What are you drinking? (6 Viewers)

not sure if it's considered light, but it sure is red and damn it's good, and at 2 bucks a bottle, it's my favorite wine ever!

That is the most foul fluid ever conceived, let alone actually produced and mass-marketed. I'll admit I did drink it for a week or two, and the price was right (it's 3-buck chuckup in Boston). Problem is, I had a glass of real wine one night, and then the foul, bitter sputum that is Charles Shaw made one more pass beyond my lips and was promptly spit into the sink. That was five years ago.

Trust me, you'll get over it. I suppose I shouldn't expect much from a Laker's fan.

2 buck chuck, Charles Shaw!
I've seen that before!!! Once, at a liquor store in a remote town I no longer reside in (East Greenbush, right between Albany and goodbye). However, I'm only about 20/30 minutes away from it. I'll have to check that out - thank you!

I couldn't drink the LTD yesterday! Does anyone know what I'm talking about... when you've drank something forever, and just one day it doesn't hit your tongue right, or you get heartburn instantly, or something weird happens on the first drink? I hate that - when you want to drink but just, something goes wrong. I especially hate it when you've drank something forever and it doesn't hit your tongue right on a day when you really have the opportunity to hit the bottle and screw it - I can't drink something if it doesn't excite my tongue, you know?

Does anyone know what I'm talking about... when you've drank something forever, and just one day it doesn't hit your tongue right, or you get heartburn instantly, or something weird happens on the first drink?

You'll just love 2 buck chuck. Like bile mixed with vomit and a dash of #39 violet.

I get heartburn just looking at the bottle.

Oh that sounds quite lovely... usually when something tastes bad, I'll down the first few, because after that you cannot taste anything. However the day I'm talking about... I can't explain it. Wasn't getting it on with me. I took Xanax instead and almost got into 3 car accidents, apparently. :s

That is the most foul fluid ever conceived, let alone actually produced and mass-marketed. I'll admit I did drink it for a week or two, and the price was right (it's 3-buck chuckup in Boston). Problem is, I had a glass of real wine one night, and then the foul, bitter sputum that is Charles Shaw made one more pass beyond my lips and was promptly spit into the sink. That was five years ago.

Trust me, you'll get over it. I suppose I shouldn't expect much from a Laker's fan.

haha, no way p.s. I tried 2 buck for the first time 6 years ago, and haven't gotten over it yet! Though last night I downed one bottle and it left me with little more than a slight headache after! But, I still love it. This week, was the first time I've had it in about 8 months.

Lolita, try it, it's worth the price of admission!

and p.s. I want nothing more than a LA vs Boston final, for some sweet revenge!

I tried 2 buck for the first time 6 years ago, and haven't gotten over it yet!
That stuff tastes like a mixture of water, rubbing alcohol and red dye to me. Or, you know, how I would imagine that to taste.

If you want an ultra-cheap bottle of wine that is drinkable, find yourself a Fresh & Easy store and get some of their Saludas red wine from Spain. You'll never choke down that Charles Shaw poison again.

I've got a shopping list for tomorrow that includes wal-mart and the .99 cents store. There is a Fresh & Easy in the middle of the two, so I will take that suggestion and check it out tomorrow.

the Grand Poobah's wine recommendations take precedent over mine.
Naturally. There has to be some kind of benefit to manning the controls here.

But I didn't see your recommendation for an alternative to Charles Shaw (still don't). If I had, I probably wouldn't have chimed in. I know jack shit about wine. I just know how it flows across the tongue.

Or in the case of Shaw, scrapes across the tongue.

Anyway, the real question here is; what is gregormilligan drinking?

I was going to post what I was drinking but it seems the topic has changed a bit. Hmm. So I guess I have to report what greg is drinking and since he's not exactly next door to me, well, I can't go knocking on his door asking him can I?

So, he's in Scotland and they drink Scotch, maybe, well I don't know. Let's just leave it that he's drinking alcohol cause the boy seems to do that. So yes, he's drinking Budweiser and Jack Daniels and what not and good luck to him what with his doctors orders and all. Yes, cheers and all that. Hmm.

Well, how nice for you. Since this is your thread now, after all. I'll be having Bud Lights at a lovely place called the Church near Fenway Park in Boston tonight. I'm sure either vodka or jagermeister will be involved also. So cordial of you to allow me to post in your thread, Greg.

Sounds good.

I don't want this to be my thread:( it should be for everyone. No need to get snippy.:)

Edit: You started this thread, it's more yours than mine! Also my name's Gregor, not Greg.

Right now I have a nice bottle of Muriel Reserva that I was going to save for a rainy day. Hey - it rained today, so ...

Sounds good.

I don't want this to be my thread:( it should be for everyone. No need to get snippy.:)

Edit: You started this thread, it's more yours than mine! Also my name's Gregor, not Greg.

No, No, I know when I've been defeated, it's your thread now. The old have to make way for the young and all that.

Good luck in keeping the fine tradition going and if I may be of help I am always at your service.

He may not look like much but he's gregor's new best friend. An example for us all. Good dog.

slimedog.jpg

you spent your paycheck on LaffyTaffy? you should've bought another bottle of Jack Daniel's, because that one is almost empty.

Ha, I bought the Jack last night, the laffy taffy, I bought two bags at the local .99 cents store. One for me, one for a girl I'm kinda seeing. That Jack was like 18 bucks, on sale! I also bought an 18pack of miller lite for 11.99 at a local drug store, so I'll move onto that next to wash all the whiskey and laffy taffy down!

man, booze is cheap in the States. what you bought for $30 would cost me $50+ here. even though our dollar is close to par.

when I was in Florida in early March, we were buying half decent wine (Yellow Tail from Australia) for half what it would cost up here.

that sucks hooch, and not to rub it in, but leave it to my kinda/sometimes girlfriend to have realized the 11.99 18 pack, also came with a $6.00 rebate. So after searching through all my receipts, she found the reciept, the rebate was on the box...and I guess that 18 pack was $5.99! Not bad, not the best beer, miller lite, but I'll take it for $5.99 an 18 pack! Oh the fight that ensued when I had no idea of the whereabouts of the receipt!

I haven't been in a bar for about 3 years (take away the house bars at the track), but my mother and I found ourselves at a new bar today run by Mexicans. It was new because we had never been there before, despite having seen it a thousand times next to the bank. It was like 12:30 in the afternoon so no one was there, it was very, very nice; a great ambiance. Dim lights, low Mexican music, MX v IT on the TV. It has been a shitty 7 years, so we decided to spring for top shelf using her house-money for the week. She started off with a mojito, made the right way. And I with a pina coloda. We then moved on. I to my new favorite drink (and I feel like such a pussy...), sour-apple martini; and she with an order she had to put in three times only to be told in Spanish that "Americans don't know how to drink" - vodka with a splash of diet coke. Always diet.

Good times, salsa salad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back