Buk Trivia... Answerer becomes next Questioner (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or Maybe Black Swan should ask question

:confused:
Or Maybe Black Swan should ask question since he/she answered the question correctly! But Black Swan was asking the question for Ponder who was busy playing poker! :cool::D:eek::o:rolleyes:;):(:confused::confused::confused:

"i'm one of the kindest dogs in the universe. i'm full of kindness and goodness. i'm a christmas tree." --buk interview in hustler, december 1976

ok. everything i come up with seems too easy. maybe this one is too but here goes:

when i intro'd myself in the "new blood" section, i titled the post "ya whol mine herring" because i had just read that line and thought it sounded interesting. so...
from what buk short story is that from? who said it and in what context?

correctamundo! that took all of 30 minutes...
i never have figured out if those words were, well, actual words...

bill's turn!

Bukowski's German Joke

:) "Ya whol, mine herring" if I am not mistaken is a joke since in German he should have said "Ja wohl, mein Herr" or "Yes, sir"...and what he actually says is "Yes, my herring" (!) but I think Roni is the expert in that department.:):)

Hi,
Bukowski was the guest editor for a magazine. Under his watch (one issue) he accepted a piece by another writer that was considered so taboo that it effectively was the last straw and gave the authorities the reason that they needed to shut it down. Name the Magazine, Writer and the Title. For extra credit and for a Bukowski related freebie from me, name the issue by number and date.

I still think that this one is easy and will be answered within an hour.

Bill

Ha, I know too, but thinking up the next question is the hard part!

:D

Edit: - Bill, YOU asked this question earlier in this thread! :p

Hell, here's the extra part: Issue no. 70, 20 to 26 September, 1968. I hope!

See, I really am not so good at this! Hank Solo to take the next one.

That is what happens when you get a thread with 1017 posts.

Bill

David said:
Or Maybe Black Swan should ask question since he/she answered the question correctly! But Black Swan was asking the question for Ponder who was busy playing poker! :cool::D:eek::o:rolleyes:;):(:confused::confused::confused:

Yes, yes, Ponder gave me a question to ask ,but not the answer:rolleyes:

:) "Ya whol, mine herring" if I am not mistaken is a joke since in German he should have said "Ja wohl, mein Herr" or "Yes, sir"...and what he actually says is "Yes, my herring" (!) but I think Roni is the expert in that department.:):)

you got it right.

Buk maybe had an even more musical idea: to say "herring" sounds more similar to "Herren" than to "Herr", which means, it's a plural-form.
Stupid when he talks to only one person. yes. But - there's an old german song with that title "!" - the Nazi-doc would sure know that song. how about Buk?

I shouldn't answer because I can never think of a question.

Okay, try this easy one.

Notes of a Dirty Old Man was used as the title of a regular Bukowski column or feature in at least 4 different periodicals. Name 4 of them.

Buk Bingo Etiquette

:confused::confused::confused:Hey Hank Solo, do you need to tell me I'm right or wrong to keep the game going, or do I just barge in and declare myself correct and very rudely come up with yet another question for Bukowski Bingo?:):)

When you know you're right just go David! :D

What makes Buk an original American poet?

This isn't a straight yes or no question. What qualities do you think make Buk an ORIGINAL American poet? I mean, how does he differ from Whitman, Stevens, Pound, Lowell, Plath, Berryman, Eliot, Frost, cummings, etc. Name THREE ways.
;)

Is that 'trivia'? How many words for this assignment, teach? ;)

OK, scratch that!

Yeah, I was wondering if that wasn't trivia! OK, who were the two poets who appeared in Modern Poets Penguin 13 with Hank? :)

My turn... Who said this (or was rumored to have said this), to whom and why?

"It is all just so stupid and crass. Bottom of the barrel stuff. Scum and shit . . . So far as I'm concerned, you are the dregs of the earth."

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be His Holiness John Martin, referring to me.

Wait, I mean, referring to Jim Christy's The Buk Book.

So, what was the name of the naked young woman Bukowski was pictured fondling in that very book?

Yahp. Now you have to think of another one. Heh. Answering these questions is easier than posing them.

Oh great.

Okay then, a two-parter: the day he got his first fax machine set up in his house, Bukowski faxed a poem to John Martin.
1) How long did Bukowski live after sending that poem/fax?
2) Did the advent of the fax machine, or strange technology in general, kill Bukowski?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back