Top 10 TV Series Of All Time (1 Viewer)

I've just finished watching The Wire for the second time (my partner hadn't seen it before) and I've just started watching Spiral which is meant to be a sort of French version of The Wire. I've only watched a couple of episodes but it's absolutely excellent and I'm hooked already. Be warned though, it's dark.

Have I got news for you.
Through the keyhole.
Yes, Minister.
Downtown Abbey.
It ain't 'alf hot, mum.
Blind Date.
Surprise. Surprise.
Cheaters. (American series)
The only way is Essex.
Jeremy Kyle. (Not the American series)

Gilligans Isle
Roger Ramjet
Sopranos
Treme-going back third time this year-to see Kermits new bar
Brady Bunch
Saturday Night Live
Rat Patrol
Davey and Goliath (the cotter pin)
Rocketship 7
Bugs for sure-without roadrunner
Hilarious house of Frankenstien-Canadian humour at its best

1. Breaking Bad

Everything else is just OK...

I relented and started watching this on Netflix a couple of weeks ago. Having been off cigarettes for a month I'm now considering taking up crystal in honor of how good this show is. It'll be lost on anyone who isn't British, but The Thick of It is a very, very good satire of British politics. These quotes from Malcolm Tucker (the anti-hero in the show) should give you a good idea (apparently there's a bloke in Canada who comes up with the insults...):

"Does that not fit within your purview, Marie Antoinette? Why don't you just scuttle off back to fucking Cranford and play around with your tea and your cakes and your fucking horse cocks. Let them eat cock!"

"If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up cause that cunt's a cunt."

"No, it's not good, I'm sorry, it's everywhere, spreading faster than a rent-boy's cheeks. We're gonna need a plan B here."

"You and me, Ollie, hey? I just realised that we're on the same boat, yeah? I mean, obvioulsy, I'm up on the bridge with the binoculars and the Richard Gere gear on, you're down in the engine room trying not to get bum-raped by a bunch of big lads with shovels, but, essentially, it's the same boat!"

"Moaning about minister on the phone: "He's about as much use as a marzipan dildo."

"You're so back-bench, you've actually fucking fallen off. You're out by the fucking bins where I put you."

"All these hands all over the place! You were like a sweaty octopus trying to unhook a bra."

"How much fucking shit is there on the menu and what fucking flavour is it?"

"Please could you take this note, ram it up his hairy inbox and pin it to his fucking prostate."

And this, this little conversation is just, well...

OLIVER REEDER
I understand that it's [puts up one hand] this party and [puts up the other hand] this party and we're [indicates hands] this party and they're this party, and therefore how can I influence that?

MALCOLM TUCKER
You take [puts up his hands the way Ollie did] this and this and you put it onto your bird's breasts, and you rub them and squeeze them very very gently, you get her into the sack, you bang her fucking brains out, you make sure that she comes and you just give her the policy!

OLIVER REEDER
But I... I chucked her. In a kind of 'it's not you' it's me' sort of... but it IS you, you hideous, vacuous, slow bitch from hell!

MALCOLM TUCKER
I'm really not interested at all in your little tiff. Get round her, take your Barry White album and your lube and your fucking policy folder!

OLIVER REEDER
Malcolm, this is really crossing the line!

MALCOLM TUCKER
Don't start with the moral objections, you fucking Blue Peter badge wearing ponce! Go and make a contribution to the fucking Amnesty International! Go and buy a goat a whole village can fuck, but you are doing this for me!

OLIVER REEDER
Malcolm! You're bullying me, and I dunno why you're bullying me...

MALCOLM TUCKER
How dare you! How dare you! Don't you ever, EVER, call me a bully! I'm so much worse than that.

The Big Bang Theory
Father Ted
The Office (UK)
Fawlty Towers
Sons of Anarchy
The Walking Dead:It's not about the zombies it's about the survivors, I feel I have to defend it all the time, also have this really really irrational fear that its gonna somehow come true....eeeeek :abge:

Northern exposure and the dog whisperer are in a class by themselves.

then there's who's line is it anyway - the spontaneity is so refreshing on tv, which the whole medium is mostly one group of guys telling everybody what to say and how to say it and how to look saying it (in other words, sheepleism)

second rate is all kinds of 'watchable' stuff - night rider, golden girls, sanford and son, chopped (food network), the office, the cosbys, the a team, mcgyver

third rate is stuff that is/was funny but does/would get old: seinfelfd, simpsons, saturday night live, daily show

oh, on pbs there's some good stuff - austin city limits for example

nostalgia points to beverly hills 90210 because i watched it to make a girl like me in 9th grade and liked it ... if hooch can admit to thirtysomething ...

Boardwalk Empire is right up there with the best.

I don't know if it's top 10, but we're totally into Orphan Black on BBC America. And speaking of BBC America, I'm also digging Copper, which recently started its second season. Vikings was also great, hope that comes back next year. Mad Men seemed like it came and went in a few weeks. All of the series are too short these days, but I guess that's just the way TV works now.

The new show that airs right after Dexter on HBO, Ray Donovan is excellent so far, and it just got started.

But they are all just appetizers for season six of Sons of Anarchy which starts up again in September.

Banshee_promotional_poster.jpg

Anyone seen this? In about a week I'm going to blind buy this because it strikes me as something I need to see.

Family Tree (HBO) is different and good for a quirky chuckle. The psycho sister with the ventriloquist monkey doll is my favorite.

Ages 1-20
Happy days
Kotter
James at 15...16
MASH
Barney Miller
Taxi
Brady Bunch (#1 ep. when Greg is suspected of smoking)
New Zoo Revue
Andy Griffith Show
Flintstones

Ages 21+
Cracker-BBC version
Breaking Bad
Ken Burns Baseball
Friday Night Lights
Northern Exposure
Deadwood
The Shield
The Wire