BoSP Book by Father Luke

Sorry.
I just got back from work.

But as long as you're at it,
would someone mind peeling some grapes for me?

Thanx.

- -
Okay,
Father Luke

Hi,
I an not sure yet. Maybe, but probably not in hardback. Truth be told, I have never done a proper secnd printing of any book. This is not because of sales, but because I always figured that copies were out there (On places like ABE) for those interested and I would rather devote the same energies to putting out another book.

(Shameless plus alert)

I can tell you that I have two new books coming out by two different authors. Each of those books will have a hardback edition. One will have a painting tipped in (a short story by Soheyl Dahi) and the other will have a hand painted cover on cloth (by Hosho McCreesh. I already have orders on those and they are not being bound yet, so anyone interested, please e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll put it in the file so that you are notified first.

(end of shameless plug).

Thanks!

Bill

p.s. for anyone interested, it was me that marked the shameless plugs and not done as an edit by the moderators.

p.p.s. The hardcover copies of Father Likes books are packed and ready to go out in tomorrow's mail!

I can tell you that I have two new books coming out by two different authors. Each of those books will have a hardback edition.

I'm all over those new Books! Yeah!

To Purple Stickpin: I'm hoping to sell out. I'm kind of proud of
the work Bill put into this, so I'd like to let it be a white hot
burning light, baby.

And when it's gone, only the shadows will remain for just a bit.

Then . . .

- -
Okay,
Father Luke

I'm hoping to sell out. I'm kind of proud of
the work Bill put into this, so I'd like to let it be a white hot
burning light, baby.
You're already white hot, kid. It took me almost 10 years to sell all the copies of my first book. Ha ha. You're going to beat that by 9 years, 11 months and a few days.

Congratulations, it really is quite a thing, quite a thing.

To Purple Stickpin: I'm hoping to sell out. I'm kind of proud of the work Bill put into this, so I'd like to let it be a white hot burning light, baby.

And when it's gone, only the shadows will remain for just a bit.

Then . . .

- -
Okay,
Father Luke

Well, I may have missed out, but mucho congrats for such success in your first publication, FL.

And from what I own of Bill's, I'm sure it's a very nice presentation.

Hey Father Luke, congrats on the book!. I should not stay away from the board so goddamn long...

Already the volumes are fetching exorbitant prices on the black market...supposedly there is a man, a very evil man, who works the Reeperbahn in the late evenings, who for a very dear price, can secure you a copy...

And that shit in Serbia?, that ain't got nothing to do with Kosovo, hell, those folks aren't fired up about Kosovo, word has it that the U.S. Ambassador had a first edition...signed in blood!!

Pete The Dog shall live for a thousand years!

got my hardcover in the mail today.

Bill- beautiful work. you should be very proud.

as for the words, I already know I'll like them.

Tierra del Fuego gets mail before I do in this remote part of California. In this little podunk town my mail carrier is probably reading my copy right now. He called in sick just to piss off the soup. There's going to be wine stains on my copy I just know it. I guess that's better than having him shoot the place up.

It was a hell of a lot of fun to produce. The words seemed important enough for all of the work in producing these. If only I made more....

I just did a book by Soheyl Dahi. It was a short story, and had 26 hardcovers. They sold out in 12 hours and I made the announcement at 2:30 AM east coast time on Saturday, so there really were very few hours to be awake and get one. A friend mentioned to me that I need to raise the price if they are selling out this quickly. NEVER. My goal is to get these in the hands of people that will enjoy them and not store them in my attic because I need more money for them...

My next book will be by Hosho McCresh. That has 26 hardcovers with a hand painted sun on the covers. Advance orders may sell that one out before I even start binding it...

Bill

Hi Bill,

I've ordered the Soheyl Dahi hardcover (and paid) last weekend. I've sent you an email with a couple of questions, just checked...no reply yet.

Ponder

Bill,

Don't raise your price, just make more hardcover copies. Maybe take on some extra help, pay them slave wages, lock them in a room with no heat, beat them if they're slow and threaten to report them to imigration of they get surly. You could crank out those hardcovers for $10 a copy. Then go global, set up a factory in a foreign country, get the price down to $8. Sell thousands. Think big.

Got my order in for the Dahi. Hope I get on the list for the Hosho. Sold out in 12 hours. That doesn't give us time to even wake up before they're almost gone.

Got my order in for the Dahi. Hope I get on the list for the Hosho. Sold out in 12 hours. That doesn't give us time to even wake up before they're almost gone.

David,
Yep, you are on the Hosho list.

I wanted to be fair to those outside the US also, and figured that at 2:30am, I could catch the west coast folks before they wernt to bed, and could get all of Europe. Had I announced in on a Monday at 9:00 am, they would have been gone before anyone in Europe even saw them.

Yeah, 26 hardcovers will be standard from now on. If there is ever a time where I have more advance orders than that (or close to that number), then I'll start upping the numbers of copies.

Bill

I just want to say Thank You to Father Luke and Bill, The book is really beautiful.
The words are beautifully written and presented.
This is a treasure. Thank you both. It really is special.
Congratulations on your firsts.

There are a few printers, and authors here.
Having joined their ranks has been an honor.

And it has been a privilege having my words in print before your
eyes. Thank you for reading. It's the greatest gift you might ever
offer to me.

- -
Okay,
Father Luke

Yes, It's a beautiful book with beautiful poems! I enjoyed them very much! I'm looking forward to Father Luke's next BOSP book...

Last edited by a moderator:
OK I need to apologize for whining about the U.S. mail and not having my book yet. I am sorry, it came today.
I am happy, I only had time to peruse it slightly. The poem holes in the shadows made me laugh out loud. I needed that. My thanks to Father Luke for your words properly arranged and to Bill Roberts for the fine craftsmanship and good service.

I don't know about any of you, but I like Father Lukes book. I've read it three times and some of the poems more. I read some to my wife tonite, she doesn't care for the f word in poems, but it's pretty hard to describe what happen to his old girlfriends if he doesn't use that word. I'm going to make believe it matters just one more day.

Bill, I ordered one PB copy two days ago from your page (it was still available when i order it). Hope that you get my payment and everything is ok because i want read it soon ;)

I don't know about any of you, but I like Father Lukes book. I've read it three times and some of the poems more.
I find with poetry you definitely have to read it more than once, sometimes a lot more than once.

I will admit that years ago I really didn't "get" Bukowski's earlier poetry until I had the chance to read some of those books three or four times. They unravel like mummies, and they are full of pure artistry.

And I concur with you about Father Luke's book. That would be a strong book if you told me it was the author's 4th or 5th book - but as a first collection -- really impressive.

mjp: I love Bukowski's early poetry. It's got that classic academic wordplay thing going on, but instead of being stuffy and dead, it's alive with snakes and subversive as hell, while remaining polished, reserved, highbrow. The guy could write.

Got copies of both padre & Soheyl's book in the mail yesterday--terrific stuff. I really enjoyed them both.

Padre--you continue to surpise me & I'm glad to have a copy of PAGES.

& Bill is a MONSTER...his books are simply gorgeous.

Cheers ! Bill And Fl

Now this is just amazing!

I got my beautiful book in the mail today. My postman walked up 4 flights of stairs to hand it to me.

Bill, you got all my respect, your book is a little piece of art. It is done with taste and love.Thank you.

FL, I savoured the printed words and had to smile at your modesty.
Reading (my favorite poems), you saying " I just laugh and laugh and laugh ". I thought that we get to see the flip side of laughter more than enough. Thank you.

Great experience to be here!

I just received my copy in the mail yesterday-thanks Bill
Fl there are some great and creative pieces in this book. I haven't finished it yet but the holes in the shadows made me laugh out loud which isn't a great thing to do while driving.
But for my money your true talent shines in the title derelict in his duties-a great pun and better poem. There are so many AHA moments within your writing- thank you for helping me appreciate my day (grabbed my face)
more by reading about yours.

People like to multitask...look at art on the car navigation screen, shave with a plastic razor while jogging....you know, that kind of thing. Reading poetry while driving is just the tip of the iceberg.

I wish I was kidding, but I wanted to get into it as soon as I picked it up and had things to do places to go. You think I'd had learned after sliding the front of my car along a highway gaurd rail on the opposite side of where I began after trying to text my daughter-reading poetry while driving hardly seemed out of character. It only takes a second to look up. In my defence I do not listen to music while jogging-thats dangerous-you need to know when there's a car coming and who knows what that guy is doing behind the wheel.

There was a brief, early mention in this here thread ...so I hope a quick update isn't too out of line...

For anyone interested or who was waiting, Bill & BoSP's latest (humbly featuring my work) was officially launched this week and is now available. It is, as expected, another gorgeously letter-pressed & hand-made affair. The hardbacks are gone, & about 1/2 the paperbacks are already gone...they have a 1/2 black cover over a full yellow cover, with the sun graphic Bill mentioned stamped in a "searing" red. Now, I don't know about the poems, but the book-making is damn fine!

Check out Bill's website or PM if interested. If not interested--please feel free to point me to an appropriate pile of sand so I can get to packing it...

Hi,
I just wanted to announce that the Father Luke book is completely sold out. Hardbacks sold out in an hour or two. The paperbacks took a little while longer, but I am out!

Those that know the small press know that it is no small victory in selling out 110 copies of any book. This is a testament to this group and, of course, to the writing of Father Luke. He joins other fine folks like Gerry Locklin, Charles Bukowski, David Barker, A.D. Winans, justin.barrett, t.l. kryss, S.A. Griffin, Christopher Cunningham, Soheyl Dahi and others. All of the above had books published by BoSP that are now sold out.

Thank you,
Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back