New forum: the airing of the grievances (1 Viewer)

received, in my spam folder...
I too get some messages - and especially those that tell me, there's a 'conversation' for me - in the SPAM-folder. I do check that one anyway from time to time, but maybe there's a way to make these messages not 'look' like spam to the systems?

By the way:
I've gotten pretty used to the new forum-system now!
Beside some minor issues, it works fine for me.
Only thing that's really a bitch is, that the small light-grey-letters (telling about dates of posts) are really hard to read for me. But I can live with that.

So,
no complaints from my side anymore on the new system (for the moment).
Thanks mjp [!] and Everybody who added their comments to help improve this thing.

roni, i think if you add the email address that the notifications come from to your address book, they should arrive in your inbox, rather than going to the spam folder.

I have darkened all the light grey text that was bothering some folks.

Also you may notice there's more info under your avatar. It creates some dead space in a lot of posts, but I suppose it's good to have those things there as a frame of reference. Maybe we don't need "Likes"? I dunno.

There was an upgrade earlier today, but it's mostly changes in behind-the-scenes stuff.

Almost 2 years later, does anyone remember what they liked about the old forum more than the (once) new one?

I can't remember what the old one looked like...

when a thread gets locked, why can't it just say at the bottom that the thread is locked? why does it have to tell me that i have "insufficient privileges to post here," and make me feel bad about myself in the process?

when a thread gets locked, why can't it just say at the bottom that the thread is locked? why does it have to tell me that i have "insufficient privileges to post here," and make me feel bad about myself in the process?
That's funny, because originally it did say that the thread was locked, but then I thought it would be funny to make you feel bad about yourself somehow, and I wondered, what's the best way to do that? That's when I came up with "insufficient privileges," and I was like, bingo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back