New Trivia Thread - First with the correct answer asks the next question. (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
what periodical that Buk appeared in could also appeal to botanists? (specify volume and number)

Well, there are the High Times issues, but since you specified one volume/number, that ain't it. Then there's the Evergreen Review, but again, more than one appearance. Just to let you know that there is often more than one answer to certain questions.

But really, my post is pointless, isn't it?

Way too late, so edited. Hmmm...nothing to do with the title. Good poser, Sir Hooch. I know a landscape architect who read Playboy. Right, read.:p

I gotta call bullshit on this one. My answer was GREAT. Entrails #2 had a nickle bag of weed in it. Get it? Botanist?

Still, I'm dying to hear James question, I just want props....

Bill

Bill, you get much props from me for knowing that! i'd be more than willing to give the question to you...

ok, here's one:
in what little 70's mag did buk draw sketches of all of the contributors, but not appear in?
bonus: what press published it?

This is not a great trivia question (mostly because I don't know the answer), but I figure someone here should know this. It's a question I've been trying to figure out anyway, so two birds, one stone, etc., etc. I'll ask a different question if no one can figure out what I'm talking about.

I remember reading a Buk quote once, and now I can't find it. He said something along the lines of how reading good poetry should be like dragging your hand through broken glass and coming out bloody. Anybody know the full quote and where can it be found?

I don't know the full quote but perhaps it can be found in
"Sunlight Here I Am"?

This may not be what you are looking for but this is from Buk's call for submissions for Laugh Literary:
"When I run my hand across a page of poetry I do not want oil and onionskin, I do not want slick bullshit; I want my hand to come away with blood on it. And God damn you if you are otherwise."

OK, I'll ask an EASY question but somebody else will have to decide if it's right or not since I won't be near a computer for the next few days...(Unless someone answers in the next few hours...)
Who was Buk's favorite Norwegian writer?

Here is another easy question:
How many times has Bukowski rewritten the screenplay Barfly?

I like Bill's answer on the botonist question.

A bit off topic, but has Cirerita contacted the publisher, Gene Bloom? I'd love to know if he actually put marijuana in the back of the magazine. I know that he (Bloom, not Abel) spent some time in prison...

Bill

Ok, bukfan.

Because ALL of you love Steve Richmond so much ;)

Richmond edited and published in the sixties a literary magazine.
Name the title of the magazine, in which issue Bukowski was published
AND what was the title of Bukowski's essay in the issue.
I will not ask which poems...

A bit off topic, but has Cirerita contacted the publisher, Gene Bloom? I'd love to know if he actually put marijuana in the back of the magazine. I know that he (Bloom, not Abel) spent some time in prison...
yeah, I talked to Bloom a few times re. Entrails and Bukowski. I never asked him about the marijuana bit because I had no idea about it. Will ask him next time. I've seen quite a few Entrails issues in different libraries but I never saw the marijuana you mention. However, I once won a bunch of High Times mags on eBay, and when I opened one of the issues, it was full of dry marijuana leaves. I bet they had been sitting there for 20 years or more :D

That's funny.

I had a roommate about 25 years ago who had a copy of one of Tim Leary's books on his shelf. One day I opened it and a full sheet of 100 hits of blotter acid fell out. He said that he thought it had probably been there for around ten years. He'd completely forgotten about it.

Going from memory, the magazine was Earth Rose, and the Buk essay had a long title having something to do with poetry, beer and life. I have a Xerox of it here somewhere...

We need to be accurate these days, David. Modern times you know, atomic age.
No, the title of the magazine is not Earth Rose. Not everything is gagaku.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back