Trivia part III (2 Viewers)

Drinking the fruit of the grapevine, to death, in a room where the window is covered by an oiled tablecloth to block the sunshine from coming in. ;)
Ha! Based on the hint this is clearly the best answer but sadly not the right one.

Suffering or drinking to block out the pain of suffering.
Soon to be Lolita's central theme if she keeps selling shit on ebay.

truth/reality
You can find reality in the answer though some would prefer not to.

Are you trying to answer the question? Or are you opening up to us? This is a trivia thread, hooch, not some I'm vulnerable tear-stained emo thread.

Thanks, Stavrogin! All we gotta do now, is to read the book. That should'nt take more than a few hours. :D

I think Buk mentioned something about describing the life of the blue collar workers. Is that it?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the question,
Someone once asked Bukowski, if he were to give a writing course, what would he have his students do?
What was his answer?

nope!
I remember him saying that drinking yourself silly wouldn't make someone a good writer.
Although, a fake ten year drunk would not exclude the right answer.
Try again.

Something about go play the horses?

you are getting hot, Hans.
Can you get more specific? Or, all you get is a blue star.:cool:

Bukfan, I'd say you're up ! Here is what he said.

"I'd send them all to the racetrack and force them to bet $5 on each race."
He also thinks that the diffusion of talent usually occurs among young writers in their twenties who don't have enough experience, who don't have enough meat to pick off the bone.
I quote:" you can't write without living and writing all the time is not living."

Black Swan, I don't know where you found that $5 bet quote, but I remembered something similar from the short story, "Goodbye Watson" ("Erections"/"Tales Of Ordinary Madness"), in which he says, "If I ever taught a class in creative writing, one of my prerequisites would be that each student must attend a racetrack once a week and place at least a 2 dollar win wager on each race...".

Okay, next question:

Where was the poem, "The Crunch", first published?

I asked the same question three years ago? Jezuz, my memory is failing me, but yours seems to be on top.
Yes, that's the answer! Your turn!

That's right! You have a good memory. Anyway, your turn!

No title to this one; it's in the final issue, The Marvin Malone Festschrift (145/146):

MALONE, MALONE
THE DIRTY OLD
CRONE, WE ALL
THROW HIM THE
POETRY
BONE.

There may be more than one answer to this, so I'll be the impartial judge Hathorne. There is a specific answer to this one, however.

What did Buk cite as his main reason for hating travel?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back