Truckin - The Dead

[This video is unavailable.]

Lyrics. . .
Truckin got my chips cashed in. keep truckin, like the do-dah man
Together, more or less in line, just keep truckin on
. . .

Father Luke:

crumb_truckin1.jpg

My biggest coat is over that stool ... now.

I think I'll cheat again with a bonus track.

The Trashmen -
I don't know who made the video for this but I think that it's perfect. Maybe one of the best music videos I've seen.

How's this for some driving music:

10-
(I'm sorry, don't know how to make those fancy links)

(Mod Edit: Linked - hope that's a decent rendition ;))

I'll finally jump in on this bad boy...

Love this duo. Carter died several years ago now, though, sadly...

Moderators go mad with power.... ha ha ha here's two tunes from the eighties...

Hey, it's Saturday. You should be starting a new list.

My pick for the week:

03. Gram Parsons w/Emmylou Harris -

Why the devil not?

Renumbered accordingly ;)

shit man, how do you follow #'s 1, 2, & 3?... oh wait, I think that I know... Mary Gauthier "I Drink" #5...

It was many many years ago when I thought that song was cool.

hey, that song is still cool. this was a great little no BS guitar rock and roll band. I once (many,many years ago) had a broken drum stick from Jerry Shirley(?) the drummer, who threw it into the crowd. Hit me right in the side of the face. damn man, he coulda put my fucking eye out with that thing!

shit man, how do you follow #'s 1, 2, & 3?... oh wait, I think that I know... Mary Gauthier "I Drink" #5...

I heard Mary Gauthier a few years ago for the first time.
I'm a fan since.

7. Eric Dolphy - Epistrophy

I'd go with King Crimson - Lark's Tongues in Aspic, Part II

03. King Crimson - Lark's Tongues in Aspic, Part II

This piece of music will mess you up. It makes AC/DC sound like Lawrence Welk.:eek:

Here's a cool little anectdote for you. A few years ago I was driving a truck for an air frieght company in Nashville. One day I have to take over this young kids route. I noticed that I had a pick up of musical equiptment in Mount Juliet. The kid explained to me that it's kind of a tough driveway to get down but that the young guy that is in the band is really cool to deal with. So I looked down for a closer inspection and the name on the adress is Adrian Belew. I'm scheduled to pick up his rig and get it prepped for a tour of Germany that Crimson were doing. I almost crapped myself. The kid that usually ran the route had no clue who they were.

Anyway, Belew answered the door himself in a ratty T shirt, sweat pants and flip flops, then ground guided me down his extremely winding and steep drive.
When I got out of the cab he told me to open the back and he'd bring the gear out to his Tech and me. I stopped him and asked if I could shake his hand, told him it was an honor and all that. He looked at me with this real puzzled expression and said "You KNOW who I am?"

He was the coolest guy you'd ever want to deal with. Loaded the truck himself.

When we were done we stood behind his house talking. He autographed the back of an invoice for me and his tech gave me a handfull of Guitar picks.
It was funny, he was trying to impress me, as if I wasn't impressed already, he says in this real childish, almost taunting tone, "Well, when Robert Fripp is in town he stays HERE!!"

It was just kind of amusing.

anyway.

My song selection is 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back