Will it make my iPod? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hallelujah brothers and sisters... we begin a new week a half hour early with

1) Brian Eno - which is, I think, the most perfectly "cinematic" piece of music ever written. If I were to make a movie, I would have to fit this in somewhere.

+ a crispy .

2. Rico Rodriguez - (Live)

Bonus -

I was teasing you. Sorry.
I grew up listening to Vreeswijk
because my parents did.

Oh.
So you're located down by THAT river!
;)

Well, yes.
Located 100 yards from the longest? river in Europe.

7. Kate Bush - Hello earth

Something with train.
2. Supertramp - Rudy

Low voice of Rick? Davies. Recorded from LP version.
Supertramp: who doesn't hate them.
Personally I still like some of their songs.
[This video is unavailable.]

Well, involves a train.

Never had heard of Rednex (Swedish pop band) until last week when this got played over the p.a. at Victoria's Western Speedway a couple times. People in the stands stomping along. From 1993/4. Man, I'm outta touch with the masses!

Never had heard of Rednex (Swedish pop band) until last week...
Great. The worst of two worlds, fake-hillbilly dancepop. "The masses" can't be listening to that stinking kettle of shit tripe, I simply refuse to believe it. Even the masses aren't that addled.

Stuff makes me laugh. It was confusing to hear it at the track last week, the reaction and recognition and all that by a few thousand people. Actually wrote down the title in the program as best as I could understand it and then went to the utube.

Well, Cotton-Eyed Joe is an old traditional song (old like early 1800's old), so I wouldn't be surprised if it sounds familiar to most people, even if they don't remember ever hearing it.

But just because ABBA traded in their guitars for fiddles and banjos so they could sing it - I don't know. It's so...it's wrong. Like going in to court and seeing a judge with clown makeup, or a chimp behind the counter of a donut shop. Makes no sense. Fucks with your head.

I know you're not big on the wikipedia but here's a take on Cotton-Eyed Joe with a 1939 recording recorded by the Lomaxes.

And I agree, it is wrong, and that's what makes it so right. For the moment anyway. Never heard of it, myself, until a week ago. Hadn't heard of the traditional Cotton-Eyed Joe either until I fooled around on the web. Not sure many people on the west coast of Canada, at a sprint car race, would have heard of it either.

But I could be wrong.

Maybe it is a sign of the times-as wrong as it may be- it just sounds so right to me right now. The new ABBA or whatever, you have to respect people who exist on or near the Arctic Circle. It's almost enough to make me like Country and Western music.

So, my pick for the iPod: 4) -Rednex

Just like ABBA Momma Mia they'll make a musical out of this stinking kettle of shit tripe. You are either with the Swedish pop bands or you are with the terrorists. Love Gerard

:eek: Yikes!

Moderators: please replace the previous glitch with this:

Happy 30th birthday, Walkman !

My best friend is a fan of Mama Mia (musical + film).

Digney in Burnaby, the video clip from Rednex's song is far much funnier than your link: http://www.dailymotion.com/related/x10qmw/video/x1au73_rednex-coton-eye-joe_fun?hmz=746162

I myself only discovered it last month. I was watching Deliverance with a guy and he then showed me that video...we had a lot of fun that day thanks to rednecks and Rednex ! :D

By the way, are the terms "redneck", "white trash" and "hillbilly" all synonyms or do they designate different species ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I know the official video of Cotton Eye Joe is funnier, I was trying to find the noise I heard over the p.a. That didn't include the female vocals, just the "what you say?" b.s.

There is so much depth to this song, it makes me want to dig deeper. And deeper.

And then pull the dirt in behind me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back