What are you listening to now? (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a voice mail from them answering me from about a month ago. They will send to overseas but for - I think she said_ $10. But she did say they will ship overseas.

There you go.

Or, alternately, if anyone needs to send them money and can't, you may paypal
me, and I'll buy it from them, and then mail the cdr to you.

We can work out the details.

- -
Okay,
Father Luke

61X2ROq-IUL._SS500_.jpg

Every now and then things get a tad wild, too much liquor gets consumed, the medicine cabinet gets rifled, something in the house get's broken...and then the speakers get a working over...okay, so here it happens more often then not.

Today it's the estimable Lemmy Kilmister and his cohorts doing "Sucker"

For those that need it like that, here's a clip:

2294989229_ddda4bfce3_o.jpg

The Avett Brothers will be my new favorites for quite a while.

They're like John Wilkes Booth meets Angus Young,
Or Earl Scruggs meets Sid Viscous

I have a clip of them up here: The Avett Brothers

Google Them. They have a MySpace page too (who doesn't?).

folder.jpg

I went to this school a few years before the record was made. Timing is everything. Innocence and despair continues but I have no record, either on wax or in court, to prove it.

Just a short time ago, I saw Dweezil Zappa playing "Peaches En Regalia" on the Craig Ferguson Show on CBS. Great guitar-based version of that song. And I have a VHS tape of his father in 1977 playing that same song on NBC's Saturday Night Live.

TV Rocks.
(at least every 31 years or so).

I'm listening to Jack Kerouac's Collection now. It's 3 CD poetry, prose and some haikus. He definitely can't sing.

grammar.jpg

Saw him play a couple of nights ago.

What a wonderful musician and human being.

Saw him play a couple of nights ago.

ok, now I'm jealous.
Ornette is one of my musical heroes and takes up quite a shelf in my music collection (24 lp's, 19 cd's and various albums where he's a sideman or guest. he shows up in the strangest places, a poor lou reed cd, a very good joe henry cd, yoko ono... so I have probably over 50 ornette recordings).
so, yeah, I'm jealous.

but right now,

Buddy_Holly_T_Gold.jpg

... we're a hap-py family ...

Listening to Paul Reddick,
canadian blues harmonica player

a cd called VILLANELLE

procuced and accompanied
by Colin Linden

A podcast from Jazz.fm91 -- My Kinda Jazz, hosted by the late Jeff Healey. Jeff, well known for his own style of blues playing, passed away quite recently. He had a great passion for early jazz. I know little about the music so I appreciated his similarly titled summer replacement radio program on CBC a dozen or so years ago. And recently I stumbled across a second book store with a bunch of reasonably priced jazz histories. That, along with the Red Hot Jazz site (and their real player downloads), allows me to think I know something about jazz. I don't, but I do like to listen to this old stuff.

Hey Digney in Burnaby, if you like older jazz, you might like a CD by Don Byron called 'Bug Music'.
It always makes me happy.

I'll keep my eyes and ears open for it. Funny, I always think of that older jazz as "cartoon" music mostly because it was the music used on the early cartoons we saw on t.v. Lots of hot jazz and dancing...uh, bugs. Fun stuff.

Sadly, I'm listening to the radio, Triple M out of Madison, out of a 2 inch telephone speaker. And they're playing yet another boring ass Jack Johnson song.

An uncle of mine is a 70 year old ex-Catholic priest from the west side of Chicago. He has had a life-long love affair with Jazz music and a voice that is almost too perfect for the radio. My brother and he decided to record a homemade radio show called The Best Of Jazz. So far they have recorded about 25 hour long segments that my brother is broadcasting through a radio steaming service in the Internet in a continuous loop. They add new shows all of the time. There is a limit to the amount of simultaneous listeners they can have at one time, but I have never been blocked from getting on there. Anyone interested in Jazz...experts, beginners, and everyone in between...might want to check it out. Here's how to tune in to the show:

1. Open up any MP3 player that supports MP3 streams, such as iTunes,Windows Media Player, or QuickTime.
2. Look for an option such as Open Stream or Open URL/Location.
3. Copy http://24.15.230.206:8000/listen.m3u and paste into the available field and click OK.

My uncle's name is Fred Brandstrader. My brother: Bill O'Shea, Jr. Anyone wanting to contact the show for comments, requests or complaints can reach them here:

[email protected]

There are no commercials, no charges, no requests for donations. This is just something they do for the love of jazz. For some reason I thought some in the crowd here at bukowski.net might enjoy it.

I just clicked on the link and up came my VCL player with "The Best Of Jazz", from "Fred Brandstrader and my nephew Bill O'shea."
Nice jazz music. Thanks..

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back