The Kinks: Now this is funny (1 Viewer)

One of rock & roll's oldest sibling rivalries doesn't seem to be dying down with age. Last month Ray Davies said the Kinks "” who broke up in 1996 "” might be getting back together. "I think Dave's getting better and Mick's still playing," Ray said. "It would be great to get back together just to see what musical ideas we had and what would happen." Kinks fans were understandably excited by this prospect, but not so fast: Guitarist Dave Davies "” who suffered a stroke in 2004 "” didn't seem quite so into the idea, according to this post on his Web site from November. "It would be like a poor remake of "Night of the Living Dead,' " Dave wrote about a possible reunion. "Ray has been doing Karaoke Kinks shows since 1996."

Davies went on to impugn Ray's songwriting talents one more time: "I wrote a song called "Where Pigs Fly,' Ray wrote ten songs out of it," wrote Dave, "One of them was "Hatred,' one was "Lola' and the other eight were "You Really Got Me.

Last edited by a moderator:
The first LP I bought for my new stereo record player was the Kinks. In the 60s I thought I was so cool. They really got me.
Thnx Jimmy Snerp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back