Buk Trivia... Answerer becomes next Questioner (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoom man

Founding member
Who did Buk receive a letter from on August 22, 1965,
That later became republished as a Holiday Greeting from....?

damn that's a really hard one.

since i thought of the thread...i should get to ask the first question.
thread idea stealer...lol

okay here we go...

lets start out with an easy one just to get things going...
what was the name of Hanks dog in Post Office that didn't mind getting eaten alive by flies?

zoom man said:
Who did Buk receive a letter from on August 22, 1965,
That later became republished as a Holiday Greeting from....?

Are you referring to the letter from Henry Miller that Table Talk Press issued in 1987 as a holiday greeting titled DEAR FRIEND: A LETTER FROM HENRY MILLER?

Picasso!
(HaHaHa)
Ok,
I've got a good one....,
Oh!, I know,
How about my original question!
(Good try Henry :>)

HenryChinaski said:
damn that's a really hard one.

since i thought of the thread...i should get to ask the first question.
thread idea stealer...lol

okay here we go...

lets start out with an easy one just to get things going...
what was the name of Hanks dog in Post Office that didn't mind getting eaten alive by flies?

Is it Picasso?

That's it Jason, your turn to stump us....
(Christ, now I'll never get off this bloody thing!)

City Lights Books' first book of Bukowski's work was published two years after its US release under what title in the UK?

Notes... was the second book from City Lights, Fuck Machine was the German edition of the first book from City Lights.

I believe, zoom man, [and I hope my pathetic attempts at incomprehensible, non-existent, and just plain dumb humor is not too off-putting, but] you don?t really mean ?residential scholars? as that would imply that they a experts in the field of housing as in: Of or relating to or connected with residence; Used or designed for residence or limited to residences ?a residential hotel"; "a residential quarter"; "a residential college."

Rather my assumption it that you were going for ?resident scholars?: Someone who lives at a particular place for a prolonged period (this being, Bukowski.net) or who was born there (which I?m almost sure no one was; although, the daughter of cirerita could be the closest anyone would come to such a designation).

It was too good a straight-line for me to ignore; and I went for it like a fish to battery acid; a duck to donuts; a seal to sealant (OK, I?ll quit this shit and get back to work). Good idea for a thread, by the way.

SD

Well, God Bless you Sam,... I knew someone would get me for that. Give yourself a point!
(In that game we're playing, what's the name of the game.... egads, at this point, I'm too afraid to guess)
Your turn to bet

SamDusky said:
Someone who lives at a particular place for a prolonged period (this being, Bukowski.net) or who was born there (which I?m almost sure no one was; although, the daughter of cirerita could be the closest anyone would come to such a designation).
cirerita! Your daughter is the first resident of the sovereign state of bukowski.net.

I'll get her passport into the mail ASAP.

mjp said:
cirerita! Your daughter is the first resident of the sovereign state of bukowski.net.

I'll get her passport into the mail ASAP.

oh, my! she's hasn't even turned 3 months and she's getting a passport for being the closest "thing" to a resident[ial] scholar. she sure will hate Bukowski and us all freaks :D

Her fate has been cast; she will become a Bukowskian scholar! (Will you teach her English by having her read Roominghouse Madrigals?)

SD

nymark said:
I reckon it's Life and Death in the Charity Ward.

Yes, you're right. Great cover photo on that one, by the way. Any idea where it was taken?

WHOA WHOA WHOA...come on now...this isnt really a discussion thread. it's more of a game. DON'T BREAK THE CHAIN.

lets see how long we can go without getting off course

Ok,
I say if the person who guesses correctly doesn't post a new question within 24 hours,
They forfeit their chance
And whoever spots the time lapse
Gets to post the next question...

So let the game continue!
Whoever sees this first->
Riddle us this, Riddle us that,
And

Give us a good puzzler...

cirerita said:
it seems fair to me.

ok, piece of cake:

how many times did B get married?

I think twice -- Barbara Fry and Linda B. He never married Marina's mother, even though she was occasionally referred to as his wife.

I think thats what they're getting at: fbi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back