What are you drinking? (5 Viewers)

Because during the Super Bowl I drank 5 St Pauli Girl beers and a shot and felt nothing I quit drinking. Today I saw there is St Pauli NA as in no alcohol. In my haste to get to the party I must have grabbed NA by mistake. So today I drank a bunch of wine. Of course it was before I started drinking today that I cut the hell out of my thumb.

st_pauli_na.png

I ordered that at a restaurant once and drank about half of it before I figured out what the NA meant. I've always loved St Pauli (better than Beck)and it seems recently to have made some inroads of acceptance.

Two scotch & Heinekens tonight. Rarely have it (glen livet) but it sure tasted swell. Relaxing unlike my usual inspiring vodka.

I've never been a whisky drinker. But tonight I have bought a bottle of Aberlour 10 yr single malt. Drinking it neat on the rocks. And it's not bad. Kronenbourg on the side.

Sounds Good, HS. I am drinking Almaden wine, from Cali.. On sale $7.00 a gallon,and it shows. I have a case of Bud waiting in the wings, but I'm not much looking forward to that either. Times are tough. CRB:)

Scotch is my favorite to chase with good beer. I have no scotch so tonight it with be White Russians.

I have no kahlua so no Black Russians for me (don't like milk much-good with brandy, though). That's why it was some old scotch I had last night.

I agree that beer goes great with scotch but for some reason I always drink beer with black russians-I'm weird that way.

you Californians with dogs are always doing weirdo stuff!:eek:
I'll take a black or white Russian anyday- I don't worry, the Cold War is over.:DCRB

art openings fed me the usual forthputting. Red wine saved the day, I dispersed them all with a piano piece. Cell phones became the bane of human existence. BYE

Just finished a bottle of two buck chuck and I'm wondering (like I knew i would be) why I didn't purchase the second bottle. Now the question ... to run to the liquor store or not to run to the liquor store? I don't have enough in the wallet, but, I have some in my earthquake fund .... hmmm, stay tuned.

I only drank alcohol twice in my whole life. The third time won't be in that night : I am quenching my thirst with glasses of very tasty lemonade.

I drink lemonade for breakfast or with vodka. Last night 3 white Russians ( they were tan when stirred) I got ript playing Scrabble with my wife and mother in law. Today I made dinner and am drinking Douglas Hill Cabernet . It is the same people who make Charles Shaw $2.00 WINE. I feel just fine as wine.

Seduced by the "neighborhood slut" of cheap Puerto Rican rum and Diet Coke.

Thanks to an economy that demands 2, or ideally, 3 drinking sessions per twelve dollars( give or take a bar tab or two).

Palo Viejo is the name
and rum-fueled blood sugar spikes is the game
and the odds of me triggering a latent genetic
Demon of Diabetes Curse are low

since I'm nowhere near the ice cream.

or so I'm told...

</rhyming>
</ridiculousness>

I drink lemonade for breakfast or with vodka. Last night 3 white Russians ( they were tan when stirred) I got ript playing Scrabble with my wife and mother in law. Today I made dinner and am drinking Douglas Hill Cabernet . It is the same people who make Charles Shaw $2.00 WINE. I feel just fine as wine.

GHKLOVE- You are my Hero!:)CRB

Tonight I only drink if my wife drinks. It is cold rainy and she has the next couple of days off. I think I better find a recipe for a warm alcoholic beverage. That's what I'll drink.

You know, this is the Bukowski board and to have more replies for dinner than drinking is a mortal sin-so keep eating but don't forget about this one.

Gonna start with that big ol' Fosters can tonight (and that may be it).

black coffee , strong.

and speaking of strong i'd like to drink alfa strong as well ( 9.2% beer in a 0.5 ltr can) top that off with a few normal alfa's and i'm a happy man .

4 pack of Grolsch. Then the last (for now) of the Aberlour. Recommended by my dolphin doctor - you know - he's a medicinal porpoise.

"The Spirit of Georgia", manufactured in Germany with blood orange and prickly pear, so called traditional refreshment, is it? :cool:

I've read the three novels, yes. I thought they were great. I got into him because of his father and I got into his father's stuff through Bukowski.

Bruno;
Try reading the play "Don Giovanni" by Dan Fante. I'm not into plays as a rule, but thought that this was a great one...
Bill

Nice one. I've actually looked into buying that before so, with your advice in mind, I'll make sure I check it out. A bit like Buk, I've read all the novels too quickly.

Anyone evr try to calculate how many beers they've drank in their life? Me, I figure to have averaged 3 or 4 per night (some nights 8 some nights zero, some nights twelve, followed by two zeros, etc) for 27 years...so its just about math. Whew, it can be alarming.

Anyone evr try to calculate how many beers they've drank in their life? Me, I figure to have averaged 3 or 4 per night (some nights 8 some nights zero, some nights twelve, followed by two zeros, etc) for 27 years...so its just about math. Whew, it can be alarming.

I didn't make that number up, and I think I'm being conservative on that figure.

With all of the vacant houses around here there are many lemon trees with branches hanging to the ground full of lemons.
I have been making gallons of lemonade no vodka or tequila- not until I get a job. I'm stocking up on lemon juice and even the lemon zest. I found a grapefruit tree so I need to make a couple of gallons of grapefruit juice. yummy!

Lemonade - jesus, I'm stupid. We have huge lemons in the front yard and I never use them, but I love lemonade...

It can be a lot of hard labor. They make nice power citrus juicers. It will make the kitchen smell great. Even without the vodka.
Well I went and pulled five grapefruit sized lemons off the tree tonight. Tomorrow I will juice them by hand on the glass juicer thingie.

Then what do you do, mix with water and sugar/honey?

Here are a couple of good recipes.
1.) Sunkist lemonade recipe.

2.) this one wants you to make a syrup out of the sugar-whatever.

I use less water less sugar . Less sugar if you plan to add vodka or tequila.

Grapefruit sized? That can't be good, taste them first. I had some made from lemons that may have been cross pollinated by an orange tree. It made terrible lemonade until we put the 100 proof vodka in it. Not tart enough.

This is so gay exchanging recipes on here. Bukowski will haunt us for this.

83 degrees. Cool breeze. Just back from an LAX game (an hour away - yuk). Ice cold bud light. Erasing the road dirt, and the loss. Burgers going on the grill.

Grapefruit sized? That can't be good, taste them first. I had some made from lemons that may have been cross pollinated by an orange tree. It made terrible lemonade until we put the 100 proof vodka in it. Not tart enough.
I guess I'll find out soon, there's a batch chilling right now. The giant lemons tasted pretty sour, but I dunno. I can pick them when they are smaller. The tree has lemons on it all the time. It's a freak of nature. A very small orange tree out back is bearing large fruit too. Maybe the soil under this place is nuclear or something...

Once I taste the lemonade I'll pass along my recipe for tofu broccoli casserole. It's really much tastier than it sounds.

Homegrown fruit rocks.

We've got a whole bunch of crazy shit out back. Mangos are my favorite, if the squirrels and other rodents (I won't name) don't get 'em first. But the grapefruit is real old-fashioned Florida grapefruits. Big, juicy. And vodka has never tasted better than mixed with this natural pure sugar water.

The lemons, the limes, etc., there are a bunch of trees here, too. Not on my property, but dad gum, you are correct "” they are great for cooking. On top of fish, el al. I grab 'em from my neighbors; haven't bought one in years.

The only difference I find with the grapefruits here, the old-fashioned ones we have, is that they have lotsa seeds. All the new fangled ones have been genetically engineered to have less seeds. But the originals taste much better. We have friends who come over and take bags of 'em away.

Anyone who ever comes to Fl is welcome to fill up a bag or two. ;)

And if you bring vodka, I'll make the best V-Grapefruit you've ever had. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back