Shits and Giggles (3 Viewers)

I spent the better part of a day standing next to him on the Wayne's World II set (well, between him and Steven Tyler) and he was just as funny when he was not "on," when he was just hanging around waiting for things to happen.

He and Tyler were trading insults all day. They started out kind of tame, but after a while they escalated and just became vile descriptions of acts of bestiality and necrophilia and what they were going to do to each other's dead mothers and pets. It may have been the funniest thing I've ever seen. It went on for hours.

I know it doesn't sound funny. You'll have to trust me.

there's a recent doc on him - i am chris farley - that's worth watching just for the clips of him performing.

yet another poor soul who grew up with a toxic parent.

a recipe for great art and self-destruction...

Not sure if this is true, sad, satire, funny, reactionary and/or stupid. Probably a bit of each. In either case, it's very well produced.

What do you think?

Not sure either! but over the last few years the attempts to stamp out "offense causing" behavior - feels more like a hijacking of being human and imperfect. From the outside it looks like universities have become gagging places rather than places to challenge and dissent. Ages ago there was a newspaper article about a male student who at an Enthusiatic Consent class that males are "encouraged" to attend, he asked a female student to define enthusiastic consent, a few days later, he was summoned to a lecturer's office and told to tone it down, that 2 female students had felt "unsafe" by his questions and he either fell in with the class objectives or would risk his position at the university.
How worrying is that. Hopefully it isn't as bleak as it feels.Otherwise we are in for a very safe but dreary future.

That Monkey doesn't fuck around. A Wolverine Style scream might have been more effective than a couple of weak shouts and a sandal;

Or he could have given that bike a good old rev and scared the little fella shitless. I hope the monkey is okay.

He and Tyler were trading insults all day.
Happen to be going through some old negatives and found this picture I took that day. Apropos, methinks.

tyler.jpg

40 years ago I did this thing with these guys. Today someone posted it on Facebook, because Facebook never forgets!

I put it here in shits and giggles to preemptively mock myself before one of you can do it. See how that works? It's important to keep the upper hand at all times. But for the 16 year old me, this was pretty much the pinnacle of awesomeness, no matter how corny it may seem now. Rock on, bitches!

40 years ago I did this thing with these guys.
Nice picture, and who are you?
At the age of 16 you are not responsible for your actions. Nobody is. Adolescence, hormones, strange things are going on in your brain. I've been unsuccessfully trying to forget what I was doing when I was sixteen. The pic above painfully reminds me of something: I labeled the name of a band on my satchel. Yeah, the name was KISS. One of the names.
I'm not willing to remember the rest.

Well, if you wrote KISS on your bag, then I don't have to tell you who Ace and Gene are. I'm the one standing between them, wearing a leather jacket and a surly expression. And giant satin bellbottoms. Which I thought went well with the bomber jacket at the time, but I know now that a cropped jacket would have been prettier, and made my legs look longer. Win/win.

I don't exactly remain a KISS fan today, but I have no regrets about being one then. I think any rock and roll obsessed 14 year old would have had the same reaction as I did to Hotter Than Hell when it showed up in the bins. How could you not love that? It was the work of the devil all the way, which was exactly what I was in search of.

40 years ago I did this thing with these guys. Today someone posted it on Facebook, because Facebook never forgets!

I put it here in shits and giggles to preemptively mock myself before one of you can do it. See how that works? It's important to keep the upper hand at all times. But for the 16 year old me, this was pretty much the pinnacle of awesomeness, no matter how corny it may seem now. Rock on, bitches!

This is fucking awesome.

I put it here in shits and giggles to preemptively mock myself before one of you can do it.

that's great! not mockable at all. such a great time capsule of that era. the quality of the photo alone is so retro and cool. not to mention the clothes and mandatory "feathered" centerparted hair. every single person i knew - if they were cool - looked like that.

maybe cause i was going to all those shows at the same time. we used to draw cartoons of the bands on bedsheets and wait by the backstage door and try to meet them and get autographs. there's a photo somewhere of us backstage with rick nielson from that same time.

loved that!

that's hilarious! talk about low-tech DIY.

i wonder which dude has dibs on it going in their "Kiss Kasket" with them...

i think our bedsheet posters actually do still exist somewhere in my friends moms musty basement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back