Leaderboard:

1. Ponder $3,455
  2. Father Luke $1,490
  3. Gerard K H Love $1,130
  4. Purple Stickpin $875
  5. hoochmonkey9 $550

Dealer takes a comfort break.

Yippee... 1st from 50 (MTT) on PKR. Shame it was only play money this time :D

Oh no, I've decided to not have any more bad beats. I find I don't enjoy them ;)

Another great hand on PKR.

Hello again Poker fans.

Here's another nice hand from a tourney today.

To be fair, SM is a small stack, but did he need to take a risk here?

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/10374
(I'm the Hero on the table)

Well, of course, I was pleasantly surprised by the flop.

:eek:

Nice, but it would have been nicer if someone with some real money had a pair of aces.
You don't see a straight flush very often in a lifetime.

Pocket pairs SUCK. I mean they really really really are awful. Pocket pair? FOLD. YES FOLD. Every time. Every damn time.

Carry on...

No. Online poker sucks. Full Stop. Yes sir. Bad beat? Bah. Humbug.

Nice, but it would have been nicer if someone with some real money had a pair of aces.
You don't see a straight flush very often in a lifetime.

I play with real money on PokerStars.

What a pleasure, such a difference, the level of the players is way higher.

I play low buy in tourneys. $6+$0,50 is my max.

Most of the time I play the $1 or $3 buy in tourneys.

Sometimes a 45 players tourney, I also like the 18 players and 9 players tourney.

Last week I finished at the 6th place in a $4 buy in. A 180 players tourney! (My first 180 players tourney.)
4 hours playing in a row. Many good players, it was really tough. It reminded me of the good old chess tourneys. Finally they kicked me out when I was short stack and went all in with Ace and low kicker. The other player had a king and flopped a king. That was it.
Won $35 in this exciting 4 hours poker battle. Best result so far.

My advice, play with real money and play only the $1 tourneys the first 2 months. Learning stuff. Every day again.

I'm thinking about going back to Pokerstars - I only ever played with play money there before.

I play real money on PKR. Although it is a great game graphically the level of play varies wildly. I'm playing microstakes and small stake STTs mostly. A few small MTTs - came 2nd from 24 last week. But then donked away most of the winnings the next day :D

If you play very tight and aggressive at the right time you can do ok on PKR - mostly - but when you see weird hands come out you really bang your head on the desk. Some people seem to win with anything. eg. when I had KK and raised 4 BB the guy who won the hand (calling me to the river) hit his straight. He'd had 5 8 off in his hand when he called. Some players on PKR will not fold for any raise once they're in the pot - you see lots of draw chasing. Thought I'd finally done him over when we were heads up, I had a FH with my pocket QQs but then he just played All-in every hand. when you're at level 8 or 9 and the BB is 600 it doesn't take to long for your opponent to get his chips back like this so you have to loosen up. We ended up A9 vs A6, 6 and 9 on the flop. Still, 2nd gets a little money huh. Enough moaning from me. Playing live tonight - wish me luck.

I'm thinking about going back to Pokerstars - I only ever played with play money there before.

I play real money on PKR. Although it is a great game graphically the level of play varies wildly. I'm playing microstakes and small stake STTs mostly. A few small MTTs - came 2nd from 24 last week. But then donked away most of the winnings the next day :D

If you play very tight and aggressive at the right time you can do ok on PKR - mostly - but when you see weird hands come out you really bang your head on the desk. Some people seem to win with anything. eg. when I had KK and raised 4 BB the guy who won the hand (calling me to the river) hit his straight. He'd had 5 8 off in his hand when he called. Some players on PKR will not fold for any raise once they're in the pot - you see lots of draw chasing. Thought I'd finally done him over when we were heads up, I had a FH with my pocket QQs but then he just played All-in every hand. when you're at level 8 or 9 and the BB is 600 it doesn't take to long for your opponent to get his chips back like this so you have to loosen up. We ended up A9 vs A6, 6 and 9 on the flop. Still, 2nd gets a little money huh. Enough moaning from me. Playing live tonight - wish me luck.

I'm watching the Poker Channel now and then. Some pro's also play very weird, not standard. I don't play tight. I try to play aggressive in the beginning (the blinds are so low then) of the tournies to controle the table.
I make notes of people who play very tight. They hardly win a tourney.
That's my experience.
Sometimes I play tight, depends of my mood, and I try to set up a lot of variations in my game. Doesn't work all the time...but hey....w'll find a new winning sytstem, right:)
A lot of players play so standard that you're able to read them easily.

Have fun tonight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back