't there a Wuthering Heights forum where you could go and be more appreciated?
Why move when I'm already appreciated here ? :)

I like this place but if something disturbs me, I will express myself, no matter if I have you all against me. I'm not the kind of person who shuts up and follows, sorry. In this case, I was struck by the relentlessness and wickedness of some members. Was it really necessary to react like bullies in school playgrounds ?

He's got what he wants, which is attention.
He's won the game. That's tragicomic.

I'm confused - you say it's funny, yet I don't see any animated smileys.
You've probably eaten them but don't remember it because of you know what (that damned Alzheimer...don't worry, I'll keep the secret).

It's part of keeping a forum like this as honest as reasonably possible.
But is keeping the said honesty by resorting to aggression the solution ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ambreen;

We are not bullying this "guy":) We are pointing out his ruse.;) You will notice that we did not discuss the article that he sent us, but discussed the scam that is Ananda Osel. :)

He is trying to use this forum and others to advance his con.:D

We have pointed out the scam and are making sure that anyone that Googles his name sees this forum where he can be exposed.:)

I'm sure a white guy who is brave enough to be the president of the Black Students Association and a guy who is a master ultimate fighter champeen is not being bullied by a bunch of poetry readers.:D

Bill

But you guys were all so mean about it!

I know hard to believe that we would be mean to a person who comes into our house and takes a big shit in the middle of the living room, on our white carpet.

He tried to play us for fools and was called out on it. He treated us with no respect by playing a game.

It is not like we are being mean to anyone who came to us honestly.

Bill

:)

Bill - I love how you had to punch up the shit-on-carpet metaphor by making it a WHITE carpet !

ROFL smilie from 1914 Chandler & Price New Style :

>>>>>> @ ))))))))

Billy Mays can get shit out of a tan carpet, but not white.
Billy Mays is my hero. Now there's a motherfucker who can sell. Artemus Osage - or whatever the kid who started this thread is calling himself these days - could learn a proper pitch from the great Billy Mays.

If you are going to do anagrams, please use his full and proper name: Änanda Selah Ösel

she does la lanana

And what is "la lanana" ? It's what servicemen men pay extra for in the Philippines. Or humiliating acts of self-debasement performed by desperate poets in the U.S.. Same thing - different time zones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ananda and Osel are both Buddist names. Selah is Hebrew.

So I figure there are two Buddists and a Jew at college in Seattle, or wherever, getting high and lamenting that Courtney Love will never go down for killing Kurt.
Outraged, the conceive ASO as a weapon to fight the white/middle-aged/poetry establishment which we all know secretly controls the government and hence the judicial system.

They choose the only one of them with dark hair and eyes, make him over as a black activist and the rest is history. (check out the photo at Korean Times - man he's White!)

I suspect if you track his "poetry", you'll find the same stuff elsewhere attributed to a timid housewife in Akron or a political prisoner in Burma.

Why move when I'm already appreciated here ? :)

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

I like this place but if something disturbs me, I will express myself, no matter if I have you all against me. I'm not the kind of person who shuts up and follows, sorry.

Right, but there's a difference between expressing yourself and insulting us. Don't try to spin this into into some kind of noble effort on your part. If you take a passive-aggressive stab at people when you "express yourself" like you did, you can expect to get a negative reaction. It's a pretty simple concept, really.

Very well-researched Snowball Fight. Well done, indeed. You're quickly moving up the ladder in our Bio/Background/Fake ID Department and will soon be leading our Federal Judicial Nominee Committee ! Long live the white, middle-aged poets. And their ruthless manipulation of public opinion. And comfortable sandals. I'm just saying. Maybe some KEENS.

Those students are doomed because Courtney never will go down. Never.
Well, not in those words exactly but you know what I mean. And so do a lot of limo drivers.

It is as written....

Proletariat Press, publisher of his chapbooks, publishes only the good Mr. Osel, and another guy who is co-editor of his poetry web site, common-line.com (which was apparently run by Richard Wink for a few months at one point).
I edited the Commonline Project for a few months. It didn't really work out. But from my limited dealings with Ananda, well, he seemed like a nice enough chap.

Right, but there's a difference between expressing yourself and insulting us. Don't try to spin this into into some kind of noble effort on your part. If you take a passive-aggressive stab at people when you "express yourself" like you did, you can expect to get a negative reaction. It's a pretty simple concept, really.
Come on, I never insulted any of you.

And no "kind of noble effort" from me, I was just expressing how exasperate I was (and still am) to see war and conflicts everywhere, in real life as on web, between countries, within families, against an aspiring writer, etc., the list is too long.

I regret my long absence. Whenever I'm away from here I miss the good stuff.
Do I have to change my user name? I mean, there seems to be alot of animosity towards the smiley, but Man! I was here first, and I'm so close to 666; a goal I've longed for. Smiles to all, CRBSMILE

Billy Mays is my hero. Now there's a motherfucker who can sell. Artemus Osage - or whatever the kid who started this thread is calling himself these days - could learn a proper pitch from the great Billy Mays.

RIP Billy Mays.

now selling OxiClean to St. Peter to keep the clouds of Heaven their whitest.

If mjp has the power to smite with his thoughts, maybe you could say a nice thing or two about OJ and Sarah Palin....

Bill

OK... into the pool of poetic sharks I go. Since I am the man that Osel described as the Moron Narcissist that everybody made a big deal about I figured I'd weight in.

I only Googled Ananda because I've read some pretty disparaging comments / poems he has written about me in the past months and I wanted to see if there were any more recent insults.

Ananda is one guy, he does fight (or used to) and I really don't know why he portrays himself to be what he is not. In oppose to those of you who have been writing for sometime...Ananda is more of a poet "come lately."

Ironically enough, I believe his motivation for becoming a writer was good. While I am a far cry from a literary poet... I grew up in the harshest of enviornments and my "poems" are something that street-kids, hip-hop artists, and everyday Laymen could relate to I am more of a people's poet...than a poets poet.

I was already drug/ alchohol addicted when I met a wonderful young lady at 17 yrs old. I spend the next 9 yrs destroying her life and stripping her of her trust and self dignity. I was a terribly bad person to her and I have regretted it ever since. Ananda saved her from me, he made her feel loved and protected and even treated my son with care and compassion.

While I think he's out for attention, I truly believe that because of the (local) reputation I had for being a poet... Ananda really felt like he had to try to outdo me.

As I read these posts what started as a feeling of jubilee and vindication soon evaporated into a strange need to defend him... I know that he had a terribly abusive childhood (similar to mine) and yet he still knew how to treat a lady and a child that wasn't his.. that's got to count for something.

You can say whatever you want about his poetry, I'm not here to defend that. But keep in mind that you almost never know someones true motivation and what is being perceived here as "self serving motivation", is actually his way of proving his love to a woman left in pieces

Ananda Osel is a decent human being and a good role model. We don't even really like each other, but you all have taken it very very far.

"You cannot judge how far along one is in this race, without knowing where their starting line began."

There's a term in Ultimate Fighting called "tapping-out" it's when a fighter has had enough for one bout. I've seen enough...Mo Mas.
Next topic.

We don't even really like each other, but you all have taken it very very far.
oh, come on. I'm sure that we did not hurt his feelings. He's a big boy and bared his feelings in his writing. I'm sure a little argument on a forum will not send him to a therapist.

I don't have a problem with him as much as I have a problem with people joining this forum to either promote his work or defend him.

Bill

p.s. Many of us had truly shitty childhoods. I'm not sure why that has anything to do with anything.

...keep in mind that you almost never know someones true motivation and what is being perceived here as "self serving motivation", is actually his way of proving his love to a woman left in pieces
And I should give a shit about his motivation why, exactly?

If you insert yourself into our world here, you get what you get. If you do more self promotion than writing, expect people to call "bullshit." If you lie about who you are, expect someone to counter with the truth.

Osel certainly is a whiney cunt for such a tough guy. I should post his sad, tear-soaked emails here so everyone can see what a pussy the frat-boy-of-steel really is. Every time one of you clowns in his little circle comes here to dredge this up again, it's only going to get worse.

Many of us had truly shitty childhoods.
In that case you have every right to refer to yourself as the "former president of the Black American Student Association," Bill.

And you are also now free to say that you are better than poets who are narcissistic or hype themselves (while narcissistically hyping yourself).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back