What are you drinking? (6 Viewers)

translation: it's ghetto-beer - really strong, really cheap, you can get pretty whipped with one bottle for less than a dollar or totalled for a couple of $$. unfortunately, i'm speaking from experience. colt 45 was my go-to drink of this variety till i had to go back to shall i say more 'civilized' drinking fare.

I knew that Billy Dee Williams was a Buk fan!

If Buk was into Malt liquor he would have mentioned it. Because once you've enjoyed that, and become accustomed to its undesireableness and longed for its UNdrinkablility, you are ruined. Regualr cheap beer is just water and all other beers that taste good will not be trusted to accomplish the task. And Even when your fancy friend hands you an 18% Belgian treat...you will be wishing it was a Country Club or a Ballantine or a Hoffenreffer...or a Midnight Dragon. Because there is comfort and glee in those places.
So Buk probably avoided the stuff...because Chinaski knew nothing of it from what I've read.

After a hard drinking week I was ready to pause, but got some good news so I had a big can Fosters, a shot jagermeister and a Tecate. I swear I'm gonna be good the rest of the week.:rolleyes:

I am sure I speak for everyone here when I say we would like to see pictures of both the band and the pageant.

No need to opologize, it truly was all my pleasure.

Alas, the photos from the pagent have been confiscated by the FBI-I would describe myself as looking quite like Justine if she was all dolled up.

I like the giant cans of the Labatts Ice...black can I think. and the Molson Ice is always cheap, comes in the bottle too, so I can bring it over to people's house without getting banned.

Tonight I made no effort. A 40 oz Steel Reserve, backed-up by a 24 oz Steel reserve. The creativity had been spent on a 500lb iron rat-trap titled "Pest Control". Another lawn ornament. The wife did not find it funny, nor does she the beer.

Mr. S:

Here's a fond piece of drunken memorabilia. Not that that would relate to Sir Charles in the least bit...or this thread, mind you.

After making a left (hard to port) from the Atlantic Ocean, and sailing down the St. Lawrence Seaway to Montreal "” stuck on a sober ship with fellow imbibers for a few weeks, I luckily docked in Montreal. I'll never forget, the Molson Export (cool logo) there had something like 2X give or take the alcohol content of the same label in the good ole USA.

Er, Did I say forget, remember? :eek: The Export was that good, back then. Probably still is today...

Cheers.

Pax

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheap Puerto Rican rum and American Coca-Cola combine to make a multi-national corporation that out-performs all the others. At least in my liver...

Well....I have just finished my second mug of piping hot tea of the day and it's almost 11am and a Friday which means it'll be about three more teas and a coffee or two before I can get home & crack into some cool bottles of Peroni, Italian style. Mmmm...Peroni, such a fine beer!

Well my life is nothing BUT special occasions and various downers. So theres no way a bottle of ANYTHING sticks around. No matter how putrid or fine. Fridge is ALWAYS beerless and theres never a damn thing under the sink or hidden anywhere. Because it gets drank.

Tonight I splurged for a 4 dollar 24 oz bottle of Sierra Nevada 12th Release Harvest Wet Hop Ale (beause I liked the way the bottle looked). I backed it up with the cheapest half-pint of rum available...I cant even recall the name (its drained and gone now, wrapped-up and charading as regular trash in the can). In retrospect, The beer should have been a Hurricane.

Wow Dude! You don't recycle?
All booze in my house must be hidden. No, not because of the 3 teenagers-
my Mother will drink it. God bless er'. CRB:)

Five of these
st_paulie-girl.jpg

and a shot of this:
crown-royal-purple.jpg

...at my bosses Super Bowl party.

Friends over tonite. Had to go with something stomachable. Decided on Sierra Nevada. Its got some pop and is properly priced for social consumption (9.69 a sixer, egads!). I hid a 24 oz Steel Reserve and a nipper of Jameson in the attic and in the barn (a suppliment for me. Accessible throughout the evening). I'll get my due and the designated drivers wont feel any peer pressure to keep up.

"One must be drunk always...If you would not feel the horrible burden of Time that breaks your shoulders and bows you to the earth, you must intoxicate yourself unceasingly. But with what? With wine, poetry, or with virtue, your choice. But intoxicate yourself." Charles Baudelaire.

after coming home drunk from white wine, i started to mix a sloppy version of a GIMLET, pouring gin and pressing just the right amount of juice right out of a lime.

What kind of white wine, Roni? Do you like the Bernkastler like Hank?

In this case, it was the cheapest wine of the house, an Italian called Soave. That's because I'm usually drinking on a budget.

Haven't tried the Bernkasteler so far.
But in general, I do like German white wines. Though this statement hardly makes sense, since there are so many different types of them.

Let me put it that way:
I like a Riesling (from the Rhine), when it doesn't have too much acid.
I like Müller-Thurgau (from Franconia) sec (or sometimes demi-sec).
Same goes for Bacchus.
And I like Eiswein, which is a very sweet (natural sweet!) wine. The trick with that one is: The grapes are not cropped before the first frost of the Winter ('Eis' means 'Ice'). You need a good vintage and a lot of experience to make a wine that way, but the result can be mindblowing. (If you know Sauternes, you get an indication how they taste.)

Last edited by a moderator:
During revelry, a blood rare hanger steak and fries got washed down by three 9.0 belgian ales that were far too fancy for ol Scribbler. Then later, in front of this lighted window to...to other typed words, a 24 oz can of Hurricane made everything right...woulnds stopped oozing and arthritic appendiges became agreeable. And tomorrows another day of of wishing for more...and getting after more, than just whats "right".

Used to party a lot with booze.Polish vodka,tequila,white wine and beers like veltins,krombacher,warsteiner,becks,brinkhoffs and hansa.
About a year ago,I stopped and didn't drink any alc since then.
This sounds like I'm a dry addict,but that isn't the case.
I got tired of it and having a three year old daughter with all these responsabilities involved certainly helped me quit alc and hemp.
I'm a lot more productive now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back