The Poker Thread (2 Viewers)

The only thing I'll be paying the dealer for is to keep his mouth shut about what I really have. ;)
You have the dealer button. If you think the US$ dollar is weak try spending some fake US$s.:D

Button moved to seat 1.

New hand?

Absolutely, but a question: why not reveal Gerard's other card? I paid to see it; but is it a courtesy to him for not taking the hand? I know it's irrelevant since it didn't make a better hand for him, but so was my 6 of clubs. If people get to see what I bet on early with a 6 as a "kicker" or high card, why shouldn't we know what Gerard had as a full hand early on as well?

I mean it's not a big deal, and I'm only using Gerard as an example because we only have one hand to go on, but it seems strange...

Lastly, Gerard said he may not be available tonight. But delays here are inevitable. For example, I'll be in Alabama from Friday - Monday, with some, but not much, internet access.

Anywho, thanks, Hank Solo, for doing all of this. Is there a way we can bring it all on-line so you don't have to flip cards yourself and play instead?

why not reveal Gerard's other card? I paid to see it; but is it a courtesy to him for not taking the hand? I know it's irrelevant since it didn't make a better hand for him, but so was my 6 of clubs. If people get to see what I bet on early with a 6 as a "kicker" or high card, why shouldn't we know what Gerard had as a full hand early on as well?

I mean it's not a big deal, and I'm only using Gerard as an example because we only have one hand to go on, but it seems strange...

Perhaps you're right. It was out of courtesy to Gerard. He may want to say what his other card was. I showed one of his cards just because he bet out on the river. I figured you were ahead, and wouldn't mind showing your cards. Sorry.

Is there a way we can bring it all on-line so you don't have to flip cards yourself and play instead?

Maybe. I'll ask the Admin.

The Bukowski card backs are nice.

Thank you for noticing :)
Like to join the table?

Did I play it wrong?

Just my opinion, but with two pair in the flop, turn and river, the odds of winning with a straight seems pretty remote to me. Especially with so many players. Then again, as it takes a few bid rounds to see them all, once you're in for a while, what's just one more bet to see? I would have expected a full house (or perhaps four of a kind) to beat you over a straight, which is what happened.

Of course, if I had thought that way today, I might have lost.

With impending competition, that's all yer gonna get from me. ;)

Huh? I see 2 players to the flop. The way this guy was playing to call I put him on K 10 suited or better - but sure he was on the button.
Anyway, with the nuts straight on the flop, I go all in and he calls with top pair and King kicker. He has no hope of a straight draw at this point in my opinion.
So all betting is done on the flop.
Turn gives him trip Queens, I'm still ahead.
Then he rivers his Full House.

Hey HankSolo, allow me to re-phrase. At the flop, it was just you and he. You drew a straight on the flop. You go all in, and he shows a pair of Q's. He gets three Q's and then a FH.

You're right. You played it OK, so forgive my previous explanantion (although it makes sense in a different scenario). Goes to show that anything can happen with just two down cards.

To clarify:

"the new theory
(Formula K) enacts itself:
M plus 5 plus C plus O
(brought down to
the relative power of
1/4 each)
and the horse with the
lowest total is
the winner."

You played it cool. The cards decided to bugger you.

:cool: or :eek:

Shit happens.;)

Well the pot was $250. With $880 behind, Blinds at $50, $100 and about to go up a level, what would you bet? If I bet the $100 minimum and he just calls what next? If he raises me do I fold? Am I pot committed? What hand do you put him on? Sure, seeing the turn would have given me pause for thought. Would have been hard to fold the nut straight on that flop. So I bet all in, thinking he'd fold - I was playing very tight but lost my lead a few hands earlier. Some players call anything, and hit the river. This other guy is also pretty tight, but will usually bet hard with a good hand. I was surprised he called with only a pair, despite the king. Obviously :eek:

You played it OK, so forgive my previous explanantion (although it makes sense in a different scenario).

Goes to show that anything can happen with just two down cards.
The cards decided to bugger you.

Shit happens.;)
Well partially in my defence, I was also drunk ;)

Well the pot was $250. With $880 behind, Blinds at $50, $100 and about to go up a level, what would you bet?
Somewhere in the neighborhood of 200.
Because what will happen?

If I bet the $100 minimum and he just calls what next? If he raises me do I fold? Am I pot committed? What hand do you put him on?
Dude, look at the pot odds you were giving him.

The expected value of what he had to win, with
you busting, and getting all your chips, made
it worth his while.

On reflection, yes I could play it differently and maybe get out of trouble. So the alternative would be bet 200, be called, check the turn and probably fold by the river. I'd be down to 680, maybe 480 if he raised before the turn and I wanted a look-see. Still, I'd likely be next out. We were on level 5 I think blinds wise.
Yeah, could have played differently, but it happens sometimes. The deck hit him square in the face. Nevermind. Won the next 2 STTs. $20! Whoooppee!

Okay. Shall I shuffle up?

Hand No. 2.

Button on seat 1.
Gerard posts SB 10. hooch posts BB 20.
Shuffling, dealing hole cards.
[PMs]

Action on Purple.

Button on seat 1.
Gerard posts SB 10. hooch posts BB 20.
Shuffling, dealing hole cards.

Action on Purple.

Purple Stickpin calls $20.
Ponder folds.
Father Luke folds.
Gerard K H Love folds from the small blind.

hoochmonkey9 action on you.
Check, raise or fold?

Looks like it's me and hooch.

Question: If the small blind folds on the opening bid (only), he keeps the small blind, but if the big blind folds, that remains in the pot? Yes, no?

The Small Blind is already in the pot, so if that player folds, they have already lost that amount.

Hand 2. Flop.

hooch checks. 2 players. hoochmonkey9 and Purple Stickpin. Pot $50. Flop:

04%20of%20Clubs.jpg
Jack%20of%20Hearts%201.jpg
03%20of%20Spades.jpg

4 of Clubs, Jack of Hearts, 3 of Spades.

Action on hooch.
(Min bet is $20)
Fold, check or bet?

When I said "Call," I meant I'm in for the minimum bet. When Hooch Checked, that means he isn't betting. Hooch can't check if I've already called. Or am I retarded?

Well, yes, I am, but I don't think I'm wrong.

Thanks, FL. In other words, if he had nothing to do with the blinds, he'd have to Call, right?

I've played a ton of poker in my time, but never Texas hold 'em. Principles the same, execution differments. that kinda shit.:cool:

In other words, if he had nothing to do with the blinds, he'd have to Call, right?

'Zactly. Hat's off , etc., etc.

Think of the blinds as a type of ante, and you
may begin to see how blinds function.

Texas Hold'em has one player always anteing, and another ante-ing half. If gets the game rolling along.

In the big people games, the later stages has
everyone ante-ing, every hand. . . but we will save
that for another lesson. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back