Will it make my iPod? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
05. Ian Dury and the Blockheads: There Ain't Half Been Some Clever Bastards.

Probably got help from their mums
who got help from their mums

Oh yeah, Segovia.

This is anarchy! There should be some rules! Ha.

Like say, next time, the songs all have to have been in the top 10. That will put a crimp on the obscure and artisitic picks. ;) And make it more challenging.

I think I heard those guys in the community hall at Lake Kenosee outside of Regina Saskatchiwan, in the 60s. Or everyone sounded like that back then.

the songs all have to have been in the top 10

Which top ten?

Now.

The original poast:

I was talking at my local drinking hole about the albums that moved you thread on this forum.
While I did, the bartender (25 yr old British guy) would 'you tube' the artisits I mentioned (PJ Harvey Meat Puppets Regina Spektor Tubes etc...)
He would listen then say 'it's ok but it wouldn't make my ipod'.
Wanting to take part he countered with Nelson Faulkner and Yael Naim.
The thread isn't about his tastes though.

Now I don't own an ipod I have a 35 dollar mp3 player (2gb on sale) but it got me to thinking
I would create a Buk forum song list file and i'll attach the title to the provider.

You get one song
Responses with more than on song have to be ignored.
Sorry, but thats bar room rools

Coff - fuck rulez - Coff
we've all blown it.
Dang near all of us have
poasted more than one song.

But we have poasted the YouTube links in a lot of
cases so the bartender can look.

That being said:

#6(66).
< - - YouTube link

Which top ten?
Well, the Billboard - or I guess now it would be Soundscan - top ten. The top selling records. It still leaves thousands of options.

You can't use a Canadian top ten, because it's skewed by that government's rule that a certain percentage of music getting radio or TV play has to be by Canadian artists. And I blame that rule for having to sit through a BTO concert here in America in 1975!

You know there is still room for 2 songs for this week 4......This is a great thread. Thanks to Jimmy Snerp...Good job on that!

Well, the Billboard - or I guess now it would be Soundscan - top ten. The top selling records. It still leaves thousands of options.

You can't use a Canadian top ten, because it's skewed by that government's rule that a certain percentage of music getting radio or TV play has to be by Canadian artists. And I blame that rule for having to sit through a BTO concert here in America in 1975!

Those Canadian content rules came into effect in 1971.

Do we rilly want to have to think about ipoding this?
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/chart_display.jsp?g=Singles&f=The+Billboard+Hot+100
do this, don't do that, can't you read the signs,
bp

I'm sure Buk could relate to this one:

10. , by Warren Zevon (R.I.P.)

Week six - The Spinbowler week . . .

If you've never heard it I'll bet you'll always remember it.

If you've heard it, I bet you remember it. . .

#1.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, I can see that. I never thought of it, but I think you're correct.
I wonder if NC is an influence.

If I had an Ipod, this would most likely be on it:

10. Arc Angels - Too Many Ways To Fall

Bramhall, Sexton, Double Trouble

You bet there's many way's to fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back