Will it make my iPod? (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
3. Kent - If you were here

Bonus track of last week: Manic street preachers - Suicide is painless
[This video is unavailable.]
Dedicated to Richey James Edwards who has been missing since 1995, and in november 2008 was officially 'presumed dead'.

Norwegian prog-rock from 1973?
Yup:

Okay. Christmas bonus tracks:
I was thinking to start a top-3-xmas-songs ot anti-xmas-songs topic but this
is a good place as well. Or not.

Can't find my nr. 2, it's Mary Gauthier - Christmas in paradise
http://www.rhapsody.com/mary-gauthier -> For US residents only.
Father Luke or someone else...possible to upload that song in here?

nr.3: My morning jacket - Xmas curtain
nr.1: The Vandals - Hang myself from the tree
[This video is unavailable.]

Watching the Brit soap Coronation Street during the Xmas season (which usually happens during summer here) always in the background at the knicker factory and the Rover's Return pub and various flats are U.K. Xmas pop songs from the near past. I Wish it Could Be Christmas Everyday by Wizzard, Merry Christmas Everybody by Slade, Father Christmas by The Kinks and even by The Pogues with Kirsty MacColl.

2) Also Spake Zarathustra - Eumir Deodato

A smokin' live version with orchestra. Not the best recording, but the skin is flying from the fingers on this (bassist gets it, by damn), and even the conductor gets to rock his tits off:
And the original; classic shit:
There's a more recent live version on you-tube, but the recording ain't too good...

Great choice Chronic for next week
To stay with John Prine, a duo with Nancy Griffith
2 ) The Speed of the Sound of Loneliness

07. by Penguin Cafe Orchestra.

Used to be the theme to a Saturday morning CBC radio comedy show called Basic Black featuring writer Arthur Black. Back then theme song information wasn't readily available. The question "what's online?" hadn't been thought of yet. You had to write a letter and hope for a reply or be around to catch the info on a future show. I didn't write so I never knew what that song was. Stumbling across it on a cassette in the mid-1980s was a bit magical.

Must have heard that a hundred times last week. That and the Kinks Father Christmas are the only two Christmas songs I can tolerate.

I'm still arguing for my man Mark Kozelek of Sun Kil Moon to make your ipod. This is called Carry Me Ohio. I'll make a fan out of someone yet. I just wish there were more interesting images to watch.

Dedicated to all the forums in the internet.

#3.) Rick Springfield- You girls need a picture too.
rick_springfield.jpg

Good morning class. This weeks lessons will begin with

The Clash -
This is a bluebeat attack!

I always thought it was ironic (or is it paradoxical?) that the Clash got Scratch Perry into the studio and had him produce a punk song (Complete control) rather than a reggaefied Clash song like White man.

...Rick Springfield...
Many years ago, when Rick was still a "star", I used to deliver his Guinness Stout and service his beer tap and equipment (beer equipment that is). He was a little bit of an ass, but his mom was a really nice lady. I always liked talking to her. Never could stand his music though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back