Buk Trivia... Answerer becomes next Questioner (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roni will translate it!
No need to translate it all. A rough idea will do.

sorry I was away so long, kids.

it's about Montfort being Buks "best photographer and a friend". About the 'Shakespeare'-book (in German: 'Die Ochsentour') and that it just came out as a paperback-edition and Montfort now (back then) working on a new book about Buk, called 'Horsemeat'. They close with the remark that there isn't a German publisher for that one yet.

Thanks, bongobill! - Ok, this question should be fairly easy for some of you:

In 1969 Buk gave an inscribed copy of "At Terror Street And Agony Way" to a fellow poet. The inscribtion read, "You too have lived on the terror streets of our turdy world. To know you has been grace." - Who was the poet?

Nope, not Micheline or Pleasants (who's he? ;)) either...

Last edited by a moderator:
No, not Richmond either...I did'nt think it would be that hard to figure out. Oh well, the possibilities are getting fewer...

No, not Corrington either. - There can't be many left to choose from now...

No, he would'nt! BINGO!! - It was Harold Norse! Your turn c...!

ok, who's with B. in both pics? And where were they published?

pic1kf7.jpg

I've always liked the one with the dustbin lid.

Not that I can remember.

There's a rumour, very unsubstantiated, that one of Madonna's former boyfriends (there were many) beat the crap out of her and raped her at least once.

She did nothing because she recovered and didn't want any bad publicity.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

This may be in the wrong thread, but as good an actor as Penn is, I prefer Rourke as a person because he's a working-class stiff who came up from nowhere. From Brooklyn.
Penn is the Beverly Hills-bred rich son of a famour director and actress.

Rourke: From the Streets.
Penn: Rich kid.

And to think that Buk befriended the private school Bel-Air, Malibu punk...
And yeah, both are "boxers". Rourke would DESTROY Penn in a Norman Mailerish instant. Penn's opponent's have been somewhat less difficult to manage.

'VISCERAL " is a mildly interesting but greatly flawed book. Ben writes TOTAL drivel about his own boring and essentially worthless life, jobs, girlfriends and travels.

The interesting parts are Buk's mom's death certificate and the headstone photograph of Grandmother Nanette. These seem to be genuine. Is anyone here aware of any forging or doctoring that may have taken place? The rest of the book seems to be made up of lies and distortions. "Old eunuch" indeed.

a wild guess
(because of the pleasants reference/hint)
i've never seen the book
nor do i care to

The book is in my hands and I can see no snaps of Penn or Madonna in it. Ben makes some good points about Richmond the Jackass.

Was what "Charles Bukowski: Locked in the arms of a Crazy Life"? There is no mention in Sounes of Buk's maternal grandmother. A schocking omission for what is regarded as the best of the biographies. Actually, it is the only TRUE biography, the rest being mostly self-serving memoirs.

Actually, GAYLORD (his real name) Brewer wrote a fine literary biography, but he left out all the funny parts.

No pics of Madonna in either Sounes, Pleasants or Harrison.

I seem to have lost the thread of this "thread".

yep! Actually, both pics appear in the Dec. 1987 German Playboy issue, alongside the interview conducted by Penn.

Rourke: From the Streets.
Penn: Rich kid.

And to think that Buk befriended the private school Bel-Air, Malibu punk...
And yeah, both are "boxers". Rourke would DESTROY Penn in a Norman Mailerish instant.
Rourke is much more "Hollywood" than Penn, whatever their roots may be. In a fight? Ha - I wouldn't bet on Rourke. Maybe you're forgetting those pictures of Penn chasing a photographer through the street and clubbing him over the head with a big rock. That doesn't mean he's a good fighter, it means he's out of his fucking mind.

I'd rather fight a boxer than a lunatic, any day. ;)

the pic bongo has showed us was in "Das War's. Letzte Worte mit Charles Bukowski" btw.

And yeah, I bet Penn can go really WILD. And he's a fine actor too. Rourke may have been a fighter once, but when it comes to a fight between mjp and one of his correspondents, I wouldn't call Rourke for help these days.

...when it comes to a fight between mjp and one of his correspondents, I wouldn't call Rourke for help these days.
Ha. I think my correspondent finally got tired of threatening me. He seems to have stopped. If he shows up on my doorstep and I have to shoot him, I'll let you know how it goes. ;)

Then again, he may shoot me first, in which case I bequeath administration of the forum to Benjamin Pleasants.

Yay America!

I gave a part of the answer ( Sean Penn ) so i will step in to let it flow.

What was Bukowski's first alter ego called ?

of course not!

Well a hint because it's christmas - the name was mentioned in a story of
Matrix magazine in 1946.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back