Buk Trivia... Answerer becomes next Questioner (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't happen to have a copy of the complete story do you, Petey?

You don't have it? I thought everyone had a copy of the 1947 Matrix lying around... ;)

"Notes of a Dirty Old Man" was not the only generically titled columns/stories B. wrote for mags and papers. To my knowledge, there were -at least- two other columns/stories with a generic title. One of them is so obscure that I don't think anyone on this forum knows the title, but the other one appeared several times in a girlie mag which is more accesible. Which was the title of that other column/story?

I heard of " The Adventures of Clarence H. Sweetmeat " printed in L.A. Free Press from a crazy spanish guy on this forum.

You're techinically right as Sweetmeat was sort of a regular column for a while, but I was thinking of columns/stories with text only, not comic strips.

the hairy elbow?

seriously, you should just put up another question, since you've given the answer.
I think that might be what we are all really waiting for.

you got us on that one.

I'm running out of easy questions :D

ok, Bukowski was interviewed a lot of times, but he also conducted a couple of interviews -maybe more. In one of them, he interviewed himself -huh?- and in the other one he interviewed the Great Editor. This interview was publilshed. When and where?

Free Thought Volume II, Issue 1

"¢ Free Thought Volume II, Issue 1, 2000.
Gary Aposhian, editor (and lots of supporting editorial staff). Free Thought Publications, P.O. Box 238671, Encinitas, CA 92023. Subscription: $10.00 for four issues. Email: [email protected]

This particular issue is titled: Resurrection issue including a retrospective of Charles Bukowski, interviews, short stories, photography and artwork all a tribute to Hank's eightieth birthday. And a great tribute it is. Happy Birthday Charles B. This issue for sure is a must for all of us who honor the name Bukowski. I can only imagine that someplace an amusing, confident, contented smile would be cracked by King Charles the Buk. I hope he tips a beer. Most interesting to me, I learned from the material within. And spread out about the issue are poems by Bukowski that saw first appearance in Marvin Malone's monument of a literary magazine, the fantastic Wormwood Review. Malone was a life-long publisher of Bukowski's work, among many, many others. Within this Free Thought issue are interviews with John Martin, Gerald Locklin, Michael Montfort and articles and short stories by friends, like John Thomas, and a very interesting piece by William Parkard, editor of The New York Quarterly. The issue also features a very long interview with Linda Bukowski and a piece called The First Time I Read Bukowski by Free Thought editor Gary Aposhian. And there are Bukowski drawings and a re-publication of 20 tanks from Kasseldown and lots of photographs not before published. A dream, a dream for sure for Charles Bukowski fans, readers, scholars, and fans and friends. For Sure.

As I said, just a guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wake up guys! Or don't :)

Next question.

What's the name of Buk's & Linda's cat who was already 21 years old in 1999 or 2000?

i was gonna guess 54. so that IS my guess, i guess. if i recall it's mentioned in women? i haven't had time to look just yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back