The Poker Thread (2 Viewers)

Hand 3 - Showdown

Pot is a whopping £2,090.

Showdown please - Purple first:

First off, I'm mother-fuckin' drunk.

Pair o' Jacks with an Ace kicker. A'in't yooze supposed to be doin' this, Hank Solo?

Where's the puke smiley on this god-damned website?

Okay Purple shows Ace of Clubs, Jack of Hearts and he has a Pair of Jacks, Ace kicker.

Ponder?

New hand - Hand 4

Players and their stacks (seating order)

1. Father Luke $1,490
  2. Gerard K H Love $1,230
  3. hoochmonkey9 $1,250
  4. Purple Stickpin $975
  5. Ponder $2,555

Dealer button moved to seat 3, hoochmonkey9.
Purple posts small blind $10
Ponder posts big blind $20.

Shuffling cards, dealing to players starting at Purple.
PMs sent.

Action on Father Luke:

Hand 4 - The flop.

Okay, 4 players.
Pot now 160.

Burning 1 card. And the flop comes down as:

Jack%20of%20Clubs.jpg
04%20of%20Spades.jpg
03%20of%20Hearts.jpg

Jack of Clubs, 4 of Spades, 3 of Hearts.

Action now on Purple.

Hurumph.

That first goal was WAY offside.

Still, better than the France Romania game.

(Internet source.)

The first goal was NOT offside. Here are the laws that say so.

Section 11.11 of FIFA's Advice to Referees
Section 11.4.1 of Laws of the Game, FIFA Refereeing Code

In section 11.11 (Defender legally off field of play) of FIFA's "advice to referees," it clearly states that "A defender who leaves the field during the course of play and does not immediately return MUST STILL BE CONSIDERED in determining where the second to last defender is for the purpose of judging which attackers are in an offside position. Such a defender is considered to be on the touch line or goal line closest to his off-field position. A defender who leaves the field with the referee's permission (and who thus requires the referee's permission to return) is not included in determining offside position."

This answer is correct, and the rest of the world will catch up eventually. Which, of course, explains why the Italians lined up without much of a protest to restart the game after the Dutch goal. Not to mention that the Italian defender was knocked there by his own keeper (Buffon).

Also, from an updated soccer report on FoxSports.com

"RUUD van Nistelrooy's opener in The Netherlands' 3-0 demolition of Italy in Berne was not offside, the chairman of Austria's refereeing commission Gerhard Kapl insisted after the game.

According to Kapl the Dutch striker was played onside by Italian defender Christian Panucci, who had been injured moments earlier and who was behind the goalline as Van Nistelrooy fired home.

Kapl told Austrian news agency APA that, contrary to Italian protests, the decision by Swedish referee Peter Frojdfeldt to award the goal was "100 per cent correct, without any doubt."

Kapl added that article 11.4.1. of the refereeing code stipulated that "an opposing player cannot be offside when one of the last two defenders has left the field of play," as in the case of Panucci."

The Dutch player was about 5 yards ONSIDE. Clean play, good goal, excellent work by the officiating crew for getting it perfectly correct, right then and there. Shame on all commentators who got this dead wrong.

Yes, I heard this argument later. It seems there are by-laws and then there's good sportsmanship, and then there's Ruud v. Nistelrooy :D

If you saw Ruud's face when he put the ball in the net, and how he stared in disbelief at the assistant referee, and didn't really dare celebrate at first, well, he almost looks guilty ;)

It was a good game and Holland were worthy winners. They might be my new favourites to win the tournament.

BTW - I'm not bitter about England not being there - they messed up badly and need to improve a great deal as a team.

The Italian goalkeeper boxed his own defender over the line,
the defender had to roll back in the field within 2 seconds??, or what :)

Football is still a very conservative sport, that will not change.
I like the free interpretations of the rules in the game of snooker.

Where is Gerard?

I like the free interpretations of the rules in the game of snooker.

Where is Gerard?

I like the free interpretations of the rules of BukNet Poker.

and its Uncle Gerard to you my nephew Ponder.

Like Father Luke says I like the color and contrasts of the game-CALL!

Hand 4 - the Turn

Okay, pot is $400.

Our 4 players and their stacks: (order of play)

• Purple Stickpin $875
  • Ponder $2,455
  • Gerard K H Love $1,130
  • hoochmonkey9 $1,150 (on the dealer button)

Burning one card. Here's the Turn card:

09%20of%20Hearts.jpg

9 of Hearts.

Action on Purple:

So we have a Father, an Uncle, a nephew and a Dealer, what's next.
What's the title of that movie again; the cook, his wife and a thief or so?

By the way, the Dealer shuffles the cards better and better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back