BoSP Book by Father Luke (2 Viewers)

bill, will you be letting people know when to pay for the hardcover, or do you want the moulah now?

the book looks great.

Hi,
My website has been updated and it is now very easy to order the Father Luke book. I just sent an e-mail to my full mailing list. To order, please go to www.bospress.net and click on "order". Otherwise, please e-mail me and have me hold a copy for you. The paperback copies are half sold out now. I don't want to seem like I'm nagging, but I have no problem holding copies for anyone interested. Otherwise, I'm afraid that they will sell out very shortly. I just want to make sure that everyone that is interested on this forum gets a chance....

Best,
Bill

You know i just got into Father Luke in the last month or so and I almost always check out his poems now on his myspace that he posts pretty regulary and I'm just glad a good guy is getting published and this is just a wonderful thing indeed.

This is what Bukowski was all about.

This is all about what this forum is about.

Father Luke is a great man. He's for real and at the risk of 'chirping' I say more power to him.

I must be behind the curve. I didn't even see this thread until today, when I got the email on the softcover. Too damned busy, I guess. Congrats, Father Luke. The first hardcover BOSP is a huge thing (well, not physically, I imagine. It's probably small or normal sized at best, but symbolically...)

And congrats to Bill on his first hardcover. Post photos please.

Little Debbie Snack Cake

Thanks David.

You may not have caught it earlier in the thread, but I'm very happy
for Bill and Bottle of Smoke Press.

For all my adoring fans, listen up:

Debbie Kirk is going to be on the radio.
She's kidnapped my family and emailed me pictures of them being tortured,
and she said I'm supposed to be on the radio with her to prevent any further harm.

Sounds like a fun time.

We'll be on in a week. Here is the link:

Debbie Kirk and Father Luke on the radio

If Little Debbie Snack Cake reads this poast, maybe she will remember to give
my poor mother some water.

You all can phone in to the show and participate.

- -
Okay,
Father Luke

Either one of you would be plenty -- together is unimaginable. Hope it's one of those podcasts you can hear later, in case I'm busy at the time working on my daughter's 1987 LeBaron or building a Lego village for my grandson.

Yeah, you can hear the podcast later. Of course to be able to
call in and participate you have to be listening. . .

Which leads me to Ponder:

As I understand it, the time is set from your 'puter, so whatever
time you see listed is accurate.

This ought to be an adventure, eh?

World peace and Spiritual healing and she's holding your mother hostage. Oh this is going to be entertaining for sure. Thank God you quit drinking.

That's right! Continental Europe is one hour ahead of the UK.

I'll be looking forward to listening to you FL! - First you publish a hard cover book and now you're appearing on radio too! What's next - a book contract with Ecco? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I was refering to this: Well-respected David R. Godine Publishers in Boston bought rights to publish most other Black Sparrow titles and hauled away 66,000 copies of books.

I thought they publish new titles...

J. Martin started BS when he was around 36-37...Bill's age.

I am very curious how the very first BOSP Hardcover (The pages turned to dust) looks. Any chance putting a few other scans of the HC version here?
Unfortunately I was too late to order that one.

Bill, are you planning to publish more Hardcovers in the near future?
The Krumhansl book?

Hi,
I'll post more photos shortly. I'm just waiting to finish up the production of the hardcovers. I should have the signed pages in my hands by Tuesday, so I expect to ship them on Wednesday. Also, the paperback copies have shipped and those should be arriving today for those in the US and in a couple days for those outside the US.

I do plan on releasing a hardcover edition with every release from this point on. The limitation will vary, but can say that the next book by BoSP will by one by Hosho McCreesh. That will have 100 paperback and 26 hardback copies. The hardback copies will have a cloth cover that is hand painted in acrylic by Hosho.

So, yes, hardbacks are here to stay for me. They are too much fun to make and I am far too happy with the results to not continue....

For the record, this next release of Bottle (#6) will also have a hardback edition....

Bill

That's wonderful news, Bill!

Can I sign up for the hardcover copy of Hosho? I read a few of her/his poems, I like them.

Hi,
You you can sign up for a hardback Hosho book! The best thing to do for anyone that is interested, is to e-mail me at [email protected]. I keep an e-mail file for advance orders and those that have e-mailed me always get first shot. This helps when something like the Hardback Krumhansl or the Hardback Bottle #6, which may sell out fast... Father Luke sold out his hardbacks in well under an hour...

Bill

p.s. Hosho is a guy.

The hardback for bottle #6 is $150. That is signed by all living contributors. No idea on the hardback Krumhansl. Aaron mentioned the idea of a clamshell box, so it could be an extravagant production...

Bill

Hi,
For those of you that have a reserved HB copy, it is now close enough to the release that you can pay, if you like. The price is $15 + $2 shipping worldwide. I expect to have the pages in a few days and the books will go out the day after I receive the signed pages. I'll try to IM everyone involved. Paypal to [email protected] works fine.

Also, Anyone interested in a paperback copy? I have only about 15 left. Once they are gone, they are gone....

Thanks,
Bill

10??? Okay Bill, fess up: Father Luke bought 85 of those 90 copies, just to make himself look like the hottest thing since my daughter's Lebaron on it's third day without oil. It's a set up. We've all been had. Just kidding. FL rules.

I think the quick sales are a testament to the skills of both Father Luke and Bill Roberts. It's hard to sell 100 copies of anything with only word of mouth advertising. But people will always recognize quality. So my virtual hat is off to both of them.

Father Luke, do you have a Myspace profile then? Where can I find a sample of your poetry? Thanks.
And congrats on the book from BoSP.

10??? Okay Bill, fess up: Father Luke bought 85 of those 90 copies, just to make himself look like the hottest thing since my daughter's Lebaron on it's third day without oil. It's a set up. We've all been had. Just kidding. FL rules.

Truth be told Father Luke was given 10 copies and just asked for 5 more. The book was announced here first, then it was put in the GPP store and finally I sent an e-mail to my mailing list. That was all it took. The quick sales were nice and I was not expecting them to sell out THAT fast. Had I known, I'd of printed at least another 16 hardcovers and maybe another 50 paper copies!

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back