New Chance Press Book by Abel Debritto (2 Viewers)

once it's out there, people should feel free to respond here, in a review, in their blog, or wherever... that's part of publishing. the risk inherent in publishing is that once we send books through the mail, nothing in them will ever be unwritten.

i'm mulling some ideas on how to turn this very, very, very, very small negative into a disproportionately large positive. we'll see what happens...

there's a typo in 'a common thread,' the covers for the first serafini edition were messed up, the laser-print ink didn't take to the paper in the hines book as well as we'd hoped, and i just revised and put out a 2nd edition of the serafini book one week before i found out about a new book he published last november that should have been included. (notice the absence of mjp's book in this list, since that one went off without a hitch.) the little errors stacked up on top of each other make us a small press rather than a fine press, and i'm "fine" with that (haha).

i mean, for fuck's sake the venerable black sparrow press published a book with a TYPO ON THE COVER!!!

the typos in 'a common thread' still kill me. we read over that anthology dozens of times, both of us, before printing and yet they were still missed.

hold up. my ink didn't take? what is this, fucking amateur hour? I eat publishers like you for breakfast! I shit better ink than you could EVER print! you call that a saxophone section!?!

apologies to Buddy Rich...

heh, just kidding. very few people notice the things you're worried about. my ink takes just fine. it's put onto paper and published and sent out to people that aren't my relatives.

Ok, let me get cocky and conceited this time around: I'll give you $5 for each similar "flaw" you find in the text -besides the one PS pointed out. As B. said: "get rich, babe!" :D

Got mine yesterday, and have managed to find the time to read about half. All I can say is that I want more. I'm envisioning a 30 volume set. all lined up nicely on the book shelve. :rolleyes: eh? oh, and the color matches my decor. Love it, Great job. all of you.

mine arrived today.
beautiful.
I hesitate to read it, because I fear it could get even the slightest damage.
could you post a PDF for a cheap printout to actually read it?

Got mine!

It's a lovely thing all 'round. Even my wife showed an interest in the various papers and layout. And she doesn't care for books much.

Whoever did the lettering on the limitation page must have used an electron microscope.

Finally got around to ordering my copy of this (and my first Chance Press item) today... can't wait to find it a comfy place on my shelf.

I just read it, and it's very nicely done, Abel. The depth of your research is amazing. How on earth do you keep all those details straight mentally? I know you have binders, but still...incredible.

Abel: a couple times in the book you mention some newly discovered early letters. Can you give us any details on that find? Who found them, where, letters to who (or is it whom?), date range, etc. Or would that be a spoiler for the forthcoming Thesis Complete Edition?

Abel: a couple times in the book you mention some newly discovered early letters. Can you give us any details on that find? Who found them, where, letters to who (or is it whom?), date range, etc. Or would that be a spoiler for the forthcoming Thesis Complete Edition?

I guess I said that in the impersonal mode or in the passive voice or something. I'll have to fix that when I finish revising the thesis for book publication. Thanks for the tip.

Oh, you found them. It sounded like bundle of letters a wino stumbled across in an alley in New Orleans or whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back