Buk Trivia... Answerer becomes next Questioner (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
saw that, and figured that it might be the answer, but was waiting for someone else to do the dirty work... damn it sometimes I just hate to be right... the answer is $33.35

o'ya, now I see... its $10.00. My teachers always told me to pay closer attention!!

Bukowski says this about the 9/14/72 reading at City Lights book store in San Fransisco: "I get half the god damned take and at ? bucks a head maybe I can afford a cold beer when I get back"....what was the admission price? how many people attended? and what was Buk's final take?

o'ya' christ its been so long that I forgot all about it, and I don't even remember the answer. My computer is fucked right now and I'm on my girlfreinds at her house, I know that it is in one of the books of letters. when I get back home I'll look it up and post tomorrow, then I'll pass this on to someone else. in all fairness (to me) his questions are like going out to recess, mine was more like homework. damn, I never was very good at games :o

man, I can't even post things right these days, what I meant to say is that cirerita's a hard act to follow......

Bukowski says this about the 9/14/72 reading at City Lights book store in San Fransisco: "I get half the god damned take and at ? bucks a head maybe I can afford a cold beer when I get back"....what was the admission price? how many people attended? and what was Buk's final take?

Living on luck, page 166.

still haven't made it home, but I'm sure you must be right. what was it? 2 bucks a head? 400 people attended? and buk got $600? or something like that. what? (must of had some expences)... anyway lets get this show back on the road. go Ponder go. hope you have a more interesting question than mine.....

Hey, is it my imagination or is Bukowski kind of slim in that pic? So much pumping and humping at the time that it would make sense.

Hey, Ponder,

the 24 hour period to come up with a new question is long gone. With your gracious permission, I'll ask the same question again:

where did this pic appear?

yep! Dec 1982 issue.

Now, please somebody translate the text ;)

playboydec1982jf0.jpg

Title:
WANNA BET...you don't know everything about Charles Bukowski, yet

I'm too lazy to translate the rest ;)

Roni will translate it!

thanks for the huge clue, cirerita
as i could not come up with a question
worthy of the buk-aficionados of the forum

i will pass the baton to bukfan

bukfan...you're up!

No need to translate it all. A rough idea will do.

They are saying after Montfort took the pictures for Der Ochsentour = Shakespeare never did this? that he did Horsemeat. Now they're looking for a German publisher to translate Horsemeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back