Top 10 TV Series Of All Time (1 Viewer)

Ok I'm going to have to divide these into sub-categories:

War: Tour of Duty, Generation Kill, The A-Team, Band of Brothers
Crime: Criminal Justice, The Wire,
Comedy: The Day Today, I'm Alan Partridge
Drama: Heartbeat, Six Feet Under

okay, that's news for deaf and those who can't hear well.
I was circa ten years old and thought it was FUN! to watch the news performed in sign language, spoken and subtitled in Dutch, of which I could understand none.
a few years later a bunch of stoned morons tried to play Trivial Pursuit in the Dutch version.
zandvoort, yanks coffee shop "the best in the west".

MACGYVER is Selma's and Patty's favorite TV show in The Simpsons.

Currently, they're running the show (once again) daily on local TV here. Today's episode was about a Chinese woman who flees from the Chinese embassy, thanks to McGyver.

Last edited by a moderator:
when i was a kid i looked forward to MacGyver all week long. haven't seen it since i was 10 or so, so i'm not sure if it would still hold up for me, but man, i loved it so much!

nowhere man left me heartbroken when it got cancelled.

One forum I'm on got all excited when the MacGyver episode that was shot at the Westwood Racing Circuit was on (I mean forum members were posting as it aired). Featured G. Gordon Liddy as the villain. Interesting for the views of the narrow sports car track. Now it's all rich peoples' housing and golf courses.

I prefer reruns of the Rockford Files myself. The answering machine messages were always fun.

Band of Brothers, yes. Better than reruns of Combat!

The Flintstones.

Corner Gas (Canada, just ended after 6 or 7 seasons).

Taken (alien abduction, breeding of humans with aliens, Dakota Fanning).

Star Trek: the next generation. I like Q and the Borg.

Law and Order for the first few seasons (up to and including the ones with Benjamin Bratt). Gets replayed on A&E all the time.

Bugs Bunny/Roadrunner Hour (overture, curtain, lights...on with the show, this is it!)

Frisky Frolics (all the other early cartoons: Popeye by the Fleisher Bros., follow the bouncing ball singalongs, etc.)

in no particular order

[STRIKE]nowhere man[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]lost[/STRIKE]
grey's anatomy (i'm a fag?)
gilmore girls (i'm definitely a fag)
freaks and geeks
the cosby show
[STRIKE]whose line is it anyway (the british version) [/STRIKE]
scrubs (the first couple of seasons)
[STRIKE]carnivale[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]deadwood[/STRIKE]

That would be like my wife's list, she did like the first 2 seasons of lost and the American version of Whose Line...Great minds think alike.;)

The Simpsons
M*A*S*H
Band of Brothers
The West Wing
Star Trek (everything after the original series)
Futurama
The Singing Detective
Harvey Birdman
Drawn Together
Southpark
Fawlty Towers
Seinfeld

Man, I watch too much TV!

No love for Hill Street Blues?

I was just a kid, but man--that show MADE the cop drama. Without it there's no HOMICIDE: LIFE ON THE STREETS (awesome), THE WIRE, (awesome)...so many other good cop shows...

alright, I'm going to come out of the closet here. I've been hemming and hawing about admitting to a show I liked and still like, even though I was barely 19 when it first aired:

thirtysomething. yes, this thirtysomething.

thirtysomethingcast.jpg

I'm very sorry.

and people wonder why I drink...

I watched that on and off for the first couple years, but they lost me at some point. I saw part of an episode about a year ago and I have to say that it left me cold. If you remember the term yuppies, these are yuppie characters. If you care about the trials and tribulations of white suburban folks with really good jobs, then this might be for you. ;)

Ironically, the older and more "comfortable" I have become, the less patience I have for whining, advantaged people. You know, like the kind flocking to Haiti right now to help those poor, stupid brown people.

Wait, what were we talking about?

I was told by a guy who worked on the show that David Milch decided he wanted to do something else... something even better than Deadwood. That's how we got the immortal classic John from Cincinnati.
I was reading yesterday that the reason the show was pulled was due to a disagreement between Paramount (who produced the show) and HBO. Milch had planned for a fourth and final season, and apparently on the series DVDs he tells how it would have all ended had he been able to finish it. He was also interested in wrapping it up with two 2 hour movie-length-episodes if he couldn't get a 12 episode season, but they couldn't get that together either.

Even without an ending (the real Deadwood camp was burned to the ground and I suspect that's how the show would have gone out) it stands as 36 of the best episodes of any series ever on television.

No love for Hill Street Blues?

You bet! Great series. I used to watch it every time it was on TV.

Even without an ending (the real Deadwood camp was burned to the ground and I suspect that's how the show would have gone out) it stands as 36 of the best episodes of any series ever on television.

It's the best TV Western series I've ever seen. Too bad we'll never find out how it was supposed to end. I wonder what would've happened to Al Swearingen.

Right now I'm watching "Curb Your Enthusiasm" on TV. They send an episode every night, and they've started on Season 2. It's a hilarious TV show!

Last edited by a moderator:
In order, youngest to oldest...

ScoobyDoo and Friends
TwilightZone
Mash
Soap
X-Files
South Park
Sienfeld
Deadwood
Lost
Arrested Development
These are my favorite shows.(nOT THE BEST 10 OF ALL TIME). Deadwood and Lost are the greatest 2 shows I have ever expierenced in my years of UHF exposeur.
John From Cincinatti sucked ass and was an insult to all Deadwood fans. 'Whats-his-name' in all of his Ego-glowingness, should be deeply ashamed of himself.

Lost is an argument but I like it. It makes me happy. I really love the fat guy.
Scooby Doo... well, what does one really need to say?

I love TV:) I am a direct product of my Mom. Her Father was the first on thier block to buy a TV in like 1942. She is a true TV baby. I was one of the first generations to be "baby sitted" by TV. HeeHee.
She also introduced me to books. God Bless Her.
Have a good night guys and gals, and Thanx.

My opinion is that if they're your favorite, they're probably the best too. Then again, I occasionally consider Spongebob Squarepants as a favorite, so maybe not 100% of the time...

I always forget about Arrested Development.

LickTheStar - with a child the faves instantly take a wild curve. My girlfriends son has me watching Spongebob, Flapjack, and Chowder. And in short time I've found all three far more entertaining than most of the brown flow that pours from the tele.

"The Cleveland Show(though its humor is nearly identical to Seth's other hit family guy) is quickly becoming a favorite of mine!

There is a trend in bizarre children's animation lately and Chower and Flapjack are definitely at the forefront... most of what I miss from cable is animation...

In rough order:
Peep Show
King of the Hill
Frasier
Rab C. Nesbitt
Still Game
Fawlty Towers
Beavis & Butt-head
Monty Python's Flying Circus
The Office (both versions)
The Simpsons/Futurama (can't decide)
Blackadder
Mr Bean.

Most American/non-Scottish users won't know Rab C Nesbitt or Still Game. Both are classic Scottish sitcoms and worth checking out online. If you can understand the accent and slang you're in for a treat. Enjoy.

In the order I think of them:

The Simpsons
Family Guy
Dexter
Freaks and Geeks
American Gothic
Eek The Cat/Terrible Thunder Lizards
Lost
Malcom in the middle
The Sopranos
and...erm.... my guilty pleasure, Buffy The Vampire Slayer (yep, I said it).

My two cents
Flintstones
Bugs Bunny-without road runner
Threes Company-just for Suzanne Sommers
Johnny Carson
Monty Python
Star Trek
Miami Vice-Ted Nugent as bad guy was amazing. We would watch this then hit the bars.
CSI That girl is just hot
In Concert
Midnight Special
Sopranos
Get Smart
This hour has 22 minutes

1. Seinfeld
2. The Simpsons
3. Curb Your Enthusiasm
4. Cosby Show
5.Alfred Hitchcock Presents
6. Cheers
7. M*A*S*H
8. Freaks and Geeks
9. Charlie Brown
10. Arrest Development
11. Summer Heights High

As you can see this is kind of a personal favorite list but oh well.

My So Called Life
The Office
Freaks And Geeks
Northern Exposure
The Tilight Zone
In The Middle
Scrubs
Malcolm In The Middle
King Of The Hill

Anybody here watching TREME on HBO?
You musicians must be loving it at least.
It has me hooked, that's for sure.
Doesn't seem to hve any plot, but what a great atmosphere!

Treme is incredible. A lot of those characters are real New Orleans musicians. I like how the actor who is a trombone player always say the same thing when they are lining up to do a funeral march or a back line procession: "All right! Let's make some money!" ;)

Great show.

When HBO starts a new show like this they generally run the first three or four episodes before episode 4, just so people who didn't get in at the beginning can catch up.

Or you may be able to get HBO on demand on your cable system and watch the first few episodes that way.

Doesn't seem to hve any plot...
Yet.

I like how the actor who is a trombone player always say the same thing when they are lining up to do a funeral march or a back line procession: "All right! Let's make some money!" ;)
To be more precise he says it like this: "Play for that money, boys. Play for it.":cool:

I liked it when the trombone player ad libed a version of St. James Infirmary in the hospital waiting room. Sort of reminded me of The Singing Detective...

Afterwards I looked up St James on Spotify & Grooveshark and was blown away by all the versions of this song...

Nerds went full-tilt boogie meltdown when this was cancelled (years ago) and having never seen it it was of no consequence to me but now that I just recently watched this I understand why they reacted the way they did. Great show that the corporate fucks at Fox did some injustice to:

[This video is unavailable.]

only shit i watch these days is breaking bad, the killing, home movies, trailer park boys (they have every episode ever made on youtube), and uh some tosh.0. yes, hes funny. stop being an elitist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back