New Trivia Thread - First with the correct answer asks the next question. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!

(I think it's the first time I ask a question that is not answered to within a few minutes, I'm happyyyyyyyyyyyyyy !!! :D )

okay, what did bukowski and 'charismatic' serial killer ted bundy have in common?

They were both handsome.

Ok, no idea. I believe Bundy Ted studied law
so that is not what they had in common.
Still no idea.

Their names start with 'Bu' and they had dealings with multiple women in the 70s. What a horrible person to compare to. Oh, and Ted Bundy was in Philadelphia in the 50s.

Charismatic, yes. The documentary I've shown depicted him as an attractive man. The kind of guy who approached girls with so nice manners to ask them for help that it was impossible to refuse. I would have fallen in his trap easily, I like helping people and I'm very sensitive to good-mannered men (a so rare specie).

I'm thinking to his father. He's unknown but some hypothesis exist. Some say that Bundy is the result of an incest. Other pretend that the father was a former military, like Bukowski senior.

nope. jeez, i didn't realize they had so much in common.
Indeed :D

Last edited by a moderator:
They both drove Volkswagens.
hey! you got it! well done.

I would have fallen in his trap easily, I like helping people and I'm very sensitive to good-mannered men
where can we meet? and do you have a spare tire-iron and rope i could borrow?

apparently he grew up being told his mother was his sister cause he was illegitimate. i guess it all went downhill after that.

Yeah, a new question including a psycho ! :D

where can we meet? and do you have a spare tire-iron and rope i could borrow?
Hum...let me see...
What about the Bois de Boulogne, at the exact place where Issei Sagawa left the two suitcases containing what remained of the body of the Dutch girlfriend he partially ate ? Such a romantic setting for a first (and last) meeting !

apparently he grew up being told his mother was his sister cause he was illegitimate. i guess it all went downhill after that.
Yes, and his grand-parents were said to be his parents.

I forgot.

Okay, here's something very remedial. What was the actual name of the store Bukowski worked at after High School. The one Chinaski worked at in Ham on Rye.

Nobody was anymore surprised than I when Mears-Starbuck phoned and asked me to report to work the next Monday.

Gerard, is that a trick question? Do you mean "Sears Roebuck" , i.e. the "actual name"....OK, define "actual" or "real" in Buk's work vs. "imaginary"....You have 20 seconds!....

Name that Poem

Colyngbourne crossed a King with a poem
and inherited new gallows on Tower Hill,
and they cut him down while he still bubbled
and tore out his disenchanted bowels
and tossed them in the fire by his side
where they sputtered and curled like live snakes,
and the butcher put his hand into the hole
of his body
and moved the fingers
like a suckling red spider,
(and the trees stood watching without comment
and a bird flew by
wings-to-body, wings-out
bouncing boundless in the sky
like a rock thrown downhill...

What is the title of this poem, featured recently on one of the Buknet postings?

I just found this, it sums up Henry Chinaski quite well. Where is it from?

I am not a very nice man. I don't know the world. I have always admired the villain, the outlaw, the son of a bitch. I don't like the clean shaven boy with the necktie and the good job. I like desperate men, men with broken teeth and broken minds and broken ways. They interest me. They are full of surprises and explosions. I also like vile women, drunk cursing bitches with loose stockings and sloppy mascara faces. I'm more interested in perverts than saints. I can relax with bums because I am a bum. I don't like laws, morals, religions, rules. I don't like to be shaped by society.

There has been some comments by people that believe they are the opposite of Bukowski. The above lines reminded me of that belief.
Where did I read this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back