the pothead thread (4 Viewers)

bongobill, my first impression is that you are ALL RIGHT, man. personally, though, I prefer the term ganja. i find that it turns one into a genius, grasping poetry, songs and movies with such beautiful, comfortable ease. it is a warm blanket around my soul. Viva NORML, viva GANJA!

Well, after livin' in these here United Snakes for all my fifty years, smoking for better than half that time, Holland looks pretty damn civilized to me. I'll never forget the week spent there, and will be a happy lad to return:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Paranoya

Came to conclusion (after some years) that I don't like the stuff. Switched to booze completely. I don't know why but hash and shit makes me paranoid. It was particularly scary when, after popping into that nice cozy caffee (those name I don't remember) I was walking down one of these cozy streets in downtown Amsterdam and I heard a prostitute shouting something really loud. I had no idea what she was shouting but it felt like she was shouting at me. I didn't dare to look over my shoulder but kept going.

dude
that's too bad

after some years of heavy drinking
i got tired of the puking
and the hangovers...
decided to quit the sauce
nevertheless
enjoy your booze
cheers

i'll be puffing up
some sweet local chronic
out in the garage

whoooooohooooo!!!!

CM52~Marijuana-Snack-Food-Posters.jpg

dude that's too bad

Got to agree with you there Bongo. No longer able to feed the beast with sauce, the ganga has remained a steady an reliable medicine for this cowboy. Helps with the writing, focus. Also, I tend to have more patience when pruning my beloved roses.

Guess it's different for all folks. People speak of the paranoia, I encountered those feelings when I first started to burn...some years ago now...I think it was during Nixon's first term...but no longer feel that way in a normal social situation. Of course, the ever-increasing police state surely doesn't help matters when it comes to the heebie-jeebies.

-See you in the garage

i don't smoke pot, but i thought i'd use this thread to point out to interested parties that there are, at the time of this writing, 420 threads in the "all things bukowski" forum.

i don't smoke pot, but i thought i'd use this thread to point out to interested parties that there are, at the time of this writing, 420 threads in the "all things bukowski" forum.

woooohoooo!

i"ll puff to that
:D

yoda_marijuana.jpg

i don't blame you
for not admitting that you smoke pot
on a free-to-the-public forum
your secret's safe with me

which brings to mind that
perhaps this thread belongs
in a more private...*cough, cough*...location

you're the mod

i realize most people in my age-group
have quit smoking weed
you should have seen the looks i got when i lit up
in the smoking area at my 30 year h.s. reunion
and then the remarks...pffft

go ahead
smoke your cigars
sip your merlot
i'll settle for a relaxing puff on my pipe
of california skunk weed
and give you all someone to look down upon

It's all about me. How embarrasing.

Man, not only don't I not do the weed, I don't even do the caffeine. I
really got no business in this thread.

However, i did have a drink named after me:

The Father Luke had I can't remember, I didn't drink one, but I think it had, like
creme de' menthe, heavy cream and kalua...

They were making fun of me in the bar 'cause i didn't drink, smoke, eat meat or drink coffee.
"Father Luke gave up flavors!"

So they invented that drink.

i'm outt'a here...
have fun!

- -
Okay,
Father Luke

I smoked weed for 8 years straight and i mean heavily smoked.I probably smoked about forty cones a day.Then one day out of the blue,my brain had had enough and i flipped out.Massive paranoia attacks.But not about other people,the paranoia was about my brain ,heart and lungs.It felt like there was a nest of spiders that just exploded on my brain and were running around biting the soft fleshy tissue.I continued to get this feeling towards the end of my smoking till i finally had to quit.To this day i still get that same feeling when i'm anxious.

you'd laugh at how much i smoke
such a minuscule amount

based upon my posts
you probably thought my consumption
is closer to what your's used to be
not the case, i assure you
i've got a business to run
as small as it may be
and a family to provide for

Happy Turkey Day

let's bake some pumpkin pies
(no pun intended)

hey
whatever it take #6
like the song goes

"...a friend in need is a friend indeed
a friend with weed is better..."

congratulations
i'm green with envy

Well...I don't know about hangin' with twenty five year old women, (my wife wouldn't have it anyway!) Those folks are in a different place I find, and I'd rather not be around baked, giggling youngsters.

When I can get my hands on the fine smoke, I prefer to use it alone. Out in the garden, working out plans for the Koi pond etc. Or wandering the forest, always a spiritual walk.

mmmmmm...
oatmeal spice cannacookies
straight from the oven

my first try at cooking with weed
and i must say: i like it
the high is good...mellow
and quite honestly
my lungs are not what they used to be

another contribution to the pothead thread: it occurred to me while i was at work the other day that a mayo heger needle holder (i work in a medical supply warehouse) would make a most excellent roach clip.

just throwin it out there.

my first try at cooking with weed
and i must say: i like it
the high is good...mellow

The high is mellow?

The three or four times that I ate weed the high was intense... after one particularly potent slice of birthday cake I seriously considered crawling to the emergency room to have my stomach pumped. I found out the next morning that my flatmate at the time spent the entire night with his head in the toilet.

I did make some hashberry muffins once that were quite good. The hashish was coarsely ground so that there were tiny chunks of it and the high came in waves as the chunks dissolved.

Ah, the good old days...

The high is mellow?

[...]

dude...sorry to hear.
overdose is never fun.
had either of you used alcohol
to wash down the chronic cake
on that fateful night?

thanks for the heads up
i'll be sure to follow the recipes closely
and consume with moderation

anyone ever try salvia?