BoSP Book by Father Luke (1 Viewer)

bospress.net

www.bospress.net
Hi All,
Bottle of Smoke Press is proud to announce the forthcoming publication of the first book of poetry by Father Luke.

Title: The pages turned into dust
32 pages, poetry. Limited to 100 paper and 10 hardcover copies.

There are two editions of this release:

Paper $5 (plus $2 shipping)
Hardcover $15 (plus $2 shipping)

Please don't send any money now. If interested, please e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll reserve a copy. I expect the hardcover editions to sell out very fast. Because of this, I have to put a limit of one hardback copy per order. I will update this post when the hardcover copies are sold out.

Expect the book to be ready for shipping in about 10 days. I wanted to give the members on this forum the first shot at this book.

Thanks,
Bill

Jesus christ, hardcovers all sold? I never stood a chance. This must be payback for all the eBay auctions I've sniped...

If it's being modest, I would like to say that this will be among the first hard
back books ever put out by Bottle of Smoke Press.

It's rather humbling, and I feel a great honor has been given to me. I would
like to publicly congratulate Bill, and wish him continued success.

You've worked for this, Bill. Congratulations on a hard earned achievement. I
must say that when I found out that you would be publishing me in hardback I
cried.

Thank you very, very much.

- -
Okay,
Father Luke

Make jokes if you will, but it's hard to describe how that first book makes you feel. And for a hardback version to accompany it is very, very unusual for a small press publication.

Look at it this way; Bukowski had eight (or eleven, depending on what you consider a "book") chapbooks/paperbacks published before he got his first hardcover release with Black Sparrow's, At Terror Street and Agony Way.

Congrats Faddah, and I would be lying if I didn't admit that I was a little jealous.

Okay, more than a little jealous. Bastard. ;)

Make jokes if you will, but it's hard to describe how that first book makes you feel. And for a hardback version to accompany it is very, very unusual for a small press publication.

I didn't mean for my comment to come off as mean spirited.
I hope Father Luke didn't take it that way.
I very pleased for him and am honoured to own one of the few hardcovers.
steve.

I was born late. I will take what I can get, even some stapled together misprints. Anyone who reads the threads and links on here will soon find out Father Luke is worth reading. Even if his middle name might be Shannon. That sounds Irish to me.
Congrats on the quick sales.

I didn't mean for my comment to come off as mean spirited.
I hope Father Luke didn't take it that way.

I know Father Luke fairly well.
His suicide note said that...

- -
Okay,
Father Luke

winking0047.gif

When is the book signing? Would the author sign a soft cover? Or success can turn anyone into......-what did Bukowski say??? I still want the book signed or not. Santa Cruz is less than a days drive from Green Acres.

although I'm sure it won't need it, I gave the book and BoSP a plug on my blog thingy. not that many people read it, but you never know...

I may not matter, but I think Father Luke will be a big deal -more than he is now-someday. There is a certain spirit that comes through his words. Yes he may be possessed but it is a powerful thing.

I just recently, in the last two weeks or so, have become a Father Luke fan.

I'm excited about this and I think it's well deserving.

But what do I know?

Damn. And congratulations to both of you (Bill and F.L.).

I want 2 of each.

Can't you produce more Hardcovers? Broadsides?

How about the "uncorrected proof"? Can I have that?

How about a "corrected proof" with all the blue markings and stuff?

Or maybe a "just glanced at proof but not looked at too closely"?

Finally: THE MANUSCRIPT.

That's about it.

There are only 10 official lettered hardcovers. If I have luck with making them, maybe I'll get a few presentation copies. Of course, those will go to Mother Luke first...

Yes, I agree that FL will be a big deal. The paperback copies are selling fast and I have not made an announcement to my regular customers. Please e-mail me at [email protected] if you want any. I can't make any promises once I notify my 300+ people on my mailing list... I'm just sayin.

Bill

This is what happens when you leave the computer for a freaking weekend.
I just asked Bill to put me down for a softcover and second print off the hard cover too.
Who'd a thunk, mannon from Shannon

Book now ready for purchase

Hi All,
The paperback edition of the book will ship in a few days. Anyone interested, please paypal the $5 plus $2 shipping worldwide to me at [email protected]. I can also take checks and cash, but ask that you please let me know asap that you are sending so that I don't receive the money and have to return it if this sells out as fast as I think that it will. The hardcovers take a bit more time and will be ready in about 10 days. and are not only sold out, but I have a waiting list, should anyone back out.

Thanks,
Bill

You always remember your first.

I imagine that you have similar
emotional investments in this, your first hard cover.

Congratulations again, Bill.

- -
me,
father luke

Users who are viewing this thread

Back