Will it make my iPod? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Litttle wing?
I think it's also the title of a small pearl of Neil Young.

It's a beautiful cold & sunny sunday winter morning.
8. Posies - I can dream all day

Play it loud.

R8R R0K please read this first post, RULES and there are very few rules here. So since you didn't read the rules you can use my pick for this week. Just so we aren't bustin' your balls too much in your first week here. Besides Snoop Dog is funny.

Good thing you play guitar. White guys can't break into the critical rhythm section or singers of a reggae band. ;)
Actually, I have to tell you that I am playing the guitar parts and bass on that track. I also arranged the horn and backup vocal parts and recorded and mixed it as well (among other songs from those sessions - though I wasn't around for the mastering for the CD, which is unfortunate, because it came out too trebley, which emphasizes some things that are actually lower in the mix - like the background vocals). Oh, and I did sing harmonies in the group as well, and the original rhythm section were both white guys. ;)

But in general, you are right. A reggae band kind of needs a rhythm section with Caribbean roots to really work. For me anyway. And eventually, by the time Vatican was recorded, I was the last remaining non-Caribbean face in that particular group.

This one is growing on me in a B-52s sort of way...

Yeah, flying V's are still cool in Norway.

I want a flying V somethin' awful. And not one of those Dean jobbies either. Its the best thing about being afflicted with an acquiring nature...theres always more "getting" to be done.

Little Steven van Zandt is in Bergen this week producing the new album for the Cocktail Slippers. That's how I heard about them.
Maybe Little Steven has a thing about flying-V guitars?
Does he ever use one?

And I'm with you G-love, there's something special about a good girl band.

Bonus track

8. The Ronettes -
R.I.P. Estelle Bennett

I heard this one first . The question is, who wrote that or recorded it first?

scribbler, that is one of the better versions of Ziggy Stardust. thnx

Thank you chronic you're the man!
4.) Boz Scaggs- #4 because Dan Hicks belongs on this weeks list.
I never appreciated Boz Scaggs until I've gotten so much older and decrepit. He has soul, baby.

6. Dandy Warhols - good morning

Bonus track: Silver Jews - Smith and Jones forever
Can't find a studio track version. Hank Solo, Hooch? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back