Alright, here's some bands you NEED to junk up your iPod with:

Spacemen 3
Brian Jonestown Massacre
Bowie's "Diamond Dogs" and, yes of course, "Ziggy Stardust.."
Joy Division
Bob Dylan's "Basement Tapes"
Gram Parsons
Lee Hazlewood, especially "A Requiem for an Almost Lady"
the GO(They hail from Detroit. check out their myspace.)
www.myspace.com/thegodetroit

anyway, that's it for now. Perhaps throw in some Chet Baker or Dizzy Gillespie for good measure.

Alright, here's some bands you NEED to junk up your iPod with:

Hey Magic. The idea of this thread is to post 1 track by 1 band, which you feel would be a fine addition to a random listeners (or Jimmy Snerp's) iPod/generic mp3 player.

Ideally, we'd like a link to the said song on a public site like YouTube or Last.fm. Please don't link to any privately hosted mp3 that would be an obvious copyright issue. Oh and if you number your track that helps too :)

So, from your list, who and what are you gonna pick?

10. Echo & the Bunnymen - Over the wall (1981 or so.)

I almost forgot on them. Some will say, that's a good sign...
It seems they gave a concert in Amsterdam a few days ago.
The crazy interviews with singer Ian McCulloch are legendary.
They wanted fame, like u2, but they failed.
The albums Crocodiles and Heaven up here are still ok
if you listen to them once a year.

12. "" - Richard Cheese

Any track by Richard Cheese, really.

People equals Shit by Slipknot, turned into an easy listening lounge music track.
I think even Hank would smile at that.

I recall from The Captain is out to Lunch, and I paraphrase: "When you mix people you don't get salad, you just get shit".

hehe...

Imagine Buk sitting on a Greyhound bus heading somewhere in 1942,
iPod in shirt pocket listening to this:

Saturday August 16 2008

Legendary folk singer Ronnie Drew has died at the age of seventy-three, after a lengthy illness.

It's understood the founding member of the Dubliners passed away this afternoon at St. Vincent's hospital in Dublin.

Born in Dublin in September 1934, Ronnie Drew founded the group that would later be known as the Dubliners in 1962 and he also went on to pursue a solo career from 1995.

He recorded with many artists including Christy Moore and The Pogues and in August 2006 his handprints were added outside the Gaiety Theatre in Dublin.

Two years ago, it emerged he was undergoing treatment for cancer.

As his health declined, a number of famous Irish musicians released a song called "The Ballad of Ronnie Drew" as a tribute to him.

His wife Deirdre died last year. He is survived by his two children and five grandchildren.

6. Ronnie Drew - The young man who used to be me

7. Pink Floyd - Embryo (8/8/70 @ St. Tropez Music Festival)

Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that portions of this recording may cause permanent brain damage.

Sorry, the previous link cuts the end off. This one is missing about a minute at the beginning, but has most of the ending (but bugger if the bass doesn't cut out at the re-intro after the spacy bit!):

Well, I saw Neil Young conclude his Eurotour last night.
Awesome, this dude can write AND perform!
The new songs seemed promising too.
So...
8. Neil Young:

6. Syd Barrett - Dominoes

Rules-schmules.... I'm playing again... (this week's bonus tracks ;))

9. The Pink Floyd - Interstellar Overdrive
(I'm pretty sure this is the version from 'Tonite Let's All Make Love In London')

10.) Butthole Surfers - Pepper
[This video is unavailable.]

thanks, vodka

full version:
[This video is unavailable.]

Hey you show-off techno wizards with your magic video links... what about music the way it was supposed to happen ?

In the imagination.

Great minds think alike. I made a link. Jimmy Snerp did say J. Giles was the (what should we say??) bomb.

13 needs to be changed to: Turtles
:D should look for the version with Frank Zappa and the Mothers.

Allow me to knit-pick that - except for their first single, 'Tears of a Clown', The Beat were on their own Go Feet label, and not 2 Tone. :cool:

Themes from Thatcher's Britain eh? Top stuff.

Still waiting for the rumoured Specials reunion.

Allow me to knit-pick that - except for their first single, 'Tears of a Clown', The Beat were on their own Go Feet label, and not 2 Tone. :cool:

i stand corrected, hank solo. Amy Winehouse is a kind of caricature of the label's female dancing logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back