Will it make my iPod? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry for not being able to provide a link to this song but

"Trouble is a Lonesome Town" by Lee Hazlewood

the title says it all, and it's from the album of the same name.

If you have a broad taste in music you may appreciate this. It's alternative country from 1963.
I'm coming from a Tom Waits, John Frusciante, Hank Williams Sr. taste in music if that helps you to decide whether or not to bother.

7. Bruce Cockburn - Burn

Cockburn is one of those artists I keep coming back to, despite it all.

He's got an impressive staying power,
despite it all

8. Kings of Leon -
Ok, I'm done for the week. But, seriously, how can you go wrong with Kings of Leon? This is a great song.

Sounding like an 80's band is lame.... let's try sounding like a 70's band instead... Hey mr. deejay, mash-up these beauties pleeeaaase :D

9. Norman Greenbaum -
10. Alvin Stardust -
11. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club -
12. Morrissey -
(I think we had Norman in an earlier list, but like, hey, you know, )

chronic said:
They are? I'm going to have to start getting out more.

No, you are cooped up for a reason.;)
The kids these days have it made. The problem is easy going parents like me.

Back to the thread. Please someone who has not picked this week...pick this:#13. Blue Oyster Cult ;):)

mjp said:
They don't know the difference between treasure and shit. You can force feed them shit all day long and they will beg you for more.

It's not their fault though, don't get me wrong. I blame the MTV. And the liberals.
Or to put it another way its just: Mindless Self Indulgence :rolleyes:

mjp said:
(snip..)
It's not their fault though, don't get me wrong. I blame the MTV. And the liberals.
You forgot to credit Rush Limbaugh for that quote.;)
Bonus track time:

The White Stripes -
Good song, great video.
Very good video.
Or to put it another way its just: Mindless Self Indulgence :rolleyes:

Good one, goes well with the debate.:D

Guess what? I got a fever!... and the only prescription is... click.

(I know, I know... its not new, but it makes me laugh anyway.)

I knew someone would bring that up. I can't hear The Reaper and not think of Christopher Walken on SNL. Thank you hank solo.

[3] The Beatles: And Your Bird Can Sing. The released version from Revolver:

And now the Anthology 2 version, where John apparently has taken his advice later delivered at the end of I Am The Walrus. This version is much better to me, although the laughter prevented its release (listen to McCartney's bass line; brilliant!):

And, thanks to the miracles of technology, a third version; taking the Anthology 2 version and creating a mix without the laughter track:

The Revolver version is still the best.

I totally disagree. The "Byrds-like" version where Paul uses a descending bass line as opposed to the ascending, more boomy line on Revolver, absolutely blew me away. Ask my wife; I've probably played it 100 times in the past three weeks or so.

Then again, my opinion is like an asshole, right? :D

5. Radiohead - Everything in its right place (live version.)
No act, they're real.

It's Sunday in Eastern Canada. New week.
1. XTC
Are we still making this for Jimmy Snerp? Or should I ask, "Are we making plans for Jimmy Snerp?"

Dear God - I love XTC too.

Skylarking and Oranges and Lemons helped me survive
1980's FM radio with minimal bumps and bruises...

Their earlirer, punk material was great, but give me a post-breakdown Andy Partridge anyday. That's when he really started writing songs. From 1987 to about 1993, from Skylarking to Wasp/Star he made his mark.

Colin Moulding = top bass player also.

And now for something completely different...
I digi-literally stumbled over the following track.
A friend informs me the language is North-African Arabic.
That's all I now. Slick, Popsy, new-agy sound, I'll agree.
But it still sounds sort of fresh, different and new all the same...

5. Unknown artist - Unknown song

Okay i have to chime in on this one!

First my pick:

6. XTC

Second:
a brief little story about the origins of the name strangegirl.

So I was the Assistant engineer on the Skylarking album.
Todd Rundgren was producing the album and Prairie Prince played drums on it.
There was some pre-production done in New York at Todd's studio and then they came out to San Francisco to cut the basic tracks at the Tubes recording studio "Cavum Soni" otherwise known as "the Sound Hole" as Colin would say "with the emphasis on "hole".

I was basically the only engineer at the studio and at the time I was also living at the studio. I had lost my house and hunkered down with my 2 cats at the studio since I was there most of the time anyway.
I lived in a, well I will call it a loft, but that's being generous, above the bathroom.
XTC came and recorded in SF for a month. This was, in all of my experience as a recording engineer, my favorite experience. Super nice guys, really talented and really fucking great songs. I love this album. Todd has engineering credit but I'm credited on the album as Assistant engineer. Look for kim foscato in the credits, that would be me.

Anyway speed ahead to 1998. XTC puts out a book called "XTC song and stories"
If you are an XTC fan and don't have this book you should be kicked.
A friend of mine gets it and when he sees me he's all excited about this book and he's telling me that they even mention me in the book. I'm stunned, they remembered me, wow!
He tells me that I was reference to "..the strange little girl that lived in the attic." or something along those lines.
I thought that was pretty fuckin funny and I thought that would be a great name for my band.
Hence .... strangegirl.

I was actually referred to by Colin in the book, on page 185, as "the funny little tape op who lives in a little box up a latter on the wall"

Anyway there's my story.
:D

And now for something completely different...
I digi-literally stumbled over the following track.
A friend informs me the language is North-African Arabic.
That's all I now. Slick, Popsy, new-agy sound, I'll agree.
But it still sounds sort of fresh, different and new all the same...

5. Unknown artist - Unknown song

Erik, That is a nice smooth jazz tune. The words may translate to say Death to America but it's a nice sound.

Have you guys heard of Natasja? I just bought two of her albums. Here's one of the tracks. Nice footage too! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't you watch the video? The man has needs. A man does not live on Frank Zappa alone.

Wow, that was almost biblical.

:)

10. Janet Kay - (Make yours a footlong for just $5 US :D)

New week:

1) Joy Division -
For some reason the video starts off with a little section of , another great JD song.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back