Buk Trivia... Answerer becomes next Questioner (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. That'll teach me.

Okay. Let's do this:

For about ten years Bukowski gave up writing.
From when to when? Approximate is okay.

Either you know this, or you don't. No Googling

And if this has already been asked in this thread,
then don't say so, let someone new answer.

she gave him ten dollars to get a room downtown after the old man found and read his short stories. she was hiding behind a bush, waiting for hank to get home to warn him. they were walking toward longwood when she gave the $ to him i believe...

ok, i have one, but it's a Black Sparrow question. not exactly buk, but close enough i suppose...

did the Black Sparrow Press ever publish hunter thompson? if so, when and where?

Yes! He was published in Thus Spake the Corpse, Volume 1 (1999).... They are excerpts from a book of letters.

I cannot think of any other times that BSP would have published him...

Bill

Wakoski didn't make an appearance until Black Sparrow publication #27. The name Bill is looking for appears on the fifth BSP broadside.

I would answer, but it wouldn't be fair, since Seamus Cooney's The Black Sparrow Press - A Checklist, which details the first 100 publications, is sitting right here in front of me. ;)

Michael Forrest, MASS FOR SMALL THINGS, broadside, 14 1/2" x 10", September 1966, $5, 30 signed copies.

mjp is right.... Only someone with one of those two biblios would know that.... Sorry. They are a cool look into what the early BSP was into... Well worth picking up, although the later one is more complete.

Bill

Gah.

Umm...

How may stand-alone (not bound in to the regular issue of Wormwood) Bukowski chapbooks and "special sections" did Wormwood Review produce?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back