Buk Trivia... Answerer becomes next Questioner (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow David - bingo. How'd you find that out? I asked the question because there's a picture in the photo section of Bukowski sitting in front of his monitor with Claris Works on screen, and I had no idea if someone else had noticed it. I should have guessed that others were way ahead of me. Good going. Ur up.

Name That Tune

.....Vanna wrote fair poetry but she didn't know how to talk. I was always trying to get her to talk, to bring her out of that silence, so I always tried to shock her.
"God," I said, "I have real hot nuts tonight. They feel like burning coals filled with cocoanut juice."
Vanna just looked at me with those wide blue eyes and lifted her beer-bottle and stuck the end of it into her mouth.
"Suction," I said, "suck. Suck. I feel like I'm gonna come in my shorts right now."
I watched the beer run into her mouth.
"I'd eat your shit out of a milk bottle just to get my drill into you."
"Bukowski, you just talk that way because you think you're a great poet."
"You just get that milk bottle."
Vanna just looked at me.

What Bukowski story is this from?

Cirerita only gave a hint. As soon as I get my copy -anyday now according to the UPS tracking report- I'll find out what you need to know........................

According to Bukowski, who invented the Easter Bunny and which poem is this from?

Bonus question Where and when did he write this poem?

We all know it was at night.;)

Hello! Doesn't anyone want to play? Let me know if you need a hint.

;) I guess hank solo isn't allowed to play 'cause he's so good.

The poem was: The Doorman

And according to Bukowski
the easter bunny was invented by: The Doorman

For extra credit: He wrote this poem in the Lobby.

Here is the next question:

Who's shoes are these?

2947880683_c3586d57d7_o.jpg

Manny Hyman?

If I got that right, I only got that little part of it right, though. I have no idea about the other parts of the question...

Bill has it.
And Billville, but Billville didn't have the name.

In the spirit of fairness:

My answer, in order to get to this question. . .
the extra credit response? May have been off a wee bit.

- -
Okay,
Father Luke

According to Bukowski, who invented the Easter Bunny and which poem is this from?

Bonus question Where and when did he write this poem?

We all know it was at night. ;)

(thanks to Gerard K H Love for the question)

image.php

The poem was: The Doorman
I am not aware of the poem "The Doorman" . The poem I got my answer from was not published, according to this web site. Yes he wrote it at night. There is a correct answer to the questions.
So, the question still stands, on it's own two-or four- feet. Thank you try again.

Wow, that was an impressive unhijacking of a very valiant attempt to hijack the question! That Easter Bunny is gonna keep plaguing us! Hey, Father Luke, try again! That Corgi guy is InCorrgigible! :)

What are the words of that poem? Maybe the one I found here at giant Bukowski dot Net is a rewrite. Or maybe he has two answers to the question.

Maybe a hint is needed.

Father Hyman is yanking yer chain, GKHL.

Somebody had a cupa coffee here several months back asking about a mysterious, alleged Buk story named The Doorman that apparently never existed.

It was written when he lived on Carlton in the spring before he moved to San Pedro. There was going to be a fight in Vegas. It is in this web site which is my only source when I ask a question from work because my books are at home.
Now this just a scavenger hunt.

was the fight (but the date entered on Youtube is wrong - cryptic huh :D)

Where is the line about who invented the Easter Bunny? Come on it's a huge clue. He mentions the Pennsylvania Dutch as well. The date on the YouTube that was provided by the amazing hank solo is off by one year from the date I have.

Shall we take you by the hand?

In a decently, manly kind of way, I hope. Give me a little while to come up with a question. Be gentle, it's my first time.

You mean first time to be decently manly?

Here's a question you could ask, "what brand of ink was used to publish Pig in a Pamplet"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back