Buk Trivia... Answerer becomes next Questioner (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, as early as April 1970 those "leftover" poems were put aside for a different book which would come out some years later. Which was the title of that book?

Since Days was published in 1969 and since I'm guessing a majority of those "leftover" poems probably had to do with Jane, I'm going to guess "Burning in Water, Drowning in Flame" which is selected poems from 1955 through 1973.

yep... though I think someone picked up those leftovers from the editing floor and used them for Fire Station.

I certainly didn't know Play the Piano had been 9 years in the making, so to speak.

Attachments

• Martin70 4 25.JPG
    Martin70 4 25.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 222
Damn fine question and answer Cirerita. Give me just few minutes to come up with a question that will work ... thanks.

Easy to look up better if already known-
One of my favorite shorts by Buk is Class.
After knocking out Papa, Henry is asked a series of questions including:
"What do you do?"
"What is your occupation?"
"Do you have a hobby?"
What are the answers he gives?

maybe not the greatest question but when you are at work what are you supposed do, eh?

yep... though I think someone picked up those leftovers from the editing floor and used them for Fire Station.

I certainly didn't know Play the Piano had been 9 years in the making, so to speak.
Those early (pre-1970) books and magazine appearances are interesting, you can see that not many poems went to waste. They were used and reused and published all over the place.

So did Bukowski do more self-editing pre-1970, or did the flow just increase that much once he quit the post office? Or both. ;)

Please respond soon, I am writing a paper for school and need the answers!

ok, who chose the poems which appeared in The Outsider #1, the very same poems which caught Martin's eye and made him think Bukowski was the modern Whitman?

Ha! I thought so until this morning... but no, the poems were chosen by a different person, and those poems "blew Jon and Lou away"

According to Miles bio it was Sherman who put Buk in contact with the webbs, so I would guess that Sherman also chose the poems?

yep, Sherman was the culprit ;) If Sherman hadn't chosen those poems, then Martin wouldn't have read them, then BSP would have never come into life, then... you know the drift.

Ok, here we go. One of the first critical articles on Bukowski was published in Northwest Review. Who wrote it?

Ha! Ha! The things you haven't seen, Bill... read the message I just sent to your email address!!!

I have'nt seen this pic before either. I would guess it's from The Buk Book, by christy...

Last edited by a moderator:
nope both.

hint: it appeared in 1978 in a mag run by three women who asked Bukowski to sent them a pic of him naked.... along with two poems which were also published.

is that for real??? that's fucking hilarious! seriously, cirerita, is that for real?

I'm afraid it's for real ;) According to the three female editors, Buk was only too happy to send them that pic for Mr. February.

wow. well, i always did think of him as heroic, but this is a little extreme :D

wow, this thread took a turn for the worst.
nobody likes to scroll down and see cocks just lurking around. at least buk had the decency to make sure his couldnt be seen.

Hi Cirerita,
As you gave that one away, I bounce the ball back into your court. Please give us another one. I am drawing a blank and fear that I will come up with another one along the lines of " is Buk left handed?"

Best,
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back