Buk Trivia... Answerer becomes next Questioner (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's an oriole?

Next question:

On which date in 1972 did John Martin publish the book, "Mockingbird Wish Me Luck"?

Last edited by a moderator:
I Knew That Krumhansl would come in handy one day

June 1, 1972.
OK, name two of Buk's favorite French writers.;)

In a short story, Bukowski refers to publishers coming up from New Orleans to meet with him. What is the ficticious name that Bukowski gave to the publisher's wife?

Gypsy=Honeysuckle

;)"Honeysuckle" is the publisher's wife in "How to Get Published" from Hot Water Music Ol' Buk was great with the names, eh?:)

yes yes yes
that was so fast, probably took you less time to find the answer
than for me to think of a question.
What a story , with the parrot on Gypsy Lou's shoulder and Bukowski talking back to the thing !

your turn!

Sexy Redhead

Actually, it took me a while to track it down to HWM. First I looked at SONN, then I looked at NOADOM, then I looked at EEEAGTOOM then I looked at HWM and Lo and Behold! :)
Why am I doing this to myself? A nice Saturday afternoon and NOW I HAVE TO COME UP WITH A QUESTION! OK :confused::confused::confused:
OK, here's a pretty easy one:
What was the nickname of the sexy redhead Buk was crazy about in the Seventies?

Yep, Mongolia is landlocked, and speaking of something similar that has absolutely nothing to do with Bukowski, Bee Gees trivia: Their first hit, or at least one of their first, is called New York Mining Disaster, 1941, but there were no mining disasters in New York in 1941.

When at Chelsey High, in the R.O.T.C.,
Hank won the Manual of Arms competition against a boy named Andrew Post.
He did win a medal, do you know what he did with that medal?

Thanks, snapsvisor.

Question...

In what Black Sparrow book did Bukowski mention his time of birth, and what time did he give?

Okay, if I remember correctly, he mentions it in the screenplay of Barfly (in a conversation with Tully) and gives his time as 10 PM. (This from memory, so please correct me if I'm wrong...I no longer have a copy in my possession.) Anyway, best wishes to all and I concede to the next questioner...

Sorry, hoochmonkey, for jumpin' the gun... but anyone who can verify the answer one way or another will still score. Anyone? Book, page, and reference?

Since there has been no response to the original question in almost two days (and 'twas not a trick question), let's forget about it and move on to a substitute to keep the thread alive:

What are the three missing words and where does Bukowski use the following phrase: "your ___ _____ are shrinking up like a dead ____ out of Norway under a sheet of snow."

Good luck.

Six Dollars, Dick

And I found it on the internet and I do not know where it was used, so I'll ask for half credit, but will allow the person that can name the source to ask the question.

Bill

Hi bospress,

Thanks. The full quote is, "...your six dollars are shrinking up like a dead dick out of Norway under a sheet of snow," said by Bukowski in Hostage when he was well into his cups toward the end of his reading. I dropped out three words because I thought most listeners would have played Hostage to death (I sure have) and be familiar with his reference to "a dead dick out of Norway." Anyway, best wishes to all and you're up.

Poptop

Hi,
This one should get answered pretty quickly.

What magazine published the most poems by Bukowski and how many issues did he appear in? Also, when were the first and last times that he was published in this magazine?

Bill

right, right, right. I think that Fogel lists 87, but there are a few that he missed. 93 is probably closer, if not dead on.

You're up...

Bill

:) Nope, Tu Fu but you get FULL CREDIT anyway! Take it away! :)

Okay David,
TU FU !
I thought that Buk liked steak and fries...
Ponder is busy playing poker so he told me to ask the question.
Who published:
Looking for the Giants,
an interview with Charles Bukowski

Go Cirerita!

OK, Black Swan, I figure we should let Abel go next with the question, since although strictly speaking Robson is the publisher, Abel is also PARTIALLY right! ;)

Hey Abel I Think It's Your Turn!

:):):):)I probably need to get a life since I awoke at 3AM this morning wondering if I screwed up with the question/answer procedure/etiquette/order but I BELIEVE it's Cirerita's turn!:):):):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back