What are you drinking? (5 Viewers)

Well its friday, and this hard-working family man has gotten himself a 6 pack of tall Ballantine Ales (with a Steel reserve back-up just in case). Wife and daughter are out of town (grandma), me and the boy are inhaling pizza. He's 9. we'll play some chess, and he'll move on to the video games...and I'll have another can.

Damn Slimedog, I haven't had a Black Russian since I tended bar at the Red Lobster in 1986 (finge benefits)...but yer makin me thirsty for one (or three). Of course I'd have to splurge on TWO bottles, Kahlua and Vodka right? Whats your recipe?

Damn Slimedog, I haven't had a Black Russian since I tended bar at the Red Lobster in 1986 (finge benefits)...but yer makin me thirsty for one (or three). Of course I'd have to splurge on TWO bottles, Kahlua and Vodka right? Whats your recipe?

It's supposed to be one shot of Vodka and one of Kahlua but to save money I put in half a shot a lot of times.

I don't like milk much so white russians are out for me.

Earlier some merlot from Chile, and now Murphy's Irish stout.

you must be a 'hoser' with that on the beer list...:D

btw - love your avatar - that painter's a freak!

dorian.JPG

Indeed, if ever there was a perfect painter for the portrait of our man Bukowski it would have been Albright. Too bad that didnt get arranged. But we got Dorian Gray. We can pretend thats Buk.

Had a Tecate beer and a magarita with my self-made ground turkey tacos tonight.

Receipe for magarita: 1 oz. tequila
1 oz. cointreu
1 oz. orange juice
splash of lime juice
a little sugar
ice cubes

JD and beer back tonight.

I'm very sorry for what follows. if anything. I rarely live up to my promise.

do I have to come over there and show you how it's done!?!

dammit woman, get working!!!

Oh, I'm working on it presently! It was so god-damn cold here last night, that even the wine couldn't keep me out of bed. I watched 'Big Trouble in Little China'-fell asleep before it was over(bummer, I know), woke up at 4am, ate a cupcake and went back to bed. Now, I'm ready to go!!!CRB:)

Sat down at the computer, wrote a bit, deleted a bit, edited a bit, got thirsty a bit...
Broke out the bicycle and rode to the liquor store, came back, saw my neighbors, chatted, stopped at our corner pub, argued politics, drank Harp's (bottled), listened to a range of CD's submitted to the corner pub for upcoming gigs, did a shot of Jameson, rode back home, cracked another bottle of Harp's and began typing.....here I am

With supper at the mother-in-law's house with the 5 liter box of Merlot. Went to fill the 1/2 glass to the top and used the bottle water dispenser on accident. Drank it quickly down added more wine it wasn't right slammed that and filled it back up. Ate supper and had another glass. I still won at cards. More wine.

hurricanemaltbottle.jpg

This is a Hurricane. And American classic. 1.80 for 40 oz. Its effectiveness accompanies a non-committal flavor in a blast of joy that never lets you down. It has many brothers and sisters. I would compare it to the british Special Brew made by Carlsberg if I must refer the europeans. It is not found except in special communities where its tradition is sufficiently appreciated and honored.

translation : it's ghetto-beer - really strong, really cheap, you can get pretty whipped with one bottle for less than a dollar or totalled for a couple of $$. unfortunately, i'm speaking from experience. colt 45 was my go-to drink of this variety till i had to go back to shall i say more 'civilized' drinking fare.

One of the benefits of anebriation is that it allows for a glorious, though temporary, shedding of "civility", an unburdening of accumulated "upstanding", and a relinquishing to the unknown of our "good sense". So, regardless of the label, its ALL ghetto or ALL snot...some, thankfully, are a little cheaper than others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back