Will it make my iPod? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK Hank Solo, but pretty soon last.fm will be making us "outsiders" pay for the US, Britain & Germany so f@ck them too!

Time to start using: GROOVESHARK click...

The Good, the bad and the Queen played on a big Dutch music festival
a few years ago. I had never heard of them but I heard the "Blur" voice.
I was impressed by this song:
5. Kingdom of Doom

iPods are evil, but this should be on all of them to make them a little more alive:

3) Ida Maria - "I Like You So Much Better When You're Naked"

You knew she was Nwegian didn't you, you old Minnesotan you.
Hear (and download) more here: IDA MARIA
Tip: "lytt" means listen and "last ned" means download.

PS: She's a true punkster: when she recived a gold record for her debut album she just said "thank you" and promptly smashed the whole trophy into a trillion pieces. See for yoself: click

I didn't know she was Norwegian (her site is c.uk so I assumed British) but I knew she was punk just from the delivery of those "naked" lyrics.

I am always disappointed when some phony counterculture type wins an award and doesn't smash it. So that video was inspirational. Any time you do something that causes a cheering audience to instantly go silent, you know you just made a good move.

You know, unless your the guy from Seinfeld yelling, "he's a nigger!" in a comedy club. That was not punk.

Are you sure about the video link? It works in Norway at least. But then again Nways almost a state by now. But then again I thought aussi-land was as even more americanized? :p

It could be their Irish heritage fighting hard to deny the swing (you know, all that "dancing" with your arms locked at your side), but it's there. A slow, percolating vocal swing that will make the hair on the back of your neck stand up about two-thirds of the way through the song if you listen to it loud enough (not on computer speakers - if that's possible anymore). Try this non-youtube (i.e. non-shitty) version (complete with actual Fripp guitar squiggles for no extra charge!).

And... my local 'record shop' has just closed its doors.

Most of the big chains in Los Angeles have closed in the past five years. For some reason though, Pasadena has a sick number of good independent stores. Though the CDs still outnumber the vinyl everywhere.

Most of the big chains in Los Angeles have closed in the past five years. For some reason though, Pasadena has a sick number of good independent stores. Though the CDs still outnumber the vinyl everywhere.

It took me 24 hours to remember the record store I have always heard about,

POOBAHS Records in Pasadena. I've been seriously considering going there since 1973, I guess I'm not that serious about records.

PooBah is still there on Colorado, I drive by it every time I go to the bank (from work). There's also a Penny Lane a mile or two west, across the street from Pasadena College. And then a little further down Colorado, Canterbury Records, where we stopped in a couple weeks ago for some of those little plastic 45 inserts (so you can play them on a regular turntable without a spindle), and he didn't have any ("People ask me for those every day," he said, so then why not stock them, dummy? I thought). I had to go on line to get them. But we still ended up dropping $100 in there.

Just back from their Birmingham gig...

2. The Specials - Too Much Too Young

(sadly the support act was not The Kinks :rolleyes:)

Deep Purple, Black Night, Live in Copenhagen, March 1972. Yes, I listed Purple in the What are you listening to?, but this is different. Lots of cool shots of Glover's sexy '71 Rickenbacker 4001.

Rock and Roll, folks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back