A Deep & Gorgeous Thirst (1 Viewer)

The cat can't put a pic of himself in there? Hmmm. Does this Hosho person actually exist?

3366089974_4797d8aaf9_b.jpg

I have pictures of him here from his three visits, but I have been sworn to not show them while he is alive.

And that drawing looks enough like him to get the idea...

Say, here's a fine blurb:

"Because writing and drinking go hand in hand, it may seem an impossible challenge for a poet to offer new perspective of this well-worn, symbiotic relationship. But Hosho McCreesh does, and in his brilliant collection "A Deep and Gorgeous Thirst" he uses subject matter that might feel old and tired in the hands of a less capable poet and turns out poem after poem as exciting and irresistible as the first flush of new desire."

Tony O’Neill, author of Sick City and Black Neon

And a little something Bill Roberts is working on...no big deal...
photo-1.JPG

Pretty good. Small -- but of the 5 people who didn't already have a book, 4 bought one...so that was good. I read 12 poems, gave away recycled wine-bottle glasses etched with the DrunkSkull logos, the venue gave us 2 stacks of ARCs to give away, and the grand prize -- 1 lucky winner got a copy of THIRST. A short Q&A, signed a few books, then drank a couple of quick snorts of Bullit Bourbon in the parking lot during which time a buddy had a great idea for the audio book.

Also, there was this:

Untitled-1.jpg

All in all -- not too shabby.

I have to confess. That is not Hosho up there. Of course he is not Asian. He is from Italy. Don;t let the Irish surname fool you. Here he is with a woman who wants to remain anonymous.

fabio_beerwest copy.jpg

He left the bar that day and headed to a local amusement park (he LOVED riding rollercoasters once) and the rest is the stuff of legends.

Bill

and yes, Hosho is also very tiny, which is why the book looks SO large...

Goddamn you, Bill. You did promise not to post picture of me until when I am dead!

I will now make 100 piece of toast with delicious I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!™ and try to figure out how I can get my revenge...

Reap it, you son of bitch!

In the works: an AUDIO BOOK and an EBOOK -- just in case you're in the market for either. We now return you to your regularly scheduled programing.

Are you reading the audio book? I've been dipping my toes into those waters myself, but doing a long book is a chore. Amazon has a good audio book network that dovetails with the kdp ebook thing.

Are you reading the audio book? I've been dipping my toes into those waters myself, but doing a long book is a chore. Amazon has a good audio book network that dovetails with the kdp ebook thing.

As with the I AM HOSHO MCCREESH T-Shirts, there will hopefully be many, many voices recording poems (of which mine will be one). Anyone interested in helping (and who has a decent mic set-up to make MP3s) can PM me here. I figure a bunch of people reading 5 - 10 poems a piece. I'm not sure how we'll put it out, but I'll send your suggestion to ADP HQ and see what the boss says. Much thanks man.

Damn you Mr. McCreesh. At my desk at work and I want nothing less than a strong drink and a heaping plate of fried food. Tonight? Beers and vodka&fruitjuice. All assuming I get the boys to bed at a reasonable hour.... ;)

I second the motion, sir. When I say "Moscow," you say, "Mule." Moscow...

Mule! Boys are getting their pj's on. I've had one beer and a plate of popcorn shrimp for dinner. Let the nonsense begin!

Monday: beers and vodka&juice.
Tuesday: a shot of vodka and $2 IPA's.
Wendsday: broke and hungover. o_0o

Livin' la vida Drunkskull!

Ten copies of a book of small press poetry title in ANY store is like selling a thousand copies of Snooki's autobiography! You're crushing it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back