Buk Trivia... Answerer becomes next Questioner (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
none taken - i'm in good company -

200px-IggyPopTheIdiot.jpg

ok here's one for hardcore fans only: where did bukowski's pet gorilla sleep?

roni, you misunderstand. Ponder just left the question to be answered by another idiot :) - He wasn't mentioning The Idiot by Dos. It's just a coincidence...
oh, I think there was a reason, he wrote it in bold CAPITAL letters, wasn't there?
But no matter, since the thing is through anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh, I think there was a reason, he wrote it in bold CAPITAL letters, wasn't there?
But no matter, since the thing is through anyway.

Tha'ts right, Roni.

Just words of play.

I re read "notes" this year. Still amazing.

it is 'notes from the underground', isn't it? he mentions it in 'bukowski tapes'. i think i might be the 'another idiot'!!!

That's right! - It's Notes... (ponder mentioned Notes as his own favourite, but sadly went for another answer. And I'm sorry I did'nt catch "idiot" in bold letters as an an answer, anyway , It was the wrong answer)

OK - your turn d gray!...

ok here's one for hardcore fans only: where did bukowski's pet gorilla sleep?
I could tell you, where Bilbo slept, but he was an orang-utan.
:-))

i don't think he meant that one. bilbo lived at crazy carol's house-cum-zoo and wasn't bukowski's pet.

Maybe d gray means this one:

:rolleyes:

alright, screw the gorilla (that clip was funny tho) - here we go:

which esteemed member of this forum had the fortune of meeting our 'hero' but the misfortune of being spat at for his trouble, and where did it take place?

hey _____ _____ , hope you don't mind being a 'buk trivia' subject!

I just read this famous memoir in the anthology 'Drinking With Bukowski' and enjoyed it. (I didn't know it was included when I picked this one up...)
In fact I was going to PM the author and say so, but now I think, why not just say quite publicly that this piece is A-OKAY.
I had always gotten the feeling that it was somehow a very controversial piece, but found it to be quite gentle.

So cheers to the author.

(Look, I just don't have any questions, okay?)

:D

d gray - was there a gorilla somewhere that we didn't remember?

I think that having the person that is the answer actually answer the trivia question would be cool.....

Are you here?

Bill

Is it possible I read this piece online, many years ago? The author might answer this. Anyhow, I'm gonna re read it right now.

Yes, cheers.

I think that having the person that is the answer actually answer the trivia question would be cool.....

sorry, i forgot to include contest rules:

You must also be at least 18 years old or the age of majority in your state of residence, if such age of majority is greater than 18, as of December 31, 2006. Employees of BUKOWSKI.NET or any sponsors of the Contest, their respective advertising and promotion agencies, their parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, subjects of trivia questions as well as members of their immediate families and households (including children, spouses and siblings, pets and/or persons living in the same households as such persons, whether related or not) are not eligible. The Contest is void wherever prohibited, and subject to all federal, state and local laws.

;)

Ah, I think I remember, reading an old thread where the person talked about the meeting with Buk, an unhappy one, as far as I remember, spitting was included, right?

Maybe he's within spitting distance...:D

as far as I remember, the last regular question was concerning David, and the one to NAME him first was theeffects.
If he/she doesn't like to come up with the next one, and Ponder's too lazy, like anybody else seems to be, I'd give you one, just to keep us going:

In the depression-era, BUK had no money, but there was plenty of another thing. What was it?

(please answer in a way, that other readers get it. Thanks.)

nep!
If tomorrow at this time no one has it (and I'm still alive), I'll post the first hint.
But it ain't THAT hard! Look out, friends!

Yes! you are my man!
(no! in fact it wouldn't be 'rain, baby, rain', but 'rain, HONEY, rain'. - Just a detail. haha)

(but you're a bad guy to the others! So I'll add it:

"...I particularly remember the rains of the
depression era.
there wasn't any money but there was
plenty of rain
..."

(poem: 'we ain't got no money, honey, but we got rain' in: (surprise!) 'Last night', p280ff

now, cirerita, 'you're next and I already know something you don't' - o, sorry, this would've made another trivia!

i hate to "rain" on your parade fellas, but the question has still not been answered correctly -

which esteemed member of this forum had the fortune of meeting our 'hero' but the misfortune of being spat at for his trouble, and where did it take place?

please put me out of my misery...

a very easy one ;)

who is/was C.E. Harper? Was "a note to Karl Sandburg" ever published? If so, where? :D

any chance the poem could be "this rejoinder" from The Last Night of the Earth Poems? And wasn't Harper a guy that Bukowski wrote to in 1956?

NO, babe! - This doesn't work !

You cannot give Trivia-quests without knowing the answer yourself !
And even IF you did - you can NEVER let go an answer that was set with a question-mark !
NOTHING is solved in this way!

I dunno the answer myself - so I'd claim:
Let's start a REAL competition to find out the answer!

(That's what trivias are for, right?)

and anyways:
Answerers are ALWAYS questioned to give sources to their answers! (or am I wrong?)

(at least b/c of reasons to teach others!)

How wrong can I be on this gist? - your turn!

Since it's so silent in here, I'm so free to keep this nice thread going. Correct me if you don't like my initiative, ok?

Question: Who was Mr. Adams?

Fucking trivia. Fun but fluff. Good thread for those carefree times. I got a question: Why did Buk favor the Volks?

Hint: Like Bukowski did, Mr. Adams also visited the same hotel on Vermont Avenue.

They knew each other.

Since Bukfan desperately asked for a second hint.

Mr. Adams appeared in a buk poem. The poem is published in 3 different buk books. But I read about Mr. Adams first, in an interview Bukowski gave when he was in his late sixties.

Correction: The poem is published in 2 buk books but first in Notes from underground.

Notes from underground? What's that? Dostoyevski?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back