When was the last time you were drunk (1 Viewer)

Well, I had a pretty interesting experience this weekend. I blacked out during my friend's house warming party and woke up going to work on someone's breast. Much to my surprise it was someone I was told that same night that she had a crush on me (which I was up until that point completely unaware of). The funniest part I guess was the fact that I didn't even question the fact that it was happening, but I just kept going at it until I blacked out again. I'm not sure what happened (I may have still been awake for all I know), but I woke up the next morning around 11, I guess, and bolted to my other friend's house next door because I thought she was someone else.

Ah, personally not a huge fan of pumpkin flavored beers :) However, it's not bad-most shipyard beers I thoroughly enjoy. Their general export is a favorite. Also a big fan of gritty's beers. (also portland, me) they make a really nice stout, called black fly stout.

sunday december third - had two beers at a place i go to called the black forest (german place) - then drank a bottle of gewurztraminer in about two hours or less. talking with a friend - then i made a couple of phone calls - then the lights went out - and i woke in the morning not remembering much of anything said. all day there in that bed. i just felt empty. ate two spring rolls that id purchased the previous day. i was spaced and empty. a rather inneresting feeling. i believe that drunks need their hangovers as badly as they need the actual intoxication. they need the experience of de-toxification. a cleansing ritual. anyway - im on my thrid beer now. let the times that are good roll.

peace , paul

New Years I drank probably a half a bottle of champagne (James Cook or something like that), a whole lot of beer, and some shots of bad rum and maybe tequila, too. I feel asleep in a tent (after puking about a dozen times) thinking about Star Trek. What a night.

to answer the question. The last time I drank I found myself playing cards with a bunch of MEXICANS drinking TEQUILA in a some shack-like structure in GUADALAJARA. After waking in bed with one of the brides maids and having the fucking GIGANTIC HANGOVER my stupid ass went down to the kitchen only to realize that i had panties around my neck....the mom then put two and two together!!!! F"N DISASTER. I gave new meaning to the the term, "Ugly American"...I guess I get pass because I was born in CHILE.

New Years I drank probably a half a bottle of champagne (James Cook or something like that), a whole lot of beer, and some shots of bad rum and maybe tequila, too. I feel asleep in a tent (after puking about a dozen times) thinking about Star Trek. What a night.

your stories are vivid reminders
of why i quit drinking

thanks for sharing

i once heard or read somewhere (possibly in connection with b) that real drinkers, or rather, alcoholics don't brag about their drinking. possibly because the drink is the one in control.

the last time i was drunk - or to customize the question slightly - the last time i was really drunk was New Years evening. it was in Scotland. probably imbibed something approaching two bottles of spirit. some beer. eh. the white light of John Barleycorn!

In which poem does Buk talk about the alcoholics abilty to have endurance?
I'm thinking it was Sep. Stew but I'm not sure....

Last edited by a moderator:
you reminded me of possibly b's most famous line, "endurance is more important than truth." it is mouthed by chinaski, in barfly, as a kind of defense of drunks. but i like to believe b concieved of it in terms of his own, life-long struggle to be the writer he knew he was. that's it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I made the mistake of putting my card behind the bar last night.

I'm pretty sure some of the local barflys may have taken advantage of this, I had a budget of £40 a week till pay day

Its now about £10 :(

i once heard or read somewhere (possibly in connection with b) that real drinkers, or rather, alcoholics don't brag about their drinking. possibly because the drink is the one in control.

You make a good point there...that's why I take some time off away from the boose every once and a while, just to let them know who's in charge.

I'm in one of those periods now. I was enjoying my gin a little too much last Monday night after work, and well, I just kept enjoying it. Usually I switch over to beer at some point to slow down the process, but after the good Bombay at home I was off to the bar (I mistakenly thought it was Tuesday and the cheap Irish beer night). Well, Mondays are cheap rail drinks, so instead of beer I switched to cheap gin.

I spent the next couple days picking up the pieces. So, now I am reestablishing who's the boss.

You make a good point there...that's why I take some time off away from the boose every once and a while, just to let them know who's in charge.

I'm in one of those periods now. I was enjoying my gin a little too much last Monday night after work, and well, I just kept enjoying it. Usually I switch over to beer at some point to slow down the process, but after the good Bombay at home I was off to the bar (I mistakenly thought it was Tuesday and the cheap Irish beer night). Well, Mondays are cheap rail drinks, so instead of beer I switched to cheap gin.

I spent the next couple days picking up the pieces. So, now I am reestablishing who's the boss.

It's like any good relationship. You have to make yourself look vulnerable occasionally and then freeze them out to show them who's boss. Or maybe that's a terribly draining relationship, I forget.

"It's like any good relationship. You have to make yourself look vulnerable occasionally and then freeze them out to show them who's boss. Or maybe that's a terribly draining relationship, I forget."

Ninjerk - brilliant!!

the last time i was REALLY drunk was just before xmas. it was pretty bad... i went to see this band play, (i've been sleeping with the guitarist for a few months) but i was on my own as my friend who was supposed to meet me there never turned up. i'd already had a bottle of wine before i even left the house. anyway, this guy is really smart, witty and talented, and i really admire and respect him. but i'm not terribly good in social situations... and i got uber-paranoid that he would think i was being too full-on, just turning up at his gig all on my own, like some kinda groupie... so i drank loads of red wine to compensate for my total lack of self-confidence and ended up shit-faced.
all this was worsened by the fact that he was quite sober. and then he told me he wasn't coming home with me at the end of the night. feeling completely humiliated and rejected, i decided to make things even worse for myself and ended up taking home some friend-of-friend who was a complete asshole and left me barely able to walk the next day... and i forgot to mention that i also made-out with a female friend of the guy i'm seeing. totally not my normal behaviour when i'm drinking.

i felt pretty traumatised the next day, and knew i'd gone too far. so i've been staying at home to do my drinking, where i'm less likely to embarass myself.

jesus, i just re-read my post... hope it's not too full-on, but we're all friends here, right?? ;)

"....to pass the time he
imagined her
spread like a map"

possibly one of the best similes i have ever encountered :)

i'm at work, which is the only place i have internet access, so my net-surfing is sporadic at best. however, i've just bought my first ever computer and i'm hoping to get *connected* sometime this week... then i intend to pore over this site and your blogspot with religious devotion :)

i really only got a chance to glance at your website but that line really stayed with me. it's really quite beautiful and sexy.;)

last night.
i came home from a stressful week of finals
to my mom asking me if i wanted some drinks.
of course i said yes.
dancing followed.
then an early morning class. ouch.

a couple of days ago my flatmates (3 guys) and i were drinking. i went to bed early, and found out the next day that they had gone to strip club, where one of their friends had proceeded to vomit all over the face and chest of one of the dancers...

now there's a story to tell your grandkids...

Tonight was Super Bowl Reunion Night at the local pub - four of us who hadn't seen each other since that fateful game. Good spirits all around, including Jameson, Harp, and etc..

And that was the last/current time I was drunk since before I intended to post here drunk before - Huh ? - Whatever - .....

Saw a great jazz-fusion band tonight here in Chicago called "Steak Fries Reprise" ( Trumpet/Sax/Keys/Guitar/Drums )
Very Spyro-Gyro/Yellow Jackets/Frank Zappa influenced songs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back