New forum: the airing of the grievances (2 Viewers)

From another thread...

(insert link button aint workin...)

Erik, you have to type or paste some text first, then select / highlight the text you want to convert to a link. The insert link button becomes available then.

insert_link.png

That, by the way, is the standard way that TinyMCE works, and that's what most WYSIWYG editors use now. So it might be a little different from the old way, but it should be familiar from other online text entry forms.

And like a private message you can include more than one person. But it's better than the old PM because you don't have to remember to reply to all, it's just a thread that everyone invited to the "conversation" can see.

After a week of the "like" feature I'm not so sure I like it. Perhaps the problem I've with it is it's to cliquish in nature. Post A from Mr. Splake: dirt + water = mud - God damn that's brilliant......like. Post B from whomever: mud - water = dirt. Nothing. Of course I could be over dramatizing. I just read some T. Williams so please forgive me.

After a week of the "like" feature I'm not so sure I like it. Perhaps the problem I've with it is it's to cliquish in nature.
It can be, of course.

But after using it for three or four months on another forum, I can tell you that I don't use it that way, and I don't see most people using it that way. It becomes an interesting tool after you get used to it. It's for ideas that you support, regardless of who posts them. I've used it many times to acknowledge good ideas from people who I otherwise consider to be unpleasant idiots. People I wouldn't normally respond to ("Hey that's a good idea, you irritating creep.").

Also, if someone says, say in a thread like this one, "Man, I really want the message background to be pink!" and 75 people "like" that, then I have to give that opinion much more weight.

Ya dig?

what about a black background,with white letters?has that ever been discussed or is it available with the new software?Saw it again on another college radio forum thats always changing.
(Dang,i bet i sound like a newbe every time i post.But i agree with mjp,actually and I am a newbe on face book and the "like"feature seems to be a useful tool.)

what about a black background,with white letters?has that ever been discussed or is it available with the new software?Saw it again on another college radio forum thats always changing.
(Dang,i bet i sound like a newbe every time i post.But i agree with mjp,actually and I am a newbe on face book and the "like"feature seems to be a useful tool.)
This reminds me, we need a, "HATE IT" feature.

haven't put my 2 cents in on the new forum, but i'm really digging it so far. kudos to mjp and the rest of the administration on a job well done!
i like the "like" button. i also lke the little green tab on the right that says "new"...i've had no problems so far. so again, excellent job fellas!

IS a thumbs down option possible with this software?.I ask b/c I saw people wanting that on facebook pages as well . I Guess it's the fast easy way to hate,or disagree these days:mad:

nothing odd about his arousing.

that makes sense, right? I mean grammatically? I'm all thrown off because I lost the vote for King of Kensington tonight. nothing makes sense anymore.

anyway, I not giving back the crown. they'll have to pry it out of my cold, drunk hands. which is ironic, because that's how I got the crown in the first place.

Tweak needed: when surfing from my iPhone using Opera, I have to scroll down to the bottom, after logging on, to get to the NEW POSTS button.
Why is that?

Because telephones are for making telephone calls? Just a guess. ;)

I have no idea about the mobile compatibility - it's not something I can really test myself, so it's hard to fix anything that might not work (if it even can be fixed without messing up the normal view).

Phones, wrist radios, GPS units - it's hard enough to get this shit to work on a computer!

Phones, wrist radios, GPS units - it's hard enough to get this shit to work on a computer
Works fine on my iPhone, apart from the afore mentioned mention.
Maybe that can lift your spirit for a nanosecond...
;-)

I just noticed that PM replies no longer pop up in the middle of the screen when logging in the forums. That's OK, though. The discreet little red flags in the upper right are just fine. (Same for "LIKE" notifications.)

It does make it easy to miss, though and I don;t think that it e-mails you either, so you would need to check for messages. At least I do not remember getting an e-mail the last time that i got a message.

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back