Shits and Giggles (3 Viewers)

Ronald McDonald is somehow different in Japan. I just can't put my finger on exactly how though...

Hmm, could be.

I think he's lost a little weight too. Must have stopped eating his own product.

There is something different about the English Ronald as well.

ronald-bitch-slaps.jpg

Barack Obama yesterday looking sexy and gettin' tough on climate change (if he's allowed):
Barack Obama@BarackObama
19h
"We don't have time for a meeting of the Flat Earth Society." —President Obama on those who continue to deny the science on #climate change
Barack Obama@BarackObama
20h
We need to come together to #ActOnClimate: "75% of all wind energy in this country is generated in Republican districts." —President Obama
Too, too true Mr President, in sooo many ways!! please say I'm not the only laughing when I read that sentence, I wonder if it was a very cunning speech writer going for a laugh.
Speaking of laughing, I am inconsolable with bereftness-ness, my man Jon Stewart is away all Summer long, I think the Everley Brothers did a song about it. Haste ye back Jon xxx

More Chinese concrete poetry. You know you can get some beautiful stuff when you feed Mandarin book summaries into a computerised translator. Enjoy this example from "Chinese Dynasty Jokes 3" (I advise you to find the first 2 volumes before approaching this)....

Contents: Preface 1. Thanks to the felt hat to 2 Buddhist goddess Guanyin 3. No downward long tree branches for the wind drugs 5. Bought slaves 6. Cook bed seats. Suspect surnamed 8. Zhen women at home adultery and Qin Hui beam repair sun of the 11. Xia Shuichuan 12 eating puffer fish 13 strange you do not see a visitor yesterday 14 First laundry 15. Song the poem by the Song 16. literal-minded public hope thief 17. penalty eat pork 18. literal-minded public medical service dog eye 19 hair for sugar 20 as long as a 21. originals did not move 22 Yigai tomorrow 23 how do you know? 24. Fool refused Pirates 25. Reluctant son 26. Wipe the knife-edge 27 milk in the stomach 28. Third floor first cover 29. Kind of cook til 30. Revive 31 Why surname million 32. Introduction Jane meaning that 33 on which month to go? 34. Took office asked Example 35 money and live 36 the Antiquities and 37. Zhang Cormorant 38 for the time being on the boots 39 and sentenced coffin 40. Steal shoe Cishi 41. Trial Jing 42 I see the classic confused 43. local gods. please do not come to 44. dip drink 45. lotus as big as a boat 46 by lamp 47. saws glasses 48 reward almanac 49 Do not let others see your face up of bones 51. Hasty soup 52 I really 's does not know the word 53 is also inaudible 54. quack godson 55. worried intestines laugh off 56. target God help out 57. joke a load of 58. died a thousand 59. the tigers temporary transit 60 odor before to 61-phase method not allowed 62. the cowherd stomach 63. the potlatch 64. the mountain ash mosquito liver 65. dreamed of Confucius .

Have been enjoying Playhouse Presents: Psycho Bitches on Sky Arts (not sure if it's just in the UK) a few of the clips are on Youtube but unfortunately not the whole episodes yet. Her's a few clips (it's set in a psychiatrist's office as historical female patients come in for a session).

Really, really bad job interviews.
Watched The Departed again ( love it) last night, it's got to have one of the most offensive job interviews ever as Billy Costigan gets roasted, the clip had been cut so not quite true. The second clip takes it to the ridiculous.

Really, really bad job interviews.
Watched The Departed again ( love it) last night, it's got to have one of the most offensive job interviews ever as Billy Costigan gets roasted, the clip had been cut so not quite true. The second clip takes it to the ridiculous.
Possibly a daft question but I take it you've seen the original version of The Departed, i.e. the Hong Kong film that The Departed was a remake of. If you haven't seen it you should because it's superb. I liked the remake but it lacks the style of the original for me. It's the first part of a trilogy, all of which are well worth checking out.

I keep meaning to Bruno, I think we have talked about this before in another thread, I will check out Netflix and see if it's there, what worries me though is you're going to be right about the original being better, is it called Infernal Affairs? but I do love The Departed. I am always, always, devastated by what happens ( don't want to say what in case someone hasn't seen it.)

"Jump the Shark" is soooo 2000. I have recently learned from Hosho that this is now called "getting hit in the face with a goose"

Do a google search under "Fabio face goose"....

...and in case you were wondering... this is the kind if thing that we were talking about while spending 18 hours a day binding books.... Hilarity.

Last edited:
My fiancee and I at our first meeting. We were younger then but kept that spark through the years.

Please enjoy our personal home movies.

[This video is unavailable.]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back